Chapter 50: Valentine’s (part 1): You’ll Always Be Mine

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

February 14, 2012... Valentine’s Day...

 

Seoul National University... 10am...

The classroom was silent as they were concentrating at the exam they’re having on Valentine’s Day. How cruel could their professor be? That’s what’s running through majority of the students’ minds. However, there she was, still having that calm expression on her face as she was long done with the exam. Her hardwork paid off as she finished the exam earlier than the others, and was just waiting for the bell to ring.

There was about ten minutes left until the bell when the whole class started hearing some music coming from the outside. The room was not air conditioned and the windows were open making it more vulnerable to disruptions. The professor was about to reprimand whoever was making the noise outside but was startled when he approached the windows.

“Yah! Ahn SoHee!!! What’s the meaning of this?” the professor yelled and she was shocked. She did not know anything that she did to make her teacher mad at her. Everyone in class looked at their professor, then at SoHee, with confused expressions on all their faces.

“Seonsaeng-nim, did SoHee do something wrong?” Luna, one of her classmates asked with concern.

“This!!! What’s this man doing, interrupting my class?!” the teacher asked with a scolding voice as he pointed at something on the air. The class raised their eyebrows as they can’t understand what their professor was pointing at, until something appeared flying through the air.

There it was, a remote controlled helicopter toy with a medium sized banner hanging under it. “Nan neol choahae, Ahn SoHee... I like you, Ahn SoHee...” it read both in Korean and English. The class whistled like wolves and squealed before they left their exam papers on the desks and near the windows to see who the lucky guy was.

They all ignored the professor who was now in rage and called SoHee to see the confession. She walked close to the window as calm as ever, and saw SeulOng standing on the ground floor, controlling the toy with a smile directed at her. The banner then levelled to her and went closer to her, making it at her reach. His classmate, CheonDung, then reached for the banner and handed it to her. The helicopter went down and another remote controlled plane flew up the three floors with a small basket hanging under.

In less than a minute, it reached her and there was a letter and a small box of chocolates in it. She opened the letter and there it wrote...


~~I remember this night we had, outside on the grass us two (We were)

Gazin’ at stars who smiled as my eyes only turned towards you (I knew)

There was no one else I needed and my love’s never felt this way (I wasn’t)

Too sure if you would mind I was nervous but I had to say


Girl can I, call you mine, you and me, happily, by my side

Through day and night, let it be known, that you’re my own


Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover

Call you my one and only girl

Can I call you my every thing, call you my baby

You’re the only one who runs my world~~

She then thought of the past month they spent together. She remembered how he was a great help in making her forget about her past relationship. She remembered how he was there for her as often as he could. She remembered how he would try his best to make her smile. She remembered how he always walked with her after school and after tutoring JaeBeom, sending her home safely. She remembered how he tried his best to fit in her group of friends and he endured the challenges of the demonic brothers. And she remembered how she smiled happily for the first time after four months of depression.

She then smiled shyly before looking at him in the eyes, and offering him a slow nod, accepting his confession. The entire class of SoHee, the soccer club members of SeulOng, the crowd that have gathered downstairs and the faculty members that have seen the confession smiled and cheered for them. They all congratulated them and eventually named them as another power couple. SeulOng then smiled brightly, bowing at all directions, thanking everyone of their support, which SoHee only giggled at. 

 

Seoul National Hospital... 1pm...

“Look how cute he is...” GaIn gasped in amazement as she stared at the monitor with slightly teary eyes.

“Where? I can’t even see his head...” Kwon tried his best to search for their child’s image.

“There! That little being in the middle...” the doctor pointed at the screen as she continued rubbing GaIn’s belly with the instrument.

“He’s that little? But why is your belly big if he’s that little..?” the father asked, offending the mother of his child. As expected, GaIn hit the back of his head in annoyance. “I’m sorry, I was just joking... But he is indeed cute... he’s so small...” he apologized and kissed the forehead of his woman.

“And since you’re tha adam couple.., I think your child would remain cute and little until he’s grown old...” GaIn’s manager, JeA, interrupted as she peeked through the curtain, earning a glare from the couple but she just smiled back at them.

“GaIn-ah, I have to go..., my husband is already here to pick me up... I’ll go ahead okay?” she informed and the talent nodded. “Kwon-ah, take care of your wife well, you know how demanding pregnant women are, especially your woman... galke...” she teased as she waved goodbye.

“Hey, do you want to hear his heartbeat?” the doctor asked with a smile.

“We can do that?” Kwon asked.

“Of course, you can even have a little figurine of him made with today’s technology...” the doctor told them and they beamed with excitement.

“Here, can you hear it?” the doctor the other machine and they were able to hear their baby’s heart beating lively. “If you would like to wait for a while, I could have your baby’s image turned into a figurine...” she suggested and the two just nodded.

“Okay, let’s just clean this up and wait for me outside as I send these images to the lab...” the doctor wiped GaIn’s belly and left after a while.

The couple went to the benches outside and stared at the photo the doctor had printed earlier. “Wait here...” Kwon told his wife as he stood from his seat. He approached the counter and told something to the nurse. In a moment, she gave him a permanent marker and he wrote on the film before returning the pen back. He went back beside GaIn and took out his smart phone. “I think it’s time to announce to the world that I’m a proud daddy...” he sweetly told his wife.

“Are you sure?” she asked and he nodded.

“They already know that we are together anyway, and the scandal last year about having a child even earned some words of blessings from your fans, so what’s there to be afraid of? We are of the right age, our parents have blessed us, and now it’s time for the entire world to congratulate us... Besides, you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter