Chapter 18: I Can’t

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment Taec woke up, the image of JiEun crying popped in his mind. He worried a lot about his sister and decided to talk to her. She was still sleeping soundly and he then walked out of her room. He went downstairs and headed to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and the pantry, took some things out and started the stove. After a few minutes, he was able to successfully cook a special breakfast for his little angel. He brought the filled tray to JiEun’s room and woke her up.

“JiEun-ah, wake up. I prepared something for you.” He poked his sister’s cheek and when she fixed her body in a sitting position, “Voila, breakfast in bed!” He surprised his sister with a smile.

“Oppa, thank you, but what is this for?” she exclaimed.

“Nothing, should there be always a reason to show my love to my sister?” he replied with an unusual aegyo and tried to feed his sister with toast.

“Fine.” She said and took a bite of the toast. “Oppa, put some jam.” She then ‘ordered’ her brother and the man gladly followed.

After a few minutes, the foods on the tray were all gone and Taec tried to start a serious talk. “JiEun-ah, tell me the truth, did something bad happen with WooYoung oppa last night?”

Upon hearing ‘tell me the truth’, she already knew what her oppa was actually doing. But she remained silent.

“Angel, did you already tell him that you like him?” Taec asked again as if he was going through JiEun’s mind. The girl just nodded and tears started flowing again. Taec immediately knew how WooYoung replied to her confession. At the sight of his sister crying, he got a bit angry at his friend but decided to stay calm and understand the whole situation.

“Did he say why he rejected you?” He continued asking and the girl just continued crying louder. After a few seconds, she finally replied. “He said that because he’s not a good man and that he doesn’t want to ruin his friendship with you.” Taec remained silent and just hugged his sister. He comforted her until she calmed down and stopped crying.

It was already 10:30am and JiEun decided to fix herself up. When she was in the bathroom, Taec approached SunYe and told her to take care of their maknae and keep a close eye of her. He also called Fany to help comfort the little girl, while he went to meet someone. The two girls were left confused at the Ok Mansion.

“Khun-ah, can you come with me for awhile?” Taec said on the phone and the man on the other line, who was walking out from the airport, agreed. Taec picked up Khun from the airport and drove somewhere they are both familiar with. While he was driving, Taec told Khun of his problem about JiEun and WooYoung. He was confused on what to do; protect his sister or understand his friend. Khun then advised that they should hear Woo’s side first before deciding how to react.

They arrived at WooYoung’s place and rang the doorbell a lot of times. They called his phone and heard it ringing on the other side of the door but he was not answering. They then worried if their friend did something stupid and took out WooYoung’s reserve key placed under the fire extinguisher. They opened the door and were shocked to see their friend drunk and lying on the couch with an empty bottle of beer on his hand. They woke him up and were able to sober him up after half an hour. Now that he’s back to his senses, Taec started to talk.

“WooYoung-ah, you know what? I really want to punch you right now. But I will restrain myself and keep calm. Why did you hurt my sister? Do you know how much she likes you!?”

“I know. She told me yesterday that she loved me. I was really surprised.”

“She’s your friend’s sister. If you want to reject her, can’t you do it more gently!?”

“That’s why I rejected her, because she’s your sister!”

“What do you mean?! I never warned you not to date my sister!?!?”

“Taec, you know what kind of guy I am. I have dated many girls. I am a playboy and I can’t do anything to change that habit. Even though I also l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter