Chapter 32: Back to the Memories

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 They lit up the candles, and sang a Happy Birthday song. Kwon closed his eyes and made a wish, then he blew out the candles.

While the rest continue wishing Kwon, ChanSeong excused himself and said that he had “business to do in the comfort room”. He then signalled Taec to follow him and texted Khun to meet them by the bar.

“So what is it, maknae?” Taec asked as he and Khun approached Channie at the bar.

“Hyung, remember what I told you guys the other night? During Sun’s birthday?”

 

After they laid the girls in the rooms, they went back to the living room and continued bonding with each other except for JunHo who already passed out. Channie wanted to say something but kept on hesitating on how to start. The others continued sipping their beers and munching on their snacks as JunSu saw the anxious maknae and asked him what’s wrong.

Channie took a deep breath and started. “Hyung.” He was still hesitating and kept on sighing until Jay threw a pillow at him. “Ppali malhaebwa!”

“I’m sorry, hyung.”

“Sorry for?” Woo asked.

“Uhmm, hyung...”

“Quit your uhmms and speak or else I’ll really make you sorry.” Jay showed impatience

“You know that I’m the heir of our company right?” he started and the others nodded. “My father is actually ill right now.”

“Is he alright? He’s one of the health conscious men I know, how can he be ill?” Khun asked.

“Turns out, he has colon cancer and he didn’t tell me until last month. My stepmom called last night and told me that now I have to go back to Japan and take care of him and the company.”

“So you mean, you’re leaving already?” Kwon asked.

“Unfortunately, yes.”

“When are you leaving?” Junsu asked.

“This October.”

“How about college?” Woo asked “You’re about to graduate, you’re not continuing your studies anymore?”

“I guess not. I cannot wait for my dad to be worse.”

“Have you told SoHee?” Taec finally spoke up.

“That’s what’s difficult. I don’t know how to tell her. I don’t want to hurt her. Hyung, what should I do?”

“You would hurt her more if you tell her later. You need to tell her as soon as you can, so that you can give her more time to adapt and to treasure your moments together.” Taec answered.

“I really don’t know what to do hyung. Do you think I better tell the other girls first so that they can help me? Or tell SoHee first?”

“I think you need a lot of help to tell SoHee the truth. You know that you can count on us right?” Khun replied. 

“Komawo, hyung.” Channie teared up and hugged his brothers. They also had tears in their eyes as they continued hugging tightly.

“I can’t believe that our maknae’s leaving.” JunSu expressed.

“Now that you’re leaving us, I can’t tease you anymore.” Kwon added.

“Hey, you better not forget us or else I’ll beat you until you remember us.” Jay joked.

“Hyung, how can I forget my brothers?” He assured. “Hey, we forgot JunHo.” They then went near the couch and hugged their other little brother. Unfortunately, he was still unconscious.

“I guess JunHo’s the new maknae that we can make fun of.” Woo said and they all laughed. They continued their night and all of them felt that they need to treasure Channie’s last month with them. They promised each other that they would make Channie’s last month more memorable.

 

“That you had to leave?” Khun asked and Channie just nodded.

“You’re leaving earlier?” Taec guessed and Channie was shocked.

“How did you know?”

“That’s the only serious problem I can think of after you told us that you were leaving. The worst case scenario. So when are you leaving?” Taec replied then sipped his beer.

“Next week.” Taec spat out the beer from his mouth while Khun choked on his.

“Okay, that I didn’t expect. I didn’t think it would be that fast.” Taec continued

“What happened?” Khun asked.

“My father was sent to the ICU. He doesn’t have much time left.” He answered while the two kept quiet with worried faces. “Dara noona wanted me to go back as soon as possible, but I haven’t had the chance to tell SoHee yet. Everytime I plan to tell her, she just looks so happy that I didn’t want to see her cry. I promised noona that I would be there next week and she agreed. Now, I don’t know how and when to tell SoHee.”

“Tell me what?” SoHee appeared behind them

“SoHee-ah.” Channie widened his eyes and nervousness was in his face.

“I think we should leave you two alone.” Khun patted Channie’s shoulders and stood from the stool. Taec followed but the two stopped their tracks when they heard Channie speak.

“I’m leaving.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m going back to Japan.” He continued and she just stood there dumbfounded. “My father’s sick and he needs me. The company needs me. I’m sorry.”

“When?”

“Next week.”

“That fast? How about graduation?”

“He’s dying. I won’t be able to.”

“Are you coming back?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe. If I get some time off the company, or if I would be having business transa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter