047

A Royal Pain In The

Heeji leaned against the hood of her car and crossed her arms. She looked at her phone, her parents were trying to reach her.

She exhaled and closed her eyes, she could feel the wedding ban on her finger, her eyebrows knitted together.

“Whoa, we really have to stop meeting secretly.”

She glanced back, she grinned.

“I found a…not exactly a way, but an escape for you.” Changwook said, she saw Yunho waving at her from the car.

“Your cousin insisted that he come along, so that people wont talk.” He chuckled as YUnho slid down from the car.

“What is it, oppa?”

“Take more units the next semester.”

“What?” She blinked.

“Add more units to your load, so that you’ll have a reason to be near campus grounds. The palace will be forced to allow you to live at an apartment or a villa near the university belt.”

“This..makes sense.”

“Just not divorce, Heeji. You two can still make things work.”

Heeji just nodded and looked at her hands.

“Use this time to think and reflect, okay?” He nudged her playfully.

“And that other thing,” Changwook stated, Yunho reached them and slung one arm around his cousin.

“I already called my friends at the prosecutor’s office, the prince will not be mentioned when Ahyoung will be prosecuted.”

“Thanks, oppa. You’re the best.” She smiled.

“Just…relax, okay? We’re here for you.” Changwook patted her head; Yunho smiled and just pulled her closer to him.

“Now, you should get going, Heeji. I’m sure the palace is worried now.”

 

 

Taeyong sat inside his study; he had no idea what to do. Somehow, despite the rumors and photos of him together with Ahyoung, his name wasn’t mentioned at all when the officials took her away.

He even saw Heeji’s father speaking to a reporter on TV, he admitted that they took her in but refused to divulge anything else.

He leaned back on his seat and rubbed his temples.

And then he heard a loud purr from below; he stood up and walked to the windows. He saw the orange GTR pulled to a halt at the curb, he sighed in relief

Heeji was home and she was safe.

He watched as she slid down by the car and was approached by her two maids, she smiled at them both and walked towards the house.

Taeyong leaned against the windowsill.

“I’m sorry, bigung. I’m really sorry.”

 

 

Heeji exhaled before jumping into the pool, she let the water surround her and held her breath.

An escape. I need an escape.

She coughed as she rose up from the water, she paused when she saw Taeyong walk in, her brows furrowed briefly.

“Don’t. Don’t walk away.”

She looked at him squarely.

“You deserve a proper apology, Jiji. And I know you wont accept mine now, but I just want you to know that,” Taeyong met her gaze.

“I regret everything. I regret not listening to you, I regret not even giving it a thought and I just…believed her.”

“Those things always come last.” Heeji replied.

“And I regret not realizing it right away. You might hate me for saying this, but,” He his lips and faced her again.

“You. Instead of taking her side, like I promised her, I’ve been taking yours.”

Heeji looked away.

“You’re right, don’t say it.” She stated as she climbed up from the pool and grabbed her robe.

“I’m sorry and I love you.”

Heeji halted.

“One thing,” She spat and faced him, Taeyong looked away.

“I only asked for one thing. I asked you to not say it, and yet,” She trailed off; tears started to trail down her cheeks.

“And you wont even do it for me.”

“Heeji, I~”

“You’re right, I hate you.”

Taeyong tried to reach her but she took a step back.

“Stop…Stop it. This isn’t a game, seja. Just because Ahyoung’s gone now, you want to make me feel~”

“No, this isn’t about her. I’ve been lying to myself, Heeji. I was trying to cover up the fact that I fell for you. I didn’t want things to change between us, so I tried hiding my feelings. And somehow Ahyoung saw through that, which was why~”

“Ani, you feel like you’ve to take responsibility, because now you know what really happened to me. Taeyong, you don’t love me, you just pity me, the exiled Jung girl.” She shook her head.

“Heeji, why would~”

“Because that’s something you would do!” She snapped, Taeyong shook his head.

“You’re always so considerate, you let people~”

“Tell me, is this something I would do?” He said before closing the distance between them and pressing his lips against hers.

Heeji stilled, Taeyong pulled his lips away from hers and pressed his nose against hers briefly.

“Don’t leave me, Heeji. Please.” He whispered before walking away from her.

 

 

Heeji leaned back on the chair as the king and queen discussed the issues at hand, she knew what was going to happen.

And she also knew her parents were in the palace, wanting to talk to her.

“I am very sorry to hear about this, bigung.” The queen dowager placed her hand over hers.

“Yes, mama.” She nodded politely, she felt numb.

“Luckily the crown prince’s name wasn’t dragged to this.” The king cleared his throat, Taeyong looked at his father.

“Good job, you two.” The queen said to them, Taeyong bowed.

“Bigung, you look like you have something to say,” The king gave her a kind smile.

“I…am taking advance classes next semester, pyeha.”

“That sounds great then, bigung.” The queen dowager clasped her hands together.

“Since, I’m going to be really busy, traveling from the palace and to the school will take so much time and it will be tiring. I want to get an apartment by the university belt, pyeha.”

Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“You…You wanted to move out?” The queen was stunned, Heeji nodded.

“Yes, kind of, hwanghu mama. It wont be permanent, but having my own space will let my work and study freely, and I that way I wont be bothering~”

“No one is going to be bothered.” Taeyong objected.

“It’s school. I want to do it alone. I hope you’ll allow me, pyeha.” Heeji said with a small smile.

“Heeji,” Taeyong spoke, but she shook her head at him.

“Then, I’ll be taking my leave. I was told my parents are waiting at the main room.” She stood up and curtsied before leaving.

Taeyong sighed and leaned back on his seat.

“The bigung wants to move out from the palace and be away from the prince,” The queen dowager looked at her grandson.

 

 

“You messed up big time, my prince.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++