Chapter 26: Best Friend

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After filling their stomaches with more than 100 servings of samgyupsal and other authentic Korean dishes, they separated ways and rested for the night. Of course, Taec brought Fany home. They arrived at her apartment building and he parked the car in its parking lot. Taec was about to lead Fany to the basement entrance until Fany stopped walking and pulled his hand.

“Oppa, I want to have my fifth wish.”

“Here? What is it?”

“No, let’s take a walk outside.” Fany wished and he nodded.

Fany lead the way and they headed for the playground near her building. They both went in and Fany sat on one of the swings. Taec stood in front of her with a confused expression.

“Fany-ah, aren’t we too old for these?” he expressed his confusion.

“What do you mean? No one is too old for these. No matter how old we look, we all still remain young at heart. We are children inside.” Fany explained her thoughts and smiled at her boyfriend. “Oppa, ppalli, push me.” She continued and the man gladly did as she wished.

“Hey, is this already considered as your sixth wish? Or not?”

“No, this is still included in my fifth wish. Okay?” she expressed with aegyo as Taec continued pushing the swing for her.

“Oppa, I’ll have my sixth wish.” She said with a loud voice as she was being pushed in the air.

“Malhaebwa (say it).” Taec said as he continued pushing her.

“Let’s have an honest talk.”

“About?”

“Stop pushing first. Sit there.” She said while pointing at the swing on her left side. Taec grabbed the chains of Fany’s swing tightly to bring it to halt. He then sat on the swing beside her as he felt the serious aura between them.

“What do you want to talk about?” Taec asked in a serious tone.

“Why the sudden seriousness?” Fany exclaimed and just continued. “Oppa, do you remember when we went to Jejudo last time?”

“Of course, what about it?”

“We had a truth or dare game right?” she asked and he just nodded. “You said that time that you felt something different for me. Something special, not just friends or best friends.”

“Wait a sec, you were listening?!?!”

“Of course, ‘No Secrets Policy’ remember?”

“But that was different. You said that you were going upstairs and will not listen to what we were talking about?”

“What’s wrong if I did? Look, if I had not listened to your ‘honest talk’, I would not have realized that I also like you and it would take longer for us to be together.”

“Fine, so what about that ‘honest talk’?”

“Why did you not confess to me and waited for me to confess to you?”

“It’s not that I waited for you to confess to me. I was just waiting for the right time. During your birthday, when SiWon sent flowers to you, I was so jealous that time and I knew right then that I really love you. I wanted to confess at once so that you would not be swayed by him ever again. But I decided to plan my actions, wait for the right time and prepare something special to confess to you. Who would ever know that you would have a bad dream and instead, be the one to confess to me?”

“So what were you supposed to do?” she asked in curiousity

“Remember the song I sang earlier? ‘My Heart is Beating’? I was supposed to sing that so I practiced it so hard, that’s why I can reach those notes without going off-pitch and all. And I was also asking around about couple bracelets.”

Fany did not reply for about a minute and just smiled at him.

“What? Just say what you want to say. But really, I am not a coward like the others said.” He defended in reaction to Fany’s ear to ear smile.

“Yes, you are not a coward and I also believe that you were planning to confess to me. That really explains why you perfected that song. Honestly, I kept on thinking how you did that.” She answered and Taec pretended to be hurt. She then stood, stooped down to level with Taec and kissed him on the cheeks. After receiving the kiss, he stood and hugged Fany, and filled her face with kisses. 

“But oppa, I really want to know why you still had to wait for the ‘right time’. When is the ‘right time’ anyway?” she asked as they still hugged each other.

“The right time is when both people are at their happiest, distressed and when the man is ready with all his resources, plans and mind. And I had to wait for the right time since I fell in love with my best friend. Just missing the right moment can ruin not only the courtship but also our friendship.” Taec looked at Fany and she just smiled and nodded at him.

"Oppa, can you promise me one thing?" she said and Taec just nodded. "Oppa, can we stay as best friends? Even though we are now a couple, I still want you to be my best friend. I still want to talk about things with my best friend. Can you?"

"Of course. That wouldn't change."

"No, oppa. I mean, even though we have love quarrels, I still want to confide in you, I still want you to be the one listening to my problems. I want you to still have the perspective of a best friend. And so will I. You get it?"

"Wouldn't that make us seem like we have split personality?"

"Oppa!" Fany whined and pouted.

"Arasseo. I promise, baby." Taec said and kissed her forehead. Fany just smiled widely and buried her face on his chest.

“Who told my best friend to be pretty and perfectly irresistible?” He said as he ruffled her hair. “Hey, ready for your seventh wish? Wishes expires you know?” he exclaimed as they walked hand in hand back to her apartment.

“Could you stay for the night?” she asked.

“That’s your wish?” he verified and she nodded. “Your wish is my command!” he replied with a kiss on her forehead.

They went up to her unit and prepared for bed. Fany took a bath first as Taec watched television and when she was done, he took his turn to freshen up. When he stepped out of the bathroom, a cup of hot chocolate was already prepared by his ‘baby’. They both continued watching television as they sipped their mugs. 

“Fany-ah, you need to have your eighth wish already, or else it will expire in 16 minutes.”

“Uhmmm, can the wish be said today but fulfilled tomorrow?”

“Okay, a bargain for my precious angel. So what is it?”

“Cook me breakfast tomorrow?”

“What do you want to eat? Korean or American breakfast?”

“You’re seriously asking me that? I thought you kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter