The Past, Tragic Love Story

Mr. Handsome Arrogant and Ms. Wild Beautiful

 

Jasmine walked in towards the grassy grave.. Jinwoon and Gina was a few meters away behind her, they watched her in pity and sadness..

"Appa.. I'm here.." she squat infront of the grave and brushed some dry leaves away above it..

"Mianhae.. Did you wait long to see me??" she sniffed and bit her bottom lip to stop the tears threatening to fall from her eyes..

 

* FLASHBACK *

"I've been waiting for the right time to tell you about him but I guess the time has come.." Myung Soo stared at her for a moment then looked away..

"What do you mean?? Do you know where my father is??" Jasmine confusedly stared at him..

"About that.." he heaved a deep sigh.. "Ahmm.. It was 19 years ago since I last saw him.."

Jasmine's jaw slightly dropped.. She looked down in disappointment and sadness.. Gina held her hand..

"We were bestfriends since high school.." Jasmine looked at him as he started to speak again..

"Joon Min was a playboy, cold and arrogant back then.. But he's kind and a cool guy.. He loves photography so much.." he continued..

"Joon..Min??" she frowned..

"Joon Min.. That was the name of your father.. Park Joon Min.."

"My mom didn't told me his name.. Joon Min.. Park Joon Min.." she mumbled and smiled memorizing the every syllables of his name in her mind and heart..

Jinwoon knitted his brows in confusion when he heard the name.. 'Strange.. I feel like I already heard that name before..' he thought but shrugged it aside..

"Then one day, we decided to ditched our class and went on a park.." he chuckled at the memories as he continued again.. "He saw a lady under the tree smilingly looking at the kids playing around.. He didn't hesitate to take a picture of her.. That lady was Jane, your mother.."

"You know my mother too??" she asked..

"Yeah.. We were close that time.." he nodded.. "Back to the story.. We saw her again in his father's company where she worked as a model so he approached her.. He started to flirt her but she seemed like she's trying hard to understand what's he's saying and she just gave him a nod as a respond.. Your father got annoyed because he thought she's playing a joke with him.. Jane got annoyed too because of your father's tone so she opened to speak and your father got speechless.. She was cursing him in a foreign language.. We were shocked because we didn't thought that your mother is a foreigner.." he chucked again..

"My mom didn't told me about that.. She only talked about my father when I asked her.. She didn't told me their story but she told me that my father was sort of annoying sometimes but he's a warm and kind hearted man.." she smiled..

"You cant blamed your mother though.. They didn't ended up good like what people thought back then..I think its painful to her remembering him..Your mother was just afraid that they might get you away from her so she hid your father's identity to you.." he heaved a deep sigh..

"What do you mean??" she asked..

Gina and Jinwoon curiously looked at each other then back to them.. Sam D was shocked because he didn't thought that his boss have this kind of connection with her parents.. That's why he's acting strange and kind because of this lady infront of them..

"Your father fell inlove in your mother.. He didn't want to admit it at first but I knew it because there were times when he got pissed everytime she was close to other guys and I was also included to those guys.. I was really shocked that time because he suddenly stopped going to the clubs and started to work at his father's company as a photographer and head of magazine's designs instead.. Jane was also started to learned how to speak korean fluently after months of learning.. There were times when she got really annoyed whenever he was around making her do things that were not her job, like getting him a bottle of water, arranging the files on his desk and many things.. But being a stubborn and tough lady like Jane, she didn't let him do the things he told her.. With just a glare and a few words, he was caught off guard and did the things by himself.. Even I was scared at her glares too.. Its was really funny seeing my bestfriend that once a playboy and cold man, acting like that infront of a woman for the first time.." he laughed at the memories and Jasmine smiled..

"Then one day, Joon Min got into an accident because he saved your mother from the falling light in a photoshoot.. He got wounds and scratches in his head and arms and was admitted to the hospital for days.. Jane was the one who took care of him while he stayed in the hospital and that made them close to each other.. Joon Min decided to ask her to go out with him after he released from the hospital and she didn't refused.. So they started going out, even thought they always fought with just small and silly things, they really love each other.. Then one day, Joon Min decided to introduce Jane to his father but it didn't turned out good.. His father already arranged a marriage for him to the daughter of his friend and the owner of one of their long time associate company.. The family of the lady were in their house that time to announced their engagement and it was a wrong time when Joon Min bought Jane there.. Both didn't know about the engagement and your father got into an argument with his father because he didn't want to marry the woman he didn't love.."

Jasmine felt sad hearing the story about her parents..

"His father fired Jane in their company and forbid her to see his son.. He was strict because Joon Min was his only son and heir of their company.. Your father got furious when he heard the news because your mother suddenly disappeared in the company and went to a far place.. He asked me to help him see her because his father took his car and credit cards until he agrees to the marriage but he didn't gave up..I found her in a orphanage in Jeollado where she volunteered to work.. We hurriedly went to that place and Joon Min asked her to marry him.. Things happened so fast that time.. She hesitated at his proposal but he told her that everything will be fine and she trusted him.. It was just a simple wedding held in a chapel in Jeollado and it was a secret to his father.. They lived together for two years but his father found out where they hiding and he told his men to get Joon Min.. You were already one year old at that time and your mother hides you from his father to protect you.. Joon Min decided to go to the other country far from Korea with Jane and you.." he paused and heaved a deep sigh..

"We were on the way to their meeting place in the pier.. It was raining and the road was dark, only the lights coming from the car that were riding helped us to see the way.." his eyes started to watered as he continued his story..

"But the road was sloppy and the driver suddenly got out of control of the car.. It happens very fast and a truck appeared in front of us.. The driver got panicked and tried to avoid the truck but ended us falling on the steep road.." he looked down and wiped his tears..

Jasmine and Gina got teary too.. Jinwoon caressed Jasmine's back and Gina was holding her hands..

"Hyung-nim.." Sam D sniffed..

"I felt your father hugged me as our car crashed on the ground.."

 

* MYUNG SOO'S FLASHBACK *

Myung Soo opened his eyes and saw Joon Min full of blood.. He only got wounds and scratches on his body, he was the only one who's not in the critical condition..He helped him got out of the car and immediately called an ambulance..

After minutes, the ambulance arrived and they took the three of them to the nearest hospital.. Joon Min immediately placed inside the emergency room for a surgery..

His father and a two men arrived at the hospital while Joon Min was still inside the E.R.. He punched Myung Soo and the last fell on the ground lifelessly.. The nurses hurriedly stopped them from creating commotion because they were in the hospital.. The doctor got out of the E.R after hours of surgery..

His father immediately approached the doctor..

"How's my son, Doctor??"

"The surgery was successful but he lost a lot of blood and damage his head badly.. He also got injuries at some parts of his body.. He's conscious now.." he patted the old man's shoulder..

"Can I see him??"

"I'm sorry but is there someone here named Myung Soo??" the doctor asked..

The old man turned to Myung Soo who's sitting lifelessly on the floor and staring blankly at the wall..

"Excuse me.. Are you Myung Soo??" he doctor walked towards him..

Myung Soo looked at him and shakingly stood up and bowed..

"The patient requested to see you now.. You can see him for a short moment.." the doctor patted his shoulder and left..

Myung Soo looked at Joon Min's father and the last nodded then looked away.. He shakingly walked inside the room revealing his bestfriend with monitors and wires around his body..

"Myung..Soo-ah.." Joon Min weakly raised his hand with a weak voice..

"Dont talk.. Just rest.." he held his hand with his both hands kneeling on the floor beside his bed while sobbing and tears falling from his eyes..

"J-Ja..ne.. J-Jas..mine.. P-please.. f-find t..them..I.. W-want to..to s-see them.." Joon Min pleaded in a weak voice..

"Araseo.. I promise I will find them for you.." he sniffed..

"G-go..now.. P-please.."

"B-b-but.."

"P-please.." he pleaded again..

Myung Soo nodded and hesitantly let go of his hand.. He stood up and wiped his tears..

"Yah!! You better be awake when I come back with your women!!" he threatened.. Joon Min gave him a weak smile.. Myung Soo hurriedly exited the room and ran, ignoring Joon Min's father presence..

It was already dawn when he headed outside of the hospital.. He immediately called a taxi and went to the pier.. He ran around the place frustratedly looking for a woman with a baby, he searched at the boats and near the ships but didn't saw any shadows of them.. He asked the people working around but they he didn't got the answer he wanted to hear..

"Jane.. Jasmine-ah.. Where are you??" he asked between his heavy breathes..

The sun was already up and he was losing his hope of finding them.. His phone ring in his pocket.. He answered it and his eyes widened, tears dropped from his eyes when he heard the news.. The call ended, his arms dropped on his side and collapsed on the ground crying..

After three more days of staying in Jeollado, waiting and hoping for Jane to appear, he decided to paused for a while.. He went back to Seoul looking gloomy and went to Joon Min's funeral but he didn't got a courage to get near him.. He was just looking from afar.. When all the people left the place.. He walked towards his bestfriend's grave..

"Yah.. I told you to stay awake when I come back with them.." he chuckled but tears started to form in his eyes..

"Dont worry..I will keep my promise..I will find them.." he said to his bestfriend and left..

* END OF MYUNG SOO'S FLASHBACK *

 

"After years of searching for you and Jane..I didn't got any news or informations about your mother's whereabouts.. I was about to give up my hopes.. But then I met you.." he looked at Jasmine who's now filled with tears..

* END OF FLASHBACKS *

 

"Appa.. Did you met my mom there?? She's still beautiful, right??" she smiled and tears fell from her eyes.. She immediately wiped it away and smiled again..

"Dont always fight because of silly things.. Okay??"

She didn't noticed the time she spent in the cemetery.. She was sitting in the side of his father's grave looking at the sunset..

"Jas.. I think we have to go now.. Its getting dark and you haven't eaten anything.." Gina said in concern..

"Mianhae.. I'm sorry for making you wait long.." she stood up and gave them a reassuring smile..

"What do you want to eat?? I'll buy anything you want!!" Jinwoon exclaimed..

"Oppa.. Dont regret it!!" Gina threatened and he blushed..

"Gomawo!!" Jasmine beamed and hugged her two bestfriends..

"Yah yah..I cant breathe!!" Jinwoon complaint..

The two girls just laughed and they headed to their car..

.

.

.

.

.

Jasmine opened her phone and was shocked because it was full of missed calls and messages.. 92 missed calls and 72 messages from Jaejoong and 5 missed calls from his mother in two hours.. She forgot about Jae.. She remembered the things she heard in the cake shop.. She knew she cant just go back to his house..

"Gin-ah.. Can I stay in your house tonight??" she asked as they exited the restaurant..

"Jeongmal?? That would be fun!!" Gina exclaimed excitedly..

Jasmine sent a message to his mother then her phone ring, she excused herself to answer the call..

"Yeob--"

"YAH!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?? I TOLD YOU TO STAY HERE!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN ANSWERING YOUR DAMN PHONE!!" Jaejoong immediately cut her off as he frustratedly yelled on the phone..

"Dont yell!! Your making me deaf.." she laughed.. She was happy that he was worried about her..

"Because you're so stubborn and not listening to me!!" he said irritatedly..

"It just.. Something very important came up and I really need to go.. Forgive me??"

"Aish!! I'll deal with you later.. Where are you?? I'll fetch you.." his voice suddenly became gentle..

"You..you dont need to.. I'll be staying at my friend's house tonight.." she excused.. She was afraid that someone might saw them together..

"MWO??!! YAH!! YOU CANT!! Tell me where you are or else I WILL FIND WHERE YOU ARE AND GET YOU!!" he threatened..

"Araseo!! I'll come home later!!" she narrowed her eyes and sighed in defeat.. She knows he will ready do that..

"But its already night--"

"Annyeong Mr. Monkey!!" she hung up and stuck her tongue out on the phone.. She stared at her phone as she felt a pang inside her chest..

"Mianhae.."