Chapter 19: Be My Baby

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Annyeong-haseyo my dear readers, I apologize for being a slow updating author. Actually, I have written more than 30 chapters already, but I plan to upload only one (if I'm happy, maybe two) chapter per week. This is because I know that I'm getting busier with my academics, and I don't want to be an irresponsible author who would be missing for more or less a month. So, even if I am busy, I would still be able to update my story. Hope you understand. Thank You. 

It was like any Monday morning. SunYe and JiEun went to school and Taec went out early. He stopped by his pad and gathered some documents for the day’s meeting. He drove to the office and handed the bodyguard his valet keys as he arrived. The suited man walked down the lobby while employees bow 90 degrees towards him. He then headed to the elevator and slid his hand in between the elevator doors which were about to close. Out of all employees in the corporation, he did not expect (that day) to see a man in a brown suit and eyeglasses inside the elevator. It was WooYoung.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Ok Sajangnim (President).” WooYoung greeted awkwardly.

“Ne, Annyeonghaseyo, Jang Busajang (SEVP).” TaecYeon also greeted awkwardly.

Both their offices were in the same floor and both waited for the elevator to ding. For a few seconds, the two were silent until WooYoung tried to kill the awkwardness.

“TaecYeon-ah, I’m sorry for the other day. I did not mean to. I know you were hurt too.”

“I also apologize for losing my cool. And I am okay now. It’s an issue between you and my sister. But just don’t use me as an excuse.” Taec replied and offered a handshake. They did their special-brother-handshake and the elevator was now filled with smiles and laughter.

“Hey, is your jaw fine?” Taec showed concern.

“You are strong but I don’t think you’re THAT strong to dislocate my jaw.” Woo replied mischieviously. Taec then jokingly punched Woo’s arm. The elevator doors opened and both walked out and headed to their offices.

“By the way, have you read the documents for the meeting?” Taec asked.

“Yup, I just read them while I was having breakfast. I am 90% sure that we can win this bid.”

“I have the same idea. Well good luck to us. See you later.” Taec answered as Woo reached the front of his office. Woo responded by putting his thumb up.

They met again at the conference room together with the other executives of the company and representatives of the client company. After a few hours, the meeting ended and the two walked out of the room with smiles on their faces and signed contracts on their hands. Taec had another meeting with the Finance department so Woo had his lunch first. He bought another bento set and went back to Taec’s office. He waited for Taec and took a nap on his office couch. In less than an hour, he felt a pillow thrown at his face. He then woke up, stood and fixed his now wrinkled shirt.

“Here, lunch. My treat.” Woo headed to Taec’s table and handed him the bento.

“Yah! Were you swaying your arms when you walked back here? Look at this. It’s messed up.” Taec showed the bento box all messed up. The some kimbab slices were now open and the sauce of the pork cutlets was dripping from the lid.

“Since when did you become a clean freak? It’s still food so eat it happily.” WooYoung replied.

Taec lost the argument and started eating the bento his friend bought. In no time, the box was empty and he then tossed it in the trash.

“Taec-ah, I have been thinking this past weekend and I have realized what I did wrong. I just want to ask your permission to pursue JiEun-ie.”

Taec’s face brightened up and his smile was from ear to ear. He stood and approached closer to WooYoung.

“Yah, I thought you’re gonna be happy for me? What’s that hand doing?” Woo expressed as a scary hand was about to smack him. He let out a sigh of relief as Taec’s hand actually patted his shoulder.

“That was not funny. I thought you were going to hurt me again.”

“That’s payback. You said earlier that I am not strong enough, so why are you scared?” Taec replied with a sly smile. “Kidding aside, I really hope you can tell JiEun what you truly feel and be able to be together. I entrust her to you. Promise me to protect her and not to make her cry again.”

“Promise. Kill me if I make her cry.” WooYoung swore and the both of them ended up having a bro-handshake and a bro-hug.

Taec made a video-call to Khun and announced Woo’s plan. Khun expressed his happiness by speaking very fast. It seemed that he was speaking alien language as he talked with his two best friends.

“Whathappened?WhatdidImiss?ThankGodyou’rebacktoyoursensesWooYoung-ah.Sowhatdoyouplantodo?HowareyougoingtotellJiEun?When?Where?IknowthisgoodplaceinSamSungDong,maybeyoucandoitthere.Doyouneedanything?”

“Slow down Khun, no one’s chasing you. Let’s meet up later at Woo’s apartment and plan a perfect event for my sister.” Taec calmed his friend down.

“Okay. 7pm?” Khun agreed with glittering eyes.

“Hey, you two should back me up on this. Help me think of a good proposal plan!” Woo shouted to the phone.

“Don’t you think you should first prepare a ‘sorry event’ before a ‘proposal event’?” Taec replied. 

“Oh right. Just help me later. We have 3 days to plan and implement this plan.”

“Why does it have to be done in three days?” Khun asked curiously.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter