018

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji crossed her arms and faced the male.

“What do you want?” She spoke, Sehun exhaled and faced her.

“What’s happening? Are you really getting married?” He asked softly.

“Do you think its fake news when it’s being aired globally?”

Sehun sighed and tried to reach for her hand, but she pulled back.

“Don’t touch me. You haven’t even answered my question yet.” She replied.

“You.” He said simply, Heeji looked at him, confused.

“You asked what do I want. You.”

She almost laughed.

“Don’t try to make me laugh, oppa. I don’t have time for this,”

“Heeji, wait,” He caught her arm before she could turn away from him. She flinched at his touch; Sehun dropped his hand to his side.

“Stop this, oppa. Please.” She spoke.

“Heeji, I’m sorry, I can help you with this, we can leave~”

“No. No, you can’t help me with this. No, I wont leave this place and no, you’re not sorry. I know you’re not.” She stated before turning away from him.

 

 

“Who was that person?” Ahyoung asked as Taeyong returned with their cakes.

“Just someone. Heeji doesn’t really like talking about him.” He smiled before sitting down across her.

“Ah, really?” Ahyoung nodded with a measured smile.

“So, how is it? She already moved in the palace.”

“It’s like nothing changed really, she already knows how things in the palace work, so it’s not difficult for her or for me.”

“Well, I guess that’s the benefit of being old friends.” Ahyoung smiled.

“Yeah, I just didn’t expect that my old friend would become my crown princess.” Taeyong shook his head as he looked up, his eyes followed Heeji as she went to the elevator.

Ahyoung just put her fork down and frowned.

But, that’s my spot. I should become crown princess. I could have become your princess.

 

 

Heeji exhaled as she leaned back against the walls, her classes were finally over, and she didn’t feel like moving at all.

“Ya.”

She felt Chanyeol stand beside her.

“Is he here for good?” She asked quietly, Chanyeol sighed before pulling her to him.

“Yeah.” His simple answer made her flinch.

“Oppa, why is this happening? Everything was finally falling into place, then Ahyoung..Ahyoung turns out to be Taeyong’s girlfriend, now this,” She trailed off before pressing her forehead against his chest.

“Why is he back? Saying those things…” She shook her head and pulled away from the older male.

“Now is not a good time to break down.” She murmured to herself, Chanyeol frowned.

“Jiji, it’s okay to cry, don’t try to bottle up things again.”

“Heeji?”

They both looked up, Taeyong was walking towards them, Heeji quickly wiped her cheeks with the sleeve off her coat.

“Yeah?” She spun around to face him, Taeyong studied her face briefly before offering a smile.

“The car’s ready. We can go now.” He said as he gently took her bag from her, Heeji nodded, she glanced at Chanyeol briefly before walking down the stairs.

“I’m guessing I’ll be seeing you later at the party, sunbae.” Taeyong spoke.

“Yeah, I’ll be there.”Chanyeol nodded quickly.

“But, seja,” He cleared his throat, Taeyong paused.

“Heeji…she likes to…keep things to herself, I’m sure you already know that, but please,”

“Take care of her, she may not show it, but she’s under a lot of pressure right now. I’m afraid she might break. And that wont be good.”

Taeyong nodded.

“I was planning on doing that.”

 

 

Heeji leaned against the hood of the Mercedez Benz, she was aware of their convoy behind her; they were just waiting for Taeyong to come back.

“Hey,”

She smiled as Taeyong reached her.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to press for answers.” He teased as he stood next to her.

“That was him, the ex-boyfriend.” She said simply, then she glanced at him, she blinked before leaning over.

Taeyong paused, and then she slowly brushed the bits of dried icing on the side of his lips with her thumb.

“Have some proper table manners, seja jeoha.” She chuckled before leaning back on the car, Taeyong swallowed and shook his head.

“What did he want to talk about? You getting married?” He asked lightly while taking her hand.

“That and,” She looked at her shoes.

“Let’s just go, I mean, I do miss hanging out with the Jung boys.” She chuckled, Taeyong nodded before squeezing her hand.

“Don’t let him bother you, Jiji.”

“Trust me, I’m trying.” She rolled her eyes.

“I can ask the guards to~”

“Nope. We are not going down that road, seja jeoha.” She mused before walking to car’s passenger door.

“Of course, we wont.” Taeyong smiled before opening the door for her, then he looked up and saw Ahyoung looking at them. He gave her a small smile, but the girl just turned away from them.

Heeji slid inside the car and took out her phone.

“Right, that.” She murmured before quickly dialing a number.

“It’s me. I need to clarify some things….Can you meet up soon?” She set the phone down as soon as Taeyong got inside the vehicle.

“Here, I got you a little something.” He smiled before dropping a bar of Snickers on her lap.

Heeji just smiled at him before glancing at Ahyoung’s black convertible BMW.

It doesn’t seem right. She’s too calm.

Taeyong started the engine.

“Shall we go?” He asked her with a boyish grin.

 

Do I need to protect you from her too?

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++