009

A Royal Pain In The

 

“It was a disaster, a complete, total disaster.” Heeji recounted as she lay flat on the bed, which was not hers.

Jaehyun looked at her, peeved.

“Noona, it’s a Saturday morning, why did you wake me up so early?” He complained while sitting dejectedly on the couch.

“I can’t really go out; the in-laws have assigned bodyguards to me. I can’t even visit Jaerin.” She sighed and sat up.

“Taeyong hyung?”

“I don’t know. I don’t want to bother him, he probably has a lot on his plate now.”

“Then, noona, let’s go out for lunch then.” Jaehyun nudged her ankle with his toe, she grinned.

“Shall we give my new guards a test? More like, find the royal fiancé in an hour?” She said excitedly, Jaehyun just shook his head.

“I’m going to shower, are you driving?” He asked.

“Obviously. Now, hurry up!”

“Noona, please~”

“Can we borrow one of Yunho oppa’s cars?” Heeji beamed.

“He would never say no to you.”

 

 

Taeyong jumped down from the car and stared at the huge Batman logo emblazoned on its body.

“Seja jeoha,”

He glanced behind him and found his father’s secretary and a couple of guards walking to him, he saw the older male pause when he saw the vehicle.

“The royal fiancé lent me her car, make sure it gets taken care of.” He nodded while sidestepping the male.

“Jeoha, his highness requests that you~”

Taeyng halted and faced the male.

“What else do we have to talk to about? Did he finally decide to let me take part in planning my life?” He replied, the guards looked away.

“Seja!”

The secretary pulled back just as the king joined them.

“I already looked past your disappearing last night, but this~”

“I’m sorry, I forgot I have pressing matter to attend to.” Taeyong quipped and gave him a bow.

“Wangseja!” The elder snapped at him, Taeyong paused.

“I agreed to meet Heeji today. I’m sure you won’t stop me from doing so.”

 

 

“So, you feel better now?” The younger Jung asked as Heeji chowed down her burger.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Noona, when you shop like that,” Jaehyun eyed the bags before them briefly.

“It means that something is wrong.”

She set her burger down.

“The wedding’s next week, I am to move in to the palace this Monday.” She murmured, Jaehyun blinked.

“That fast?” Jaehyun’s eyes widened.

“Turns out that the elders have been planning the wedding for two months now.”

“What? They’ve been~”

The restaurant suddenly turned quiet, a white plastic bag landed on their table, Jaehyun looked up.

“Hyung..Seja!” He stood up, Heeji looked up briefly.

“Can I join you?”

“I’m guessing the prince is done with all the angry huffs and puffs.” She said conversationally as Taeyong sat down.

“What’s that?” Jaehyun spoke as Heeji took out the contents of the bag; it was a pint of salted caramel flavored ice cream.

Heeji grinned at the prince.

“You asked the crown prince to buy you ice cream? Wow.” Jaehyun said dryly.

“I owe her one. How did you end up babysitting the dragon?” Taeyong asked with a grin, Heeji glared at him.

“She wanted to escape her guards, but we failed.”

“You? Where have you been?” Heeji asked him, she blinked as she noticed a dry leaf on the sleeve of his coat, she reached out to flick it off.

“You were in the palace?” She continued.

“I was. Then I had to leave again.” Taeyong picked up a fry off her plate.

“I’m guessing you~” Heeji paused when she saw Jaehyun staring at something behind her.

“Are you going to finish that?” Taeyong asked, before she could reply, he took the burger from her plate.

“Jaehyun, what are you~” She turned behind her.

“It’s good to see you again, Jaehyun-ah.” The male greeted, Heeji’s eyes widened and she turned back.

Taeyong glanced at her briefly, and then he looked at the male standing behind Heeji.

“Heeji,~”

Heeji suddenly stood up. Jaehyun’s forehead creased as his older cousin picked up her purse.

“Taeyong, let’s go~”

“But I’m still eating,” Taeyong murmured, Heeji exhaled and just took his hand.

“We have to go.” She said again, Taeyong met her gaze briefly, then he saw it again. It was the same look she had when they argued last night.

“Heeji, please, we need to talk.” The male reached for her arm, but she shook him off.

“Taeyong,” Heeji spoke again, her lower lip was quivering.

“Noona,” Jaehyun spoke, Taeyong stood up and wrapped her arm around his.

“We’ll get going, Jaehyun-ah. See you at school.” Taeyong said with a small smile before pulling Heeji with him and placing his palm on the small of her back, most of the diners in the area were already taking photos of the couple as they passed by. Heeji glanced at the male briefly; he was looking back at her.

She looked away and let Taeyong guide her out of the restaurant.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++