Chapter 56: This is War

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa! How does this look on me? Is it prettier than the lacey one earlier? I think this has more of a classical look on it with its pearls and beads… it suits a classical girl like me right? I feel like I’m Kate Middleton in this gown…” the woman continued praising herself as she adored her image at the mirror.

Taec shook his head as he was annoyed with everything that’s happened this day, more so to listen to YoonA’s narcissistic rants. He had been in the wedding shop with her for almost three hours, still waiting for the woman to finish picking a dress. She had tried nearly twenty dresses for the past hours, and critiqued every dress hung on the racks.

She would ask him how she looked but there was no need for him to answer as she would reply to her own question, but would always end up flattering herself as a beautiful lady in white. Even if he just sat there, occasionally glancing up at her, he was feeling tired – tired of her voice, tired for the employees and tired of being in the same room as her.

When she did not hear any response from him, that’s the only time that she looked away from her reflection and glanced at Taec through the mirror. She rolled her eyes as she saw him busy as a bee with his phone.

“Oppa, did you just hear what I said?” YoonA angrily stepped down towards Taec as she lifted the heavy skirt of the gown. “Do I look beautiful in this?!” she asked with gritted teeth before she snatched away Taec’s phone.

“You do… REALLY wonderful…” Taec answered with a sarcastic smile. He didn’t even look at her longer than a second when he responded.

“Jinjja? I thought you could not focus on me beauty since you’re busy checking your phone…” she spoke with gritted again. “What are you doing anyway?” YoonA asked filled with annoyance as she pressed the home button on his phone.

“Nothing… just playing the logo quiz…” he responded with a smile, silently thankful for the smart phones having an easy lock button, escaping the possibility of YoonA knowing of his schemes with his family. He was actually conversing with the guys regarding the investigations, while also checking Fany’s SNS accounts.

“Fine, I have chosen the dress… I like this better…” YoonA said as she admired herself again on the mirror. “Now let’s pick yours…” she excitingly told him.

“Ani… I have my personal tailor… I don’t wear suits not made by him…” Taec spoke as a matter of fact.

“But we need to match our clothes for the wedding…” YoonA whined.

“It’s fine… I can just send a picture of your dress to him and he would be glad to make me a suit that would make us look like prince and princess…”

“Arasseo… so when are we going to do the press conference? My parents have been asking about it for days… wanna do it tomorrow?” she asks as she changed out of the gown.

Taec remained silent as he quickly pressed on his phone, urgently asking for his friends’ help. He has been rejecting the press conference idea for almost a month now and YoonA would sense that something is burning if he makes up another excuse now.

“Oppa? We need to do the press conference soon, you know? The wedding’s in three weeks…”

“I know… I would check with my secretary if I have schedules…” he responded as he received many absurd and logical ideas on the KaTalk chatroom.

           Tell her you’d be on a business trip again – Khun

            Say that you’re scared of people… can’t have press conference for an anthropobic person – Woo

            Say that it’s more meaningful if you announce the wedding during the company’s anniversary…

that would buy you two more months then – Chan

            I think we found it… game over to KyuHyun and YoonA – Jay

            Have it next week, it would be the perfect time to spill their dirt - JunSu

“Oppa!” YoonA agitatedly called his attention.

Shut up, I don’t even wanna hear it
Beg until your tears dry up
I will see the end of this, just watch
You messed with the wrong person

“I’m free next Friday…” Taec smiled at her. And YoonA hugged him with joy as soon as she was done in the dressing room. He clenched his jaw wanting to yank her away from him, but could only suppress his disgust and anger.

         Better make sure that it’s the end… I will kill you both if there’s nothing to spill but a one-sided wedding announcement - Taec

As soon as he entered the office building, his secretary JangWoo was at the lobby waiting for him. He told Taec that the rest of the family was here and are waiting for him in the conference room. He entered the conference room and it was immediately guarded by their body guards, JangWoo included.

“Are you three sure that you’d finally found a thing that would end this disgusting wedding with that crazy woman?” Taec asked as he got comfortable in his chair. “Wait, where’s Chan?”

“He’s at his meeting now… would be filling him in after his meeting…”

“Not only one thing… but everything…” Kwon spoke with a proud smile.

“First off, the real Im YoonTaek is really ill… he has been receiving treatments for cancer and there really is a last will and testament… however, he has been slowly recuperating in Australia for the past two years… surprisingly, the family lawyer that made the man’s will was the brother of GaIn noona’s ex boyfriend and he showed us the will after we kind of begged, convinced and bribed him…” JunSu started

“Bribed?” JiEun whispered.

“We kinda owe him a blind date… he’s forty two and still single so he’s also kind of as desperate as we are… we assigned the girls on that duty…” Kwon grinned.

“So, what’s on the will?” Khun pressed.

“Just how his estates and monies would be divided among his wife, his daughter and adopted son… and charity… interesting thing is that there are clauses to be completed in order for them to gain their shares… the part of the wife is a little disgusting, but that’s their private issues on bed… hehe…” Jay snickered.

“However, in order for YoonA to get 13% of the shares and the 7% that is supposed to be given to charity... she has to get married… marrying someone from her father’s list in which your name was on it… he had listed all eligible bachelors who could give him more legacy… so that he could be proud of his daughter even if he’s dead… if she doesn’t get married, or marries someone off the list, then she only gets 13%...” JunSu continued

“For KyuHyun, he gets 10%... and gains another 5% if he is able to increase their company’s stand in the stock market by 5%, another 2% if he helps YoonA get married and another 3% once he is able to bring the company worldwide... if all those three are not done, then those 10% goes back to charity…” Kwon added.

“So YoonA’s on this game not only because she’s head over heels with oppa and that she’s helping KyuHyun, but also because of the wealth she’d get after marrying Taec oppa… that would be killing three birds with one stone for her then…” Suzy noted.

“And KyuHyun got entangled with us for his revenge and because it would be good for his company if it is known that he’s dating a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter