Chapter 30: Abracadabra

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“By the way, where’s Jay oppa?” Fany asked as she looked around the venue.

“I guess, he has found himself a real date.” Khun pointed at Jay with a glamorous woman.

“I don’t think Jay oppa is going to get married. He’s too much of a playboy. He’s one of the oldest in our group, yet he’s the one not being serious with his life.” JiEun expressed her worry which made them laugh.

Like what they told the other group, they approached Channie and DaRa, who were now not surrounded by business partners. “ChanSeong-ah, you’re still a college student, but you’re already busier than us.” Khun teased which lightened up the atmosphere. The moment he smiled, the girls saw their usual Channie, even though he’s trying to keep his real goofy self inside.

“I’m just being trained by noona. She said that I’ll be attending these gatherings alone after she marries.” ChanSeong replied with a fake smile.

“Excuse me, I’m just going to my friends over there.” DaRa said.

“I’ll accompany you, noona.” ChanSeong proposed but DaRa shook her head and told him to stay with his friends. ChanSeong and the others just replied with a smile.

“So, what were you being busy about?” Woo asked Channie.

“Nothing much. Noona was just introducing me with some of our clients and partners. It’s kind of good to meet more colleagues in a less stressful environment.” He answered. “Oh, what’s with that armor you bought earlier? Noona and I were really shocked when you bought that. I thought no one would buy that and would automatically be returned to DaeSung.” He said with his usual cheerful self. Woo just smiled and ignored him after getting the same reaction.

They were happily chatting when a familiar man approached them. “Annyeong, Taec and Fany.”

“Oh, Siwon-ssi.” Taec awkwardly greeted while Fany flashed her beautiful eyesmile. They chatted for awhile and fortunately, Siwon left when her date, Park Bom, pulled him away.

“What’s with that eyesmile earlier?” Taec jealously asked.

“Huh? I just greeted him.” She replied but Taec was still jealously annoyed. “That’s how I normally greet people. And you have agreed that SiWon and I can still be friends, as long as you around, right?” she added and Taec just admitted defeat.

While they were arguing cutely, a girl was hurriedly walking. She bumped WooYoung and spilled her cocktail over his black suit.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I was not looking at where I was going. I’m really sorry.” The girl tried wiping off the stain from Woo’s coat without even looking at his face.

“No, it’s alright. It’s just a stain. I can handle it.” Woo replied as he took off the coat.

The girl recognized the voice and when she lifted her head up, “WooYoung-ssi?” she said and she jumped while wrapping her arms around him. Upon seeing this scene, JiEun who was just standing at the side felt confused, stunned, annoyed, and jealous. Woo was also left confused but it didn’t occur to him to push the girl away. Seeing his sister, Taec cleared his throat and signalled Woo to push the girl away. And he did.

“Uh.., may I know who you are?” Woo asked the girl.

The girl was just confused and tilted her head. “It’s me, Kim TaeYeon.” Woo just remained silent as he expressed he tried remembering who she was. “We had a date before? Then you brought me to NamSan Tower? Still doesn’t ring a bell?”

Woo tried harder and finally, a light bulb appeared. “Ah, the girl in the cable car with a weird but cute ahjumma laugh?” he said and even though it was slightly offensive, TaeYeon was still happy that he remembered her. She hugged her again and asked him what he was doing here. He said that he was invited at the event and he asked the same question. Apparently, she and some of her friends were asked to perform at the event.

“I tried calling the number you gave me, but no one was answering.”

“I lost my phone that time, so.”

“What bad luck you have. Hey, my friends are already looking for me.”

“I see, nice seeing you again, TaeYeon-ssi.”

“Me too. See you again.” The girl waved her hand with a wide smile.

During their short conversation, one girl was feeling so annoyed. Fany and Taec consoled JiEun by hugging her and patting her back. After the two were out of their own world, Khun tapped Woo’s shoulders and signalled him about JiEun. After seeing her angry posture, Woo felt like he committed a crime.

“NamSan tower!? Cable car!? Weird but cute ahjumma laugh!? I guess you didn’t only have one date!? Lost phone!? I guess you didn’t dump her properly!? Hugging happily after being dumped!? What’s with that!?” JiEun angrily expressed. 

He approached her and continuously apologized and explained. JiEun went outside to get some fresh air and the man followed him, still apologizing. The three men just shook th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter