017

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji eyed the pile of the books on the table as she put on the heels.

“It looks good on you, young miss.” The maid blushed, she smiled back at her and glanced at the two dresses she was going to wear.

One was a traditional gown designed by the palace, under the queen and queen dowager’s orders, while the other one was a modern Giambattista Valli gown in the perfect shade of peach, her eyes went to the Swarovski crystals sewed on the skirt of the dress.

“I still have class this afternoon.” She spoke.

“Yes, seja jeoha has arranged to come pick you up.” The maid nodded, Heeji blinked and just slowly took off the heels.

“Taeyong? I can drive myself.” She stated.

“I’m sorry, but it’s palace protocol. The crown princess must always be accompanied by the crown prince when going out.”

Heeji just nodded and puffed her cheeks before stepping out of the room. She glanced at the landscaped gardens as she passed by.

“I’m guessing this is my life now. My freedom in exchange for LG, whoa, my life sounds like a depressing soap opera.”

 

 

“How was your fitting?” Taeyong asked as they reached the campus. Heeji unstrapped her seatbelt and looked at him.

“It was terrifying. But I love the dress.” She grinned before sliding down the car, Taeyong followed her, he paused to glance at the three guards who followed them. He saw Heeji looked at them uncomfortably before heading up the marble stairs.

He raised one hand to them, the three males bowed and walked back to the black Rolls Royce again.

“Heeji-yah,” Taeyong jogged to her, she grinned at him.

“Jaerin’s asking if you’d like to enjoy us later.” She said as they passed through Daehan’s halls.

“Where?”

“Well, Yunho oppa’s holding this barbeque party tonight, he has friends coming over, Jaerin’s been invited too. And I can only go if you come with me, so, I’m kind of requiring you to.” She mused, Taeyong grinned back.

“Don’t worry, I already texted Ten and Johnny, so, you won’t be bored.”

“You act as if I’m not acquainted with your cousins, why, any undeclared siblings I don’t know about?” Taeyong mused, Heeji almost tripped on the tiled floor.

“Still, let’s go together.” She murmured, he nodded.

“I will have to make a call to abbamama later, I~”

“Taeyong-ah,” Ahyoung was making her way to them, Heeji instantly halted.

“I didn’t know you had noon classes.” Taeyong smiled as she reached them, Heeji looked away.

“I have to go look for Jaerin. See you later.” Heeji said quietly as she turned away.

“How about we grab some snacks together?” Ahyoung suggested sweetly.

“Right, join us, Ji.” Taeyong said.

“I..I can’t, I have to~”

“Heeji.” A masculine voice joined them, Taeyong saw his fiancé froze.

 

 

“Surely, you have time to talk now.” He smiled at her, Heeji’s brows furrowed.

“I..I~”

“She has class.” Taeyong’s intervened in his usual calm tone.

“Who is this? Heeji’s friend?” Ahyoung spoke again in her annoying voice that made Heeji yearn for a crowbar again.

Heeji bit her lip, asking for help from Taeyong now would make things difficult for him with Ahyoung around. Her brows furrowed.

“For how long are you going to continue ignoring me?” The male asked her, his steady gaze focused on her.

“Ahyoung-ah, can I meet you at the cafeteria?” Taeyong murmured, Ahyoung paused, her forehead creased briefly as she noticed where the crown prince was looking.

“Want me to walk you to class?” Taeyong smiled at her, Heeji glanced at Ahyoung who was looking at her, and then the older girl spun away from them and walked away.

“Ani,” Heeji cleared , she saw Taeyong blink at her.

“Just go, Ahyoung’s waiting.” She smiled at him, Taeyong’s brows met briefly but he nodded.

 

 

“Wow, hyung, you as a best friend.” Jaehyun mused as they watched the scene unfold; Johnny and Ten looked at the two. Somehow, or oddly, the royal couple’s friends became friends.

“Oppa, how could you let this happen?” Jaerin shook her head.

“Why are we suddenly blaming Chanyeol hyung?” Johnny blinked.

“Do you see that gorgeous male standing over there? Other than Taeyong.” Jaerin continued, Ten grinned and followed her gaze. Taeyong had stepped away and followed Ahyoung to the cafeteria.

“I’m assuming he’s an important person.” Ten nodded, Chanyeol sighed and just leaned back on his seat.

“That..That’s Oh Sehun. Heeji’s..ex-boyfriend, well not until a month ago.”

Johnny paused.

“Now that he appears, it only means one thing.” Jaerin continued.

 

“He wants her back.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++