Chapter 38: Never Knew I Needed

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chan woke up to the smell of coffee. He scrunched his eyebrows together thinking where the smell of coffee came from, then he remembered that his hyung had visied him. He rubbed his eyes as he walked out of his room to find his hyung pouring some coffee to a cup.

“Hey, good morning.” Taec greeted as he saw the maknae walking towards the kitchen counter.

“Morning, did you have a good sleep hyung?” Chan asked.

“Sort of. Want some coffee?” Taec offered and Chan nodded. Taec took another cup and poured him some.

“I didn’t know you were staying here. The floor must have been uncomfortable.”

“It was okay, at least you had heated floor. I cancelled my hotel reservation. I figured that you might need someone to talk to in case you woke up in the middle of the night.” Taec replied and Chan smiled

“When are you leaving?” He asked as he took a sip of coffee.

“Later, I need to go back to Tokyo since I already have my flight ticket to Seoul, so I’ll be leaving after lunch.”

“Can we have our lunch together then?”

“Okay, but you sure you don’t have any schedules?”

“I can ask SooYoung to push them back for me.” Chan grinned while Taec shook his head. “I need to get ready for work, later hyung.” Chan disappeared behind his room.

After a few minutes, Chan walked out from his room and he was welcomed by the breakfast Taec has prepared. While he was munching on his breakfast, Taec borrowed his bathroom and freshened up. They both left the apartment by 7am and headed to Channie’s office. Chan didn’t have meetings for the morning so he stayed in his office with Taec keeping him company. The two chatted everytime Channie wanted to take a break from reading and signing proposals and contracts.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Taec started as he closed his netbook.

“Shoot.”

“How do you feel about Sulli?”

“Huh? Why the sudden talk about her?” Chan was surprised. “But anyways, she’s a good friend and she keeps me company. She’s everyone’s happy pill.”

“You sure that she’s not YOUR special happy pill?”

Chan kept silent for a while before replying. “Nope, she makes everyone happy, hyung. So don’t think anything beyond that. I know what you’re fishing, and let me tell you, she’s JUST a FRIEND.”

“Chan-ah, listen to me first, and just think about the things I will be saying. Don’t reason out just yet. Chan-ah, I know you well. Are you sure that you’re not making yourself blind because you feel responsible for SoHee? I can see that Sulli is a special friend for you. You two met just three months ago, don’t you think that you two are that close in just a short period?” Taec stood from the couch and moved to the chair in front of Channie’s table

“Plus, knowing you, you won’t let any girl, who you don’t have any affection with, cling on you whether or not you are in a relationship with someone else. In less than a day, I could see that there’s something else other than friendship going in between you two. She cares for you a lot and a normal friend would not visit you every day or every night just to make sure you’re okay. I could see that she likes you, dude, and you like her too.” He continued and Chan was about to say something but Taec didn’t let him.

“It might not be love, but there is connection between you two. To tell you the truth, I asked the Chois last night about you. I was shocked and worried about you but I was quite relieved after what Sulli told me. I was surprised at first, but that’s when I realized that you like her. Chan-ah, the fact that you cry in front of her and tell her almost everything, is already a sign that you like her. All these years, you haven’t cried in front of any of our girls other than SoHee. Whenever you have problems, you would just cry in front of SoHee or your hyungs.”

“I admit that I feel connected to her. I don’t know but I feel comfortable around her. It’s like being around you guys again. She’s the only person who can understand me and just listen to me without judging.” Chan spoke.

“Look, Channie, I’m not saying that you don’t love SoHee anymore. I’m also not saying that you should be giving Sulli a chance and forget SoHee. I’m just making you realize that you’re showing signs of liking her. If you really don’t fall for her, you should do something not to make her hope for something she’s not gonna get. But if you fall for her, make sure that you’re not just seeing SoHee in her and that you would really love her, araseo?”

“Hyung, komawo.” Chan stood from his seat and walked around his table. He then wrapped Taec in a manhug and released after a few seconds.

“By the way, before I forget, here...” Taec handed him an iPod shuffle. “JunSu hyung asked me to give that to you. Something about a gift for you?” He added and the maknae understood right away with a smile.

The two sat on the couch and continued talking. Taec told him more about their friends back in Korea while Chan opened up his real feelings about living in Japan. Time passed and it was time for lunch. They went out for lunch and invited SooYoung but she declined. The two had lunch in a nearby restaurant and after some time, Taec had to leave for Tokyo. They separated ways as Taec went to the train station while Chan went back to his office.

He entered his office and saw Sulli dozing off on his couch. He walked closer to her and stared at her while she was sleeping. He then smiled upon remembering Taec’s words and placed his coat over her body to keep her from getting cold.

~~For the way you changed my plans

For being the perfect distraction

For the way you took the idea that I have

Of everything that I wanted to have

And made me see there was something missing


For the ending of my first begin

And for the rare and unexpected friend

For the way you're something that I never choose

But at the same time something I don't wanna lose

And never wanna be without ever again


My accidental happily ever after

The way you smile and how you comfort me with your laughter

I must admit you were not a part of my book

But now if you open it up and take a look

You're the beginning and the end of every chapter


Who'd knew that I'd be here

So unexpectedly

Undeniably happy

Said with you right here, right here next to me

Girl you're the...


You're the best thing I Never Knew I Needed

So when you were here I had no idea

You're the best thing I never knew I needed

So now it's so clear I need you here always~~

            (♪♫ Never Knew I Needed – NeYo ♫♪)


He brushed her hair with his hand and tucked some strands behind her ear. Then she suddenly woke up and upon realizing that he had come back, she slightly jumped from the couch and hugged him with her arms locked behind hid neck. He smiled and patted her back.

“Hey, you missed me that much?” Chan joked while Sulli nodded still hugging him tightly. He released the hug and faced her. “You had lunch yet?” He asked in which the girl responded with a nod.

“Oppa, I just came to invite you on our Christmas party. We were told to bring a date but MinHo oppa had other plans, so are you free?” Sulli asked with a grin followed by a puppy dog pout.

“I’ll try.” Chan replied while looking at the invitation card.

“Promise?” She put out her pinky and locked it with Chan’s. “Then oppa, I’ll get going.” Sulli waved as she exited his office. Chan then went back behind his desk and continued working on some papers.

 Tokyo 4:45pm...

Taec arrived at the airport in a cab and as he got off the cab, there was one of their Japan secretaries waiting for him. The secretary handed him his passport, plane ticket and luggages before seeing his boss off.

Taec boarded the plane and found his seat, but he was surprised to see who he was seated next to.

“Excuse me, Fei, is that you?” Taec asked the woman who was browsing through the Duty Free catalogue.

“Taec?” she responded as she lifted her head towards the man.

“It is you! Long time no see!” Taec responded as he friendly-hugged her once he took his seat.

“Yeah, it’s been like what, four years?” Fei answered as they released the hug.

“Four years and five months to be exact. It was after GaIn noona’s birth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter