Chapter 59: Thank You, 고마워

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Are you seriously not going to do a proper proposal to Vic?” Woo asked all of a sudden as the boys gathered for a drink.

“I’m actually thinking about it too… but I sometimes realize that there’s no need to since we are already married… as if she could still back out on me…” Khun spoke.

“And I thought you were the most romantic of all of us…” Chan commented.

“Hyung, you should not think about it that way… in my case, I still proposed to GaIn even if she was already pregnant with me… even if she was already tied to me, I still wanted to propose to her because women should have that experience…” Kwon interjected.

“True… and also because women like to talk about their proposal experiences… being proud of each others’ fiances…” Taec added.

“So, that’s why you should redo a proposal… just to formally ask her for marriage… a second but official proposal…” Woo smiled.

“Fine, I’ll think of something…” Khun sighed. “Or do you have any brilliant ideas?” he pouted.

“Do it at a baseball game…” Jay suggested.

“That’s like a proposal one decade ago…” Khun declined.

“Just do it simply at a candlelit dinner…” Taec spoke.

“Too simple for a proper proposal…” the man again refused.

“Propose through a song then…” JunHo said.

“Too cheesy…” he stated. “I want something special…”

“How about through a musical? Like how athlete Gu JaCheol proposed…” Woo suggested. “He hired JiEun’s classmates a month ago and then narrated their love story through the musical, and he proposed in the end…”

“Not bad… but too complicated… and it would not be that sincere if I was not in the play itself, and you all know that I’m not that too talented in that… I would just ruin it…”

“Since you swim well, why not do it underwater? I’ve seen proposals like that on the internet and it’s not simple, not cliché, not too complicated…” Chan spoke as he munched on his chips.

“Underwater? That’s not too bad of an idea… I’ll consider that… thanks Chan-ah…”

“Maybe you can do it at COEX, they have underwater performances there… they might be willing to have you entertain the visitors in their stead…” Kwon suggested.

“Now all you have to think of is how to drag Vic to that aquarium without complaints…” Taec spoke. “And also your props for the event…”

 

Days passed and it was finally Khun’s D-day. He had successfully convinced Vic to go spend some quality time shopping with the girls while he and the boys prepared for the event. He had trusted the girls to bring Vic to the aquarium once they receive the signal from the boys.

“Are you all set?” Khun asked the boys and they returned nods and salutes to the man. “I trust you guys…”

“You ready? Nervous?” Taec asked.

“A little… but I know I can do this…!” Khun encouraged himself and his friends smiled at his positive attitude.

“I’ll text the girls now…” JunHo spoke.

“Now, get ready to be in that aquarium…” Woo stated.

“Nichkhun-ah!” Taec called the man who was about to head in. “Fighting!” he cheered and the others followed.

As soon as JiEun and Suzy received the message from JunHo, they tapped the other girls’ backs to start the plan. “Suzy-ah, don’t you have that project in College Science? The one about aquatic food chain?” GaIn initiated.

“Ne unni… why the sudden mention?” Suzy asked as she followed their well-thought script.

“Why don’t we visit the aquarium since we are already here? Maybe you can research here?” GaIn responded.

“Can we? Wouldn’t it be a hassle for you unnis?”

“Of course, it’s fine… it’s for your studies… and we were the ones who suggested a shopping spree when you were actually busy with homework… we promised you we’d help you right?” Fany spoke.

“Thank you unnis…!” Suzy smiled widely as they started heading towards the aquarium. JiEun on the other hand skillfully texted back in just less than ten seconds that they’d be arriving at the aquarium in about three minutes.

And true to JiEun’s estimation, they were there in three minutes. The boys had received the management’s cooperation and they were allowed to decorate the place for the romantic event. At first, Vic was surprised that the aquarium was dimly lit, unlike the time she first visited the place. In addition, there were red and blue petals scattered on the floor which was very out of the ordinary.

Fortunately, there were not much people in the aquarium and the visitors around the aquarium had also been carefully notified that an important event would be happening, so to not suddenly disrupt their fish looking experiences.

The girls walked into the aquarium and as they adored the different fishes, they reached the specific aquarium that would be the day’s highlight.

“Suzy-ah, there’s nothing in here… what are you staring at?” Vic spoke as Suzy was already staring at the empty aquarium for more than fifteen seconds.

“But I see something in there, unni… don’t you see it? Look here, unni…” she stealthily pulled Vic nearer the glass barrier and had the older woman stare into it.

Vic furrowed her eyebrows as she could not still see the thing Suzy wanted her to see. Suddenly, music could be heard and it surprised Vic. She turned her head to find JiEun suddenly playing her violin with Woo standing behind her with a wide smile. Her eyes widened in surprise and she looked around for the other girls but she could not see them. Woo pointed at the glass aquarium and Vic turned her attention towards it once again.

“From the moment I saw you, from the moment I looked into your eyes…” she read silently as a white cloth banner slowly dropped and waved with the water inside the aquarium.

“There was something about you I knew, I knew… that you were once in a lifetime, a treasure near impossible to find… And I know how lucky I am to have you…” she continued reading as the white banner was replaced with a red one.

“And I want to stay with you forever… until our hair grows white… and make me the best man I could ever be…” A person in a diving suit swam into the glass and showed the first page of the waterproofed sketch book.

“We may have already promised each other our forevers, but I still want to ask you... Will you be my forever best friend, be the mother of my children and be the one I will lay beside until my last breath…?” the person showed the second page of the book, and Vic was already in the verge of tears.

“Will you be my wife, Victoria?” the diver knelt as he showed the last page. Despite the goggles covering the man’s face, Victoria could see that it was NichKhun and that he was also having reddish eyes.

“It would always be a yes…” Victoria nodded as she muttered in tears. Khun quickly straightened his knees and swam away from the glass. Unknowingly, the event gathered a few people and they clapped as Vic blushed from embarrassment.

Holding you in my arms
No one else's fit so perfectly
I could dance forever with you, with you
And at the of midnight 
Please forgive me if I can't let go
Cause I never dreamed I find a Cinderella of my own

Moments later Khun arrived with a towel around him, but still clad in his diving suit. He ran to her and held her hand, kissed it before he slipped in the engagement ring that was long overdue. He held her face endearingly and slowly neared to her lips. After sharing a quick but passionate kiss, he gave her a bouquet of tulips which was handed to him by one of the guys.

She hugged the bouquet in one of her arms and held the towel around his neck and rubbed his hair dry, before she pulled him in for another kiss using the said cloth. The crowd cheered for them as their friends all had grins on their faces while they did their roles. They remained hugging as JiEun continued playing the violin, Suzy started singing, Woo took pictures while Jay took the video. The others remained clung to their partners, happy and envious at the same time.

'cause I've seen rainbows that could take your breath away
The beauty of the setting sun that ends a perfect day
And when it comes to shooting stars, I have seen a few.
But I've never seen anything as beautiful as you     

(♫♪Beautiful As You– Jim Brickman and Wayne Brady♪♫)

The two were back to reality when a grandfather suddenly walked in front of them and both giggled at the scene. The group started cleaning up after the beautiful mess they have made and they huddled together again after finishing.

“Congratulations again, brother!” the boys cheered for him as they exchanged man-hugs.

“Unni, chukhahae!” Suzy smiled at Vic. “You’re officially my sister-in-law!” she giggled.

“And you even tricked me into this…” Vic pinched Suzy’s side and the younger woman pouted.

“But you’re thankful that I did, right?” Suzy winked.

“Geurae, jalhaesseo aghassi…” Vic smiled (yes you did well, my sister-in-law)

“Now, what plans do you have for the afternoon? Do you want to celebrate with a dinner, together all of us?” Khun suggested, wanting to thank everyone for a job well done.

“Ani, just spend the day just the two of you… the proposal’s already made in a public setting, now you have to spend some private time together…” Taec commented. “Besides, I also want to spend some time with my fiancée…” he wiggled his brows, earning a slap on the arm from Fany and some irritated stares from his friends.

“How about you guys?” Khun asked the others. Woo raised his hand which was intertwined with JiEun’s, indicating that he also has a date with the woman.

“SoEun wants to watch a movie, still gotta pick her up… mian hyung…” JunHo spoke.

“Gotta go back to the office…” Jay responded.

“SeulOng oppa texted, he wants to see me…”

“Gotta go shop for baby clothes since we have already came here…” GaIn replied

“I’ll take Sul for a tour around the city…”

“Got musical practice…” Sun said.

“Meeting with eomma and appa…” Suzy spoke.

“Let’s just celebrate some other day…” WooYoung suggested as Khun seemed to really want a get together. “And let’s call JunSu hyung and Fei noona…”

Khun nodded and they all left one by one, leaving the man still clad in his diving suit. He then went to change and as she was left alone in the aquarium, she could not help but smile at the happenings minutes ago. She could still see her husband swimming inside the waters as she stared at the glass barrier which was now filled with a lot of small fishes. She breathed out a happy sigh when she felt his arms around her waist and smelled his scent.

As WooYoung and JiEun walked around the mall hand in hand, Woo could not help but think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter