Chapter 39: Even in My Dreams

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

December 19, 2011...

“SoEun-ssi, how about we slower down the tempo a bit more, and let’s stress the melody in the first chorus part by taking out part of the accompaniments.” JunHo said as he fiddled with the computer.

“Okay, but you do know that I’m a lyricist and not a composer right?” SoEun replied as she continued writing something in her notebook.

“I’m just asking for opinions since I’m quite new to this. It hasn’t been long since I finished my masterpiece and started learning more from JunSu hyung. Anyways, how’re you doing there?”

“I’ve finished two sets of lyrics and I’m now writing the third one.”

“Can I see?” He asked and the woman handed him her notebook. She stood beside him as he read the lyrics she had made.

“Wow, SoEun-ssi, these are good. Have you experienced this kind of relationship before? How could you write these that well?”

“You don’t have to experience that kind of love to write sad lyrics. Just watch some weekday dramas and you’ll find yourself writing these sad lyrics. But to be honest, I did. But it wasn’t the type that we couldn’t love each other because of certain circumatsances. It was more of a one sided love. How about you?”

“It’s a mix between the two... It was a one sided love, or a crush, rather... but I had someone else so I wasn’t able to pursue her... Anyways, these lyrics are already good enough, why are you tiring yourself and making more lyrics?”

“So that there would be alternatives. They basically mean the same, I just changed the choice of words.” She explained and saw JunHo nodding. “Concentrate on what you’re doing so that we can finish sooner.”

“Araseo.” He replied as he turned his chair back to face the computer screen. “Aish, why isn’t JunSu hyung here? I have to ask him about this. It’s already past 11am.” He looked at his watch.

“What time were you supposed to meet?”

“9am. He’s not the kind of guy that arrives this late.”

“Maybe he forgot about it. Have you checked his studio?” She asked and the man just shook his head.

“I’ll go check. I’ll be back in a while.” He stood from his seat and headed to the door. After a few minutes, he came back with a frown. “He’s not there.” He said as he walked towards his chair and sat.

“I’m sorry... I’m late...” The door suddenly opened and revealed a slumping JunSu holding tightly on the doorknob.

“Hyung, why are you...” JunHo started as he turned his chair to face the older man but stood from his seat and approached JunSu after realizing that something’s wrong with the older one. “Hyung, are you alright?” He asked before he smelled something different and sniffed his hyung. “Hyung, are you drunk?” He asked and the older man just faced him with a silly grin.

SoEun stood from her seat and helped JunHo lay his hyung on the couch. “Oppa, why were you drinking in broad daylight?”

“Ehehehe, I juz wonnedo... ehehe...” JunSu mumbled.

“What did he say?” SoEun directed to JunHo.

“He just wanted to.” He replied. “Hyung, why are you being like this? You were one of the hyungs that don’t act carelessly like this, what happened to you?”

“YAH! Lee JunHO!! Don’t you dare talk back to me young boy!!!” He pointed his finger at JunHo and scolded him with his eyes still droopy. “I’m your hyu—uuwoohh...” He covered his mouth as he felt his system react to the alcohol.

JunHo acted swiftly and grabbed the trash bin by his desk and passed it to JunSu. However, he was a bit late as some vomit has escaped JunSu’s mouth and out to the couch’s surface. JunSu continued vomiting into the trash bin as SoEun patted his back and JunHo wiped the couch clean. After throwing up, he lied half consciously on the couch as SoEun went out to buy some hangover medicine, leaving JunHo behind with JunSu.

“She’s back.” JunSu suddenly blurted out with his hand on his forehead.

“Who’s back?”

“The woman who left me four years ago... the woman I loved with my all... the woman I still can’t forget... the woman I can’t find myself letting go...”

“You saw her? Did she see you?” JunHo asked but received no reply. “Hyung? Hyung!?” He called but the older seemed to have fell in deep slumber. After about ten minutes, SoEun came back from the nearby drugstore with a small bottle of hangover drink.

“SoEun-ssi, can you keep an eye on him for awhile? I just have to talk to Kwonnie about something.” JunHo asked.

“Go ahead, take your time. I’ll call you when he wakes up.” SoEun showed an assuring smile.

JunHo then left the room and headed to Kwon’s office. He knocked on the door but there was no answer. He opened the door and peeked through it but Kwon was not there. He dialled on his phone and asked Kwonnie where he is. After the call, he headed to the practice room where Jay and Kwon were at, supervising some trainees together. He reached the hallway near the practice room and heard Kwon’s and Jay’s voices instructing trainees about dancing.

“Hyung! Kwon-ah!” JunHo half-yelled as he walked in the room. The two turned their heads facing him. Kwon approached him while Jay continued doing his job.

“What is it that’s so important?” Kwon asked.

“It’s about JunSu hyung... Do you know someone who left him four years ago?” JunHo cautiously asked and Kwon nodded. “Well, he said that he saw her again and I guess he remembered how hurt he was since he’s downstairs sleeping but still drunk.” He continued. Kwon was surprised for seconds but immediately understood JunSu’s actions.

“Okay, let’s take five, everyone!” Jay shouted and approached the two after allowing his trainees to take a rest. “So, what’s up?” Jay asked as he wiped some sweat from his forehead and neck.

“Fei-noona’s back.” Kwon answered and Jay spat out the water he just gulped.

“Say what?!” Jay responded.

“JunSu hyung saw her and he’s drunk now.” Kwon replied.

“When did this happen?” Jay questioned.

“I don’t know. But I noticed that he was different since a week ago.” JunHo said.

“What do you mean?” Kwon asked.

“Well, for the past week I’ve been working on a song so I often come to his studio to ask for opinions but whenever I talk to him, he’s always thinking of something else. He doesn’t hear me nor answers my questions. He would always give irrelevant replied if he did answer, but most of the time, he’s lost. And now, he comes to work drunk.”

“It’s because he’s not over her. Seeing her again just opened up his wounds.” Jay said. “Kwon-ah, go see him and bring him home first. JunHo-ah, help Kwonnie and don’t bother him with work first, okay?” Jay instructed and the two nodded. “Stay with him and when he’s sober, talk some sense into him. I’ll come by later.” He added before the two walked out of the practice room while he continued his work.

When the trainees were already on lunch break, Jay took the opportunity to contact his ‘brothers’. He started a group message on BlackBerry Messenger.

Jay: Emergency! Fei’s back in Seoul and JunSu saw her. He’s now broken into pieces!!

Taec: I know... but she’s not actually in Seoul... she now lives in Jeju...

Woo: What do you mean broken into pieces?!?!

Jay: How could you not tell us that you know?! We could have done something!!

Jay: He’s not the same! It’s like college sophomore year again! Lost in his thoughts and staring into space... but now it’s worse, he’s drunk... he came to work DRUNK! In Broad Daylight!!!

Taec: When I talked to him, he said he was okay and he told us not to tell anyone...

Khun: To think time has healed his wounds...

Woo: Taec, how did you know anyways?!?!

Taec: I was in the same flight with Fei last week and JunSu saw her when he came to fetch me from the airport... But I don’t think he’s hurt because she’s back and he’s not over her...

Khun: What do you mean?

Taec: I don’t know if I’m supposed to say it... it could be something else...

Jay: YOU BETTER SAY IT!!!

Woo: Ppalli malhaebwa!!!

Khun: Say it!

Taec: Araseo, calm down... Fei has a son... and by the looks of the boy, he’s about four years old... so... I don’t know.... I don’t want to assume... I’m sure she’s married, though...

Khun: Oh my freakin’ God!

Jay: YAH!! How could you not tell us that?!?! That’s one important information, dude!!!

Taec: I’m sorry! I’m not gossipy and it’s not really my life to talk about!

Woo: Yah, do you think he’s hyung’s child...?

Khun: Seolma....

Woo: Look, if he’s about four years old, then the boy must be ‘made’ when the two were still dating, right? She left four years ago, it fits the time frame!!!

Jay: You talk like it’s a thing... it should be ‘conceived’, dumbo!!

Woo: =p

Taec: I don’t think so... if he’s JunSu’s son.., why would Fei leave? Wouldn’t you want your son to have his real father with you?

Khun: So you’re saying that Fei cheated and had a son with someone else while dating JunSu?

Taec: No, I’m not!! I’m not even sure if the boy is four.., it could be three years old! But really!! Why are we even gossiping about them like this?!

Jay: It’s not gossiping! It’s caring about your friend!!

Woo: Hey, what else do you know about Fei?! You must have collected more information other than that!

Taec: I actually don’t... we didn’t talk much... It would be insensitive of me to ask ‘how was your life after leaving JunSu like that’ or ‘what was the reason of leaving JunSu behind like that’... And for your information, I only knew that she has a son when we were at the arrival area WITH JUNSU!!! You think I can ask those when he was there?!?!

Khun: Fine, but you must have seen the boy. Does he look anything like JunSu?!

Woo: That’s right, does he look like hyung?

Taec: Dunno...

Jay: Yah, Ok TaecYeon! How could you be dumb like that?!!!!

Taec: Yah! I’m not dumb... I’m just not observant like that!!!

Khun: That’s the same -_-

Taec: Aish, molla! Ask Fany next time if you really want to know! Girls are more observant than boys... =p

Jay: Hey, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter