Chapter 27: Last Friday Night

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Annyeong-haseyo readers, sorry for updating late. This chap is a bit longer than the usual (to make up for my late update, and the possibility of not updating next week). Another busy week for me. Anyways, enjoy reading. Thank You:D

August 3, 2011

“Good Morning, Ok sajangnim!” Woo greeted Taec as he boldly walked in the older man’s office. “Or should I start calling you cheo-nam?” he joked.

“Stop it. Act normally. So, what brings you here?” Taec asked.

“What? Can’t I just visit my friend and my future brother in law?” He said with a smile and Taec just had his poker face.  Fine. I promised JiEun to take her out shopping, so I don’t think I’ll be able to finish the reports needed for Wednesday’s meeting.”

“Then finish it by the weekend.” Taec said.

“But I also promised JiEun to accompany her buy a new guitar.”

“WooYoung-ah, you can’t be like this. You should give time for your work, not only personal matters.”

“But I need to keep you sister happy, right?”

“But you need to set schedules.”

“Okay I get it, but just this once, can you help me?”

“Depends. Of course I need to finish mine first.” 

“Oh, pretty please with cherry on top.” He begged as he grinned.

“Fine. But I don’t guarantee that it would be great. I’m not as good as you when it comes to scheming strategies.” He agreed with a joke.

“Thank you, bro!” Woo thanked him with a hug and a kiss as he picked Taec up from his chair. Taec looked at him confusedly and disguested. “By the way, why did you need a new suit? You didn’t go home last night? Wait, you spent the night with Fany? Oh my god, daebak!”

“Hey, stop assuming there! Yes, I needed the suit because I spent the night at Fany’s but I did not do anything you’re thinking right now.” Taec defended as he hit Woo’s head lightly with his planner.

“Just joking, I know that you won’t do that at once.” Woo said. “By the way, what’s the plan for SunYe’s birthday? Would there be a party?”

“A simple party with us and her school mates, I guess. Mom’s not in the country and Uncle JinYoung has a business trip in Busan. So, we can’t have a big party.”

“Whose house? The mansion?”

“No. Who has the biggest apartment among us?”

“Hwang ChanSeong?”

“Bingo. So be there by 6pm? We need to help prepare for the party. And go buy more beer and wine. It’s Friday anyway, we can drink til we drop.”

“Arasseo. I’ll go back to work now. See you later.” Woo said as he stood and headed to the door.

Taec also continued working and when he was almost done, he texted Fany. Fany texted back and he grabbed his coat, headed to the door and told EunJung to call him if anything important happens. In about thirty minutes, he arrived SNU and texted Fany to tell her that he has arrived. While he was waiting in his car, students kept on looking at who’s in the car. He again texted Fany to hurry because he felt awkward with all those people looking at him. A second after he pressed ‘send’, Fany opened the door and stepped in. Taec took the books in Fany’s hands and put them in the backseat. After she closed the door, they welcomed each other with a peck on the lips. She fastened her seatbelt and he shifted the gears as they prepared to go to their next destination.

They arrived at COEX and happily started shopping for their necessities. They bought matching slippers (tiger prints for Taec and leopard prints for Fany), mugs, plates and bowls (blue checkered design for Taec and pink one for Fany), towels and robes (black and blue for Taec, and pink and purple for Fany) and toothbrushes (kiddie tiger design for him and bunny design for her). They were looking at the pyjamas section when someone saw them.

“Oppa? Isn’t that Oppa and Fany Unni?” a girl asked the man she was with. The man just nodded and “Oppa!” she ran to Taec and hugged him.

“Oh, JiEun-ah, what are you...” Taec reacted as he was surprised to see his sister. “Ah, WooYoung.” He continued after he saw Woo approach them.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were busy?” Woo asked teasingly

“I already finished my tasks for today. Unlike you.” Taec replied with a merong.

“Huh? What does oppa mean?” JiEun asked Woo.

“Nothing, your brother’s crazy.” He answered. “So, what are you doing here?” he asked Taec.

“Shopping.”

“I can see that, Taec. What are you buying? If you’re buying SunYe’s gift, we better talk about it. Giving identical things is not actually great.”

“We’re buying stuff for our apartments. We’ll buy SunYe’s gift after we have dinner. By the way, have you had dinner?” Fany answered.

“Not yet. Stuff for your apartments?”    

“Yup. We need them in case the other stays at our place. What are you planning to give SunYe anyways?” Taec asked as they already continued looking for pyjamas.

“I see. But you need to behave oppa." she gave the two a judging look and Taec just shrugged while Fany blushed. "Anyways, unni’s kind of tired a lot these days, so I want to give her a massager. How about you oppa?”

“I’m thinking of getting new charms for her Pandora bracelet, and also a pair of Pandora earrings. Would the two of you give your gifts separately or together?”

“Since the massager is quite expensive for JiEun, we have talked that we give it as one. You?”

“Fany wants to give her something other than jewelry.” Taec replied as they continued shopping and he picked one set of pyjamas from the rack. “What do you think of this one?” he asked Fany who also had her hands on a set of pyjamas.

“Okay, it’s pretty. How about mine? This one or this one?” Fany asked.

“I guess this one is better. You look better in this.” Taec replied. They then continued to the cashier and paid for the things they bought.

“Fany unni, what will you give unni?” JiEun asked as they waited Taec to finish paying.

“An all paid, all day girl pampering.”

“When? Can I come?” JiEun asked.

“Depends on when she would want it, and depends if you will be allowed by your boyfriend.” Fany answered and JiEun looked at Woo with a cute puppy pout and twinkling eyes. Woo then smirked and moved his head in a “fine, go ahead” way.

“Hey, you haven’t asked for my permission.” Taec complained to Fany.

“Because I know you’ll allow me anyways. It’s only a choice between having you with us or having many bodyguards with us.”

“Good thing you know.” Taec reacted and held Fany’s hand while they continued walking around the mall.

The four of them had dinner, with the two guys paying for the meal. Afterwards, they bought their gifts for SunYe and then headed home separately.

“Babe, I might not have that much time until next week. I’ll be helping Woo with his reports, so I’ll be busier than usual. Will that be alright?” Taec asked while they rode the elevator.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter