025

A Royal Pain In The

Jaerin looked up from her drink just as the familiar yellow Aventador pulled over beside Johnny’s Range Rover.

“I still think you guys shouldn’t do this.” Ten shook his head at the two.

“Seo Youngho!” Heeji chirped as she entered the glass pavilion. It was one of Samsung’s privately owned establishments usually used for high-end events.

“Batman bigung!” Johnny walked to the couple, both were dressed in dark jeans, but Taeyong was wearing a beige oversized sweater and white sneakers, in contrast to Yeji’s black boxy cropped top and black Gucci sneakers.

“It’s like looking at day and night.” Jaerin mused as she removed Heeji’s black baseball cap off her head.

“Who are these people?” Taeyong asked as they walked towards the table, Heeji looked around, there was a bar set up in the middle of pavilion, a DJ was just setting up and the buffet tables were laden with food.

“Close friends, batch mates and..relatives.” Johnny pointed towards Jaehyun who was chatting with some of his classmates.

“How was it earlier?” Jaerin nudged her friend as they approached the buffet table to some food.

“I..honestly don’t know, I mean, I didn’t feel anything, but somehow...I feel like..” She trailed off as she looked at the tray of fruit pastries.

“Yes, I got married. I got married to save my family’s business, I became a cliché. But...I don’t feel anything just this weird…hollowness.” She murmured, Jaerin bit her lip.

“And the only thing that makes me feel better now is,” Heeji looked at her.

“At least I married a decent person.” She shrugged as she glanced at Taeyong, who was nodding along to Ten’s words.

 

 

Jaehyun laughed as his two friends tried to chug down their beers quickly, then he felt someone standing behind him.

“Noona!” He beamed at her, then he froze when he saw the tears on her cheeks.

“Noona, what~”

“You knew, huh?” She almost choked, Jaehyun grew confused.

“What do you mean?”

She shoved his phone to his chest, Jaehyun caught hold of the device and looked at the screen.

“Noona, I~”

“How could you not tell me? I trusted you.” Heeji said, she brushed her tears away from cheeks.

“I tried to war~”

“Keys.” She spoke and stretched her hand towards him.

“Noona, calm down first, it’s~”

“Calm down?” She snapped at him, her eyes were cold as she met his gaze evenly.

“Give me you car key. I can’t stand being here.” She spat, Jaehyun took out the key to his R8 and placed it on her hand.

“Noona, I’m sorry~”

Heeji spun away from him and disappeared to the crownd, Jaehyun sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

 

Taeyong watched as the crowd jumped with the beats of the music, his eyes landed on Heeji who was making her way towards the doors.

“She must be expecting a call.” Ten murmured beside him, they were ensconced in a booth in the corner of the pavilion.

“Johnny and I debated whether to invite her...Ahyoung noona.” Ten started, Taeyong’s brows rose.

“She’s coming in a few.”

“That’s good to hear. Thanks.”

Ten exhaled and puffed his cheeks.

“I...Have you discussed things with her? I mean, right now, since you two are married, things will change.”

“Change? I don’t think so. You’ve met Heeji, right?” Taeyong chuckled.

“I didn’t mean Heeji.”

Taeyong set his beer down and looked around, he saw Ahyoung’s car arrive outside.

“I don’t think it will be difficult, they kind of get along. Heeji and Ahyoung.” Taeyong stated.

“Kind of.” Ten repeated before picking up his drink.

“Ahyoung’s here.” Taeyong smiled as he stood up, then he paused as he noticed Heeji rushing back in the party.

He watched as she ran to Jaehyun, the younger male looked at her in surprise. But she muttered something; Jaehyun looked like he tried to stop her but Heeji just stretched one palm to him.

Taeyong saw the younger male sigh and just dropped his car keys on her hand.

“Heeji,” Ten blinked as they saw Heeji rush out of the pavilion, seconds later, Jaehyun’s Audi R8 was seen speeding away from the establishment.

 

 

“Hey guys,” Ahyoung chirped as she joined the group, Johnny just nodded back.

“Traffic was intense, the security too. It was a little difficult to get in here too.” She chuckled.

“They even had trouble with finding my name on the list.” She said as she picked up a mini sandwich.

“Really? I wonder whose fault is that.” Ten nodded while casting a sidelong glanced towards Johnny, the Samsung heir just gave him a nonchalant shrug.

“But, you’re quiet.” She turned to Taeyong who was still looking at his phone.

“It’s just..”

“How are you feeling? I watched the live broadcast.” Ahyoung said with a small smile.

“I’m fine, but..” Taeyong’s phone vibrated.

Ahyoung looked at him curiously; Taeyong read the message and shook his head.

“Did something happen?” Johnny asked, Ten leaned back on his seat.

“Heeji.” The young Thai heir stated, Ahyoung looked at him.

“She took Jaehyun’s car and disappeared. And I can’t reach her.” Taeyong said quietly, Ahyoung’s forehead creased.

“I’m sure she’s just around somewhere.” Ahyoung said and placed her hand over his.

 

 

“Aniya, I just need to check on her first. I’ll be back.” Taeyong stood up and stepped away from the group.

Ahyoung exhaled, her fists curled on her lap before picking up a drink.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++