045

A Royal Pain In The

Heeji stepped out of her room clad in her uniform; she headed down the steps and smiled back at the maids.

“Mama, breakfast~”

“I won’t be having any, I have to see my older cousin before school.” She said.

“Heeji-yah,”

She didn’t turn and just stretched her palm towards the maid.

“Bigung mama,”

“Heeji-yah, wait~”

“I dare you. Try stopping me.” She faced Taeyong, his brows furrowed as he walked to her, but then he halted when she took one step back.

“We need to talk.” He said softly.

“Oh, I’m sorry, you got the wrong Jung. Ahyoung’s not here.” She stated before heading out of the front door.

Taeyong watched as the orange GTR sped away, followed by one palace car. He exhaled and just headed for the dining room.

 

 

“You needed a lawyer.” Yunho said as Heeji walked in his office, she glanced at her back briefly, the two guards nodded and stepped back.

“Yeah, one that isn’t related to me.” She smiled, Changwook stood up from the leather couch.

“Bigung mama,” He smiled before leaning over to hug her.

“Hi, oppa.” She said before taking her seat, Jaehyun strolled in.

“What is it, noona?”

“I need you to find a way around the palace laws.” Heeji spoke, Yunho paused.

“What?” Changwook balked.

“I’m about to hand out evidence regarding this so-called adoptive sibling of mine,”

Jaehyun took her hand gently.

“The elders covered it up so nicely, that I need something explosive to open it up, but,”

“Taeyong.” Yunho said softly, Changwook frowned.

“He might be dragged into it, and his hold on the throne might weaken, oppa.”

“So, you want the truth to come out, but Taeyong must never be involved, but Heeji, it’s impossible, those photos that came out,”

“I know, oppa. But those damages…can’t they be made minimal?”

“The crown prince himself brought shame to the family…that’s..going to be difficult.” Changwook murmured.

“After this, what do you plan to do?” Yunho asked.

“That too, oppa. I want to get away from him.”

“Noona!” Jaehyun blinked worriedly.

“I want to rest.”

 

 

Johnny looked at his friend; he leaned back on his chair. The lounge room was surprisingly empty today, or maybe news of the crown prince’s affair made students uncomfortable around him.

“I’m guessing you found out.” Johnny started.

“I..was given files, regarding Ahyoung’s almost arrest.” Taeyong said.

“But, her story…what she said,” The prince trailed off.

“I’m sorry, but I have to let this out,” Johnny said.

“You had it coming, you chose to believe her, and you followed her blindly. And what happened now? Heeji. Your Jiji is hurting.” Johnny stated flatly.

“Youngho~”

“You were stupid to take her back after she left you, Taeyong. She left you hanging remember, and yet when news of your engagement broke out, she came back running to claim you back, don’t you see it?”

Taeyong remained quiet.

“She knew your fiancé is Heeji, she had to run back to mark you. She’s still competing against Heeji. But, being crown princess completely threw her off, so, she used your affection for her, to hurt Heeji again.”

“Johnny, I….don’t think..” Taeyong looked down.

“What? Ahyoung again? You still can’t believe it?” Johnny almost snapped.

“Ani. I don’t know what to do if I lose her.”

Johnny paused.

“Divorce. She asked for a divorce.”

 

 

“Hi,” Heeji smiled before wrapping both arms around Yuta.

“Ew, don’t touch me.” He protested, she grinned before letting go.

“How are you?” Jaerin asked.

“Pyeah..I had no idea how much he knows..but, he knows everything. He even knows something that I don’t.” She murmured.

“What?”

Heeji saw Taeyong and Johnny enter the cafeteria.

“She almost got sent to jail for illegal possession of drugs, but halmae asked to pardon her so the family name would be kept clean. That was the reason why she was angry when I got sent to Japan.”

Yuta and Jaerin grew quiet, then Taeyong reached their table.

“Heeji, please.” Taeyong spoke, Heeji picked up her backpack and stood up.

The whole cafeteria grew quiet. Jaerin and Yuta glanced at each other.

 

 

“See you at class, Samsung.” Heeji winked at Johnny before walking away.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++