039

A Royal Pain In The

 

“Oppa,” Heeji said as she pushed the doors open, Yunho’s secretary bowed politely behind the girl.

Yunho looked up from his desk, his younger cousin was wearing an oversized Gucci hoodie and a pair of green Vans high-tops.

“Are you here to yell at me?” Yunho flinched.

“No. I am too tired to. Thanks for helping them lie to me.” She said dismally as she sat down, Yunho gave her a sheepish smile.

“You know I can’t control them.” He stated as he sat across her.

“I know, but I have a favor to ask.” She said, Yunho nodded for to speak.

“I’ve been working with Yang ahjussi.”

“Heeji,” Yunho sighed.

“It’s nothing serious, I just need…your clearance.”

“What are you working on?”

Heeji took out her phone and handed it to her older cousin, Yunho swiped through the screen, his eyes widened.

“I didn’t think it would be this..serious, but…she wants to attack..not just me, but Taeyong.”

“Ya, if we~”

“She’s willing to destroy to Taeyong just to get back on me, oppa. I can’t let that happen, the royal family is at risk here too.”

Yunho looked at her, his brows knitted together.

“I need your help, oppa. I don’t think I can handle this with both sides attacking on me.”

“Both sides?” Yunho echoed.

“If…I reveal it all against Ahyoung, my parents would be furious again.”

“Does..Taeyong know the truth?”

“He..doesn’t have to..right now. I just need this taken care of.” She said.

“Heeji, but still he has t~”

“Not now, oppa. I have to fix this first. Can you help me?” She asked him. Yunho nodded.

“She and that reporter already took the bait, so,”

Heeji took out a small flash drive and an opaque Ziploc bag.

“Let’s reveal the truth about her.”

“What about Jaehyun?” Yunho asked worriedly.

“Do you think Jaehyun’s the only heir she tried to seduce?” She shook her head.

“Then…who?”

“A few weeks after that..incident, why do you think the Ims set a meeting with haraboji and my parents? And, Jaebum stopped being my friend.”

Yunho’s eyes widened.

“You mean…”

“Yes. I lost a good friend because of her greed. Because she so badly wanted to remain in our circle.”

 

 

Taeyong took his seat; he glanced at the windows and saw his two guards roaming around the campus grounds.

His forehead creased, his phone was ringing. Heeji was calling him.

“My mother was still pregnant with me when a small child was left at our doorstep, later they found out that she was already a year old.”

“So, they took her in. And then I was born, we grew up together, my parents explained to me who she really is. Everyone accepted her, Yunho oppa and Jaehyunie too. But halbae has always been..different. He didn’t want to see her, so, when we attended parties, or events, we never took her with us. That’s why you never heard about her or even saw her.”

“Grandpa Jung didn’t like her?”

“Then a few years before he died, he found out that appa has plans to include her in the family registry, halbae got so angry. He made his will early, my adoptive sister will ever get anything from LG and that she is to be kicked out from the household when she finishes school.”

“Has she finished school?”

“Not yet.”

“I’m guessing you two aren’t on good terms?”

“Yeah.”

Taeyong placed his phone in his backpack and leaned back against his seat. It all started to make sense, Heeji’s reaction towards Ahyoung.

She told him that she didn’t like Ahyoung and that she didn’t want to get to know the girl. She doesn’t even want to be around the girl.

“Heeji…perhaps, are you just like your grandfather?” He murmured.

 

 

Kai watched as the younger girl sparred, she was in complete kendo gear, her helmet, the men and its metal grille hid the expressions on her face but from the way her blows went, it was clear.

She was agitated.

“S—sunbae, hold!” Her sparring partner said in a panicky tone, Heeji just yelled once and hardened her blows.

Kai walked to them, Heeji started to advance towards the younger male.

“Stop it, Heeji.”

Her two guards looked on worriedly, they couldn’t rush to her because she gave them an order not to even be within arm’s reach.

“Jung Heeji!” Kai yanked the bokuto away from her and tossed it across the floor, Heeji halted and took off her helmet.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kai sighed as he watched the other male scramble off, Heeji was panting and shook her head.

“I needed to clear my head.”

“Andi s your head cleared after almost giving him a concussion?” He replied, she looked away.

“What is it?”

“I…didn’t know…I don’t know what’s happening.”

“What do you mean?” Kai asked, she plopped down and huffed.

“I didn’t know it was going to be hard…being crown princess.”

“Well, understatement of the year, but I thought you were doing a great job, the king complimented you.”

“Because I kissed someone else’s boyfriend.” She stated, Kai’s brows furrowed.

“But you had to that, bigung. If not, then~”

“I…feel so dirty, but I knew…I had to do it, but oppa…it’s all so..complicated.”

“Heeji, you did that to save face, if you didn’t, who knows what kind of rumors will spread again.”

She shook her head.

“Oppa, I hate mistakes.” She stated, Kai looked at her, confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“I…I’m confused, I might make a mistake. I’m scared.” She almost whispered.

 

 

Taeyong stepped out of the building; Ten and Johnny were walking ahead of him, debating where to eat.

“Hey, jeonha, what do you feel like~”

A black Rolls Royce rolled in, it pulled to a halt and Heeji slid down from the vehicle.

“I thought she still wasn’t feeling well.” Ten commented, Taeyong paused.

Heeji looked around, her eyes went to him. She smiled before hopping towards the steps.

“Ya, wanna grab lunch together?” She asked as she reached them.

“How about pizza? Ten’s treating.” Johnny announced, she chuckled and looked at Taeyong.

“I’ll catch a ride then.” She spoke to him, Taeyong’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

 

 

“Why? You can’t drive on your own?” He replied before walking past them and getting inside his car.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>