046

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji walked out of the cafeteria, she pushed the doors open, and she was biting on her lip as she approached the neighboring building.

“Heeji,”

She paused, Chanyeol was facing her. She let out a breath and faced him.

“Hey, I saw the news,”

“Oppa…I did not do it. I don’t know how those photos got leaked; it’s not my fault. I didn’t~” She stuttered, Chanyeol sighed and just wrapped his arms around her.

“I know, we know, baby girl. You wouldn’t do go that low.” He murmured, Heeji closed her eyes and let fresh tears roll from her eyes.

“What are you going to do?”

“I…can’t stand him.”

“But, Jiji, this is Taeyong, he~”

“I don’t want to be princess anymore!” She pulled away from him, Chanyeol was stunned.

“Very good, perfect acting, sister.”

 

 

Taeyong halted when he saw Jaehyun approaching their table. Ten nodded at the younger male.

“Noona didn’t want this to be released, but,” The youngest Jung stated as he set down the laptop before the crown prince.

“Watch this, hyung.”

“Jaehyun-ah, I~”

“And I shall enjoy watching you trying to win her back. Because you messed up, big time.” Jaehyun said flatly before turning away from him.

Taeyong looked at the screen, it was CCTV footage. He recognized Ahyoung, she was supporting a half unconscious Jaehyun as they stepped out of the elevator.

“Look at the date.” Ten spoke, Taeyong’s brows furrowed.

“This is at the hotel.” Taeyong paused, he watched as Ahyoung pulled Jaehyun inside a suite and shut the doors behind them. The video started to fast-forward, ten minutes later, Heeji was seen rushing out of the elevator with Kai and Chanyeol behind her.

It took minutes before he saw Jaehyun being carried out of the room by the two older males.

“Ten, I..I~”

“I want to feel bad for you, because you were clueless. But somehow, you really did take Ahyoung’s side, Heeji tried so hard to hide it from you because she knew it would hurt you. But, what did you to do?”

Taeyong felt tears line his eyes.

“You turned your back on her.”

 

 

Chanyeol saw Ahyoung approaching them.

“Ahyoung, now’s not the~”

“Thank you, orphan .” Heeji said sweetly, Ahyoung snorted.

“You’re still acting high and mighty but, people pity you, because the prince chose me.”

“Yeah, you, the mistress.” Heeji nodded, Ahyoung’s jaw twitched.

“You shouldn’t have come home, Jung Heeji. You should have stayed an outsider.” Ahyoung stated, Heeji could feel the stares at them.

“Wait, Heeji, the outsider?” Yuta walked to them, Kai and Johnny were walking behind him.

“The last time we checked the family tree, you weren’t even there. Ahyoung, right? There’s no Ahyoung there.” Yuta blinked innocently, Ahyoung’s eyes widened when she saw Jaebum approach the group.

“Look at you, you always needed backup. How weak.” She taunted, Heeji chewed on her lip.

“At least I never tried to anyone.”

“How dare you~”

“Oops, no touching the princess.” Kai stepped in between them.

Heeji smirked at Ahyoung.

“Have fun in jail.”

“What are you saying~”

Just then the black screen on the campus’s main building lit up. A video started to play. Ahyoung recognized herself, she was sitting on the bar alone, and then she started to take out a packet from her purse and pour something on the drink before her.

“Stop that! Stop that!” Ahyoung tried to grab Heeji. The other girl just smiled at her.

“Sorry, sister. I don’t have the remote control with me.”

“Heol, isn’t that her? The prince’s mistress?”

“Right, that Jung Ahyoung! It’s true then, she’s drugged men before to take advantage of them.”

“How disgusting!”

Students started to stop what they were doing and just looked at the screen. Another clip played, Ahyoung was seen taking out a syringe from her purse and she slid it inside her pocket.

“What is that? Is she addicted to it?”

“Rumors say she almost got one of the Jung cousins killed too. How money hungry.”

“The Jungs have been feeding a snake.”

Jaebum nudged the princess, Heeji smiled and just squeezed his hand.

“Wow, 5K display.” Chanyeol hooted.

“You will pay for this, Jung Heeji.”

“Don’t worry, I have a trust fund, I can afford it.” She winked at her before turning away.

 

 

“She’s wreaking havoc.” Jaerin said as she leaned back against the wall and looked at screen.

“I wonder how the prince will fix this.” Jaehyun said, then he saw two familiar SUVs arrived at the school’s parking lot.

“Your people are here.” Jaerin mused as men of LG’s security team dispersed from the vehicles.

“News may have reached the elders then.” Jaehyun smiled, then they saw Taeyong stepping out from the building, he was making way towards Heeji, but the princess was hopping towards her GTR.

“Katsu does come in handy, huh?” Jaerin grinned.

 

 

Heeji looked at her phone, her father was calling her. She shrugged and tossed it to the trash bin. She swirled her car keys around her finger as she walked towards Katsu.

“Heeji!”

She stopped in front of her car and opened the door.

“Ya!” Taeyong was panting as he reached her, he pushed the door back and blocked her way.

Heeji exhaled and faced him.

“You’re blocking me.”

“Heeji, I’m sorry. I…I didn’t know this~”

“Of course, you didn’t. I tried telling you, but you wouldn’t listen. Go bother the other Jung girl, okay?” She said coldly.

Taeyong flinched at her words.

“Heeji, I~”

“Sure, you’re sorry. Me too. But I’m done, Taeyong. We’re not in the palace, we don’t have to act here.”

“Act? Jiji, I~”

“I don’t want to hear it. Just let go.” Heeji looked at his hand on her wrist.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyong whispered.

“I can’t stand being near you.” She stated flatly Taeyong’s forehead creased.

“So, let go.”

Taeyong dropped his hand, Heeji slid inside her car and sped away from him.

“Taeyong-ah,”

He looked up, Ahyoung was standing before him, she looked afraid as two police cars pulled over behind her.

He just stared back at her.

“Taeyong-ah, help~”

The policemen went down and showed her a warrant, and then she put her in handcuffs and dragged her to the car.

“Taeyong-ah!” She called for him, but Taeyong just shook his head.

“Seja,” His guards surrounded him.

“You are called back to the palace.”

 

 

Taeyong’s eyes went to the orange vehicle speeding away from campus grounds.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++