Chapter 43: Caffe Latte

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul National University, January 6, 2012, 3:30pm...

The bell had just rung and SoHee was walking down the hallways alone, towards the cafeteria. Fany had just left for her date while the other girls were still in class. She had to stay in school since she had to attend extra classes for the ones she missed some months ago.

While walking, she suddenly remembered something and smiled at herself and shook her head. “Why do I still miss him?” she asked herself. For the past few months, she has been trying her best moving on with her life. She thought that school work and being with her friends would help, but apparently, being with her friends made her miss that man more. During Christmas, she hardly spoke anything and she knew that her friends also longed for their dongsaeng. She needed something else to get her mind off of him. “Maybe a part time job?” she thought to herself.

~~Gwaechanha nega eobsneun nado gwaenchanha

Gaggeumsshik saenggaknaneun naldo gwaenchanha

Sashileun ajikdo shilgami anna nabwa

 

It’s alright, I, even without you, I’m alright

Even some of the days when I remember, it’s alright

Truthfully, I don’t think I still believe it

 

Ireohge oneulcheoreom bioneun nalen

Uri hamgge jeulgyeo deuleottdeon i norae

Hanchameul meonghani geureohge utgo isseo

 

In a rainy day like today

Together we listened to this song

I stare into space for a while and smile

 

Oh baby, bitbaraen haneulsaek keopeulti

Jogeumsshik gieoknaji anhneun ne saengil

Yeojeonhi nae mameun ireohge ddaddeuthande

 

Oh baby, faded blue sky couple tee

Slowly forgetting your birthday

But my heart is still this warm

 

Naegeneun neomudo ddaddeuthago hyanggiroun neo

Deoneun areumdabji mothan geot ijen geujeo chueokin geot

 

To me, you, who is so warm and smells so beautiful

But it can’t be more beautiful and now it’s just a memory

 

Baby baby geudaeneun Caramel macchiato

Yeojeonhi nae ibgaen geudae hyangi dalkomhae

Baby baby tonight

Baby baby geudaeneun Caffe latte hyang boda

Pogeunhaettdeon geuneuggim gieokhago ittnayo

Baby baby tonight

 

Baby baby you’re caramel macchiato

Still, near my lips, your scent is sweet

Baby baby, tonight

Baby baby, you’re more than the scent of caffe latte

Do you remember this feeling, this comfort

Baby, baby, tonight~~

            (♪♫ Caffe Latte – Urban Zakapa ♫♪)

 

She was about to turn to the cafeteria when a certain poster on the bulletin board got her attention. She smiled. “Perfect!” she exclaimed as she tore the contact details from the poster. She then headed inside and bought some snacks before finding herself a seat. She sipped her coffee as she dialled the number on her mobile phone.

“Yeobuseyo?” SoHee spoke as the receiver answered. “Ne, is this Im SeulOng-ssi?” she asked and the man on the other line confirmed it. “My name is Ahn SoHee... I saw a poster on a bulletin board here in SNU, so I think you’re also a student here... I called to inquire about the tutoring job? Is the job still available?”

“Ahh, about that... Yes, it is still available... Actually you’re the firts one to ask about it... So would you be able to do it?”

“Of course... I won’t be calling you if I won’t be able to handle it...” SoHee giggled.

“Right... so when do you want to start?”

“I can start anytime... but who would I be tutoring? I don’t think it would be you since the subjects are for senior high students...”

“It’s actually for my younger brother... his grades are decreasing and he would be taking the SATs in November, so my dad asked me to find him a tutor since he also wants my little brother to get into big universities... but with his current grades, I don’t think that would happen... he’s also a bit of a problem student, you know with the adolescent rebelling stage... so would you be able to help him?”

“I guess so... any way that I can meet him? I think it would be better if I be friends with him first before tutoring him... maybe I can use a friendlier approach and maybe he would be more willing to listen to a friendly tutor?”

“Uhmmm.., okay, I can arrange for you two to meet, but I’m not sure if a friendly approach would work since a brotherly approach didn’t...” He replied with a sigh. “Maybe you want to meet him tonight? Since a friend of mine would be throwing a party and my brother’s also invited... Maybe you know some people from the Arts College, all of us were invited, you could tag along?”

“Yeah, I know some people, but I’m not sure if I would be able to go... I’ll just text you if ever I attend...”

“Alright.., I’ll also send you the number of my brother just in case you can’t find me there tonight... And by the way, if you do a good job, the salary would be higher that what’s written on the poster... so I hope you do well... Fighting!”

“Okay.., thank you very much...” She thanked and hung up. She spent about five minutes thinking if she would go or not. She has extra classes that night but she wants to start the part time job soon.

When she had reached a decision, she then messaged Sun, Suzy and JiEun as she muched on her sandwich. After receiving their replies, she found that Sun would be going with KyuHyun while JiEun was not allowed by her boyfriend and brother. Good thing Suzy would be going dateless and allowed SoHee to go with her. They all decided to just meet at Sun’s house so that KyuHyun would just pick up the three in a single location.

Ok Mansion, 6:35pm...

“So, why are you allowed to go while JiEun isn’t?” SoHee asked Sun as she put on some makeup.

“Because oppa wanted a chaperone with us, but WooYoung oppa is busy tonight and you know that oppa is out on a date with Fany-unnie... so that means no party time for JiEun...” Sun replied while slipping into some dress.

“Then what about Suzy?” SoHee asked again.

“Khun oppa’s not as protective as oppa and even if Khun oppa prohibits her from going, she would still make a way to get what she wants... you know how stubborn this girl is...” Sun answered and patted Suzy’s head as she walked to her dresser. “The only one who this girl would listen to is oppa...”

“But TaecYeon oppa didn’t tell me not to go... so I’m allowed to attend this party...” Suzy replied and stuck her tongue out. She then joined the other two in putting on their makeup.

“So what’s this party for anyways?” SoHee asked.

“A graduating senior got accepted in one entertainm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter