019

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

“Oppa!” Heeji beamed as they stepped out to the gardens, Taeyong followed closely behind her, their three guards were all waiting outside the Jung mansion.

”Aigoo, glad you could make it, baby girl.” Yunho mused before hugging the younger girl.

“Taeyong too, welcome to my home, seja jeoha.” He said with a polite smile as Taeyong reached them.

“It’s been a long time, hyung. I’m glad you seem to be doing well.” Taeyong smiled before shaking the older male’s hand.

“Noona!” Jaehyun waved her over; he was already seated with Jaerin and Johnny.

“Heeji was adamant that I invite your friends too.” Yunho said before going back to the house.

Taeyong nodded and walked towards the table where Chanyeol and Ten were enjoying some fries.

“Taeyong-ah, do you want something to drink? Soda?” Heeji asked as she stood up.

“Soda will do.” Taeyong nodded, she walked back to the house, Heeji was about to pull the glass doors open when a tall male appeared before her.

Taeyong saw his fiancé freeze.

“Oh no.” Jaerin chuckled, Chanyeol grinned and looked at his beer.

 

 

“Aigoo, who is this?” The older male grinned, Yunho was smiling as he walked towards the two.

“I..I was about t—to get something to drink for Taeyong.” Heeji stuttered.

The Jung Heeji was stuttering.

“Are you not going to say hi?” Yunho looked at her chidingly.

“It’s good to see you again, Changwook oppa.” She murmured before dashing for the kitchen.

“Well, she’s happy to see you, I guess.” Yunho shrugged.

“She’s gotten prettier.” Changwook nodded.

“She just got back and she’s getting married. It’s crazy.” Yunho shook his head.

Changwook just grinned at his friends before following him to the garden.

 

 

“Wow, who was that?” Johnny blinked.

“Did I just see Batman bigung…blush?” Ten murmured. Jaehyun grinned and just popped more fries in his mouth.

“That was Ji Changwook, Yunho oppa ans him met during law school. And they’re both the same.” Jaerin explained.

“The same?” Taeyong echoed, he was still amused by the memory of Heeji running towards the kitchen like a scared rabbit.

“Frustrated chaebol kids who just want to help the poor fight for justice.” Jaerin nodded.

“And…Jung Heeji’s..weakness.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Oh, that’s cool.” Johnny nodded just as Heeji came back with two cans of Diet Coke, she plopped down beside Taeyong.

“You’re….pink.” Taeyong teased as he looked at her, he raised his hand and his thumb brushed against her cheek briefly.

Johnny’s brows rose slightly before taking his drink.

“It’s the Mac blush~”

“For how long are you going to continue ignoring me, Jung Heeji?” Changwook had joined their table, Chanyeol grinned and bumped fists with the male.

Taeyong hid his smile as she saw Heeji puffed her cheeks.

“I wasn’t ignoring you, oppa.” She replied, Changwook smiled before opening the can of soda for her.

“Oh, hyung, this is Taeyong. Heeji~” Jaehyun started.

“I know, nice to meet you, seja jeoha.” Changwook bowed politely. Heeji carefully picked up a fry and popped it in .

Taeyong smiled again, just seconds ago, she was carelessly stuffing her face with them.

“Oppa..can’t you go back to the adults table now? This is the kids table.” Heeji mumbled, Changwook grinned and just mussed her hair.

“Arasso, arasso, I’ll leave now. It’s good to see that you’re still your usual irritable self, baby girl.” He mused before leaving the table.

“Baby girl.” Taeyong whispered teasingly, Heeji kicked his foot under the table, he laughed.

Johnny glanced at Ten, he grinned and stretched one palm to him. Jaerin looked at the two oddly.

“Pay up.” Johnny mouthed, Ten rolled his eyes and dropped a fifty thousand won bill on his palm.

“Heol.” Jaerin stated as soon as she realized what the two were doing.

 

 

“The reception?” Ahyoung echoed.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, dear. We can’t take you with us to the ceremony proper.” Mrs. Jung frowned, Ahyoung nodded.

“I would have wanted to see Heeji walking down the aisle, eomma.” She looked at her lap.

“Is there really nothing we can do about it?” She asked, Mr. Jung sat down across her.

“It’s the rules, not everybody knows about you, we don’t want anyone to misunderstand. You might get hurt too.” He explained.

Ahyoung sighed and nodded.

“I understand, appa. Forget that I even asked.” She smiled, but her fists curled on her lap.

They won’t last long. They won’t.

 

 

Heeji leaned against the marble railings and looked at the night view.

“What’s this? Alone time?” Jaerin walked to her, she looked at her.

“It’s in two days.” Heeji said quietly, Jaerin paused briefly.

“I’ll see you at the reception right?”

“Of course.” Jaerin nodded and took her hand in hers.

“Heeji-yah, I know things are difficult for you now, but…just so you know, I’m here for you.”

“Is there anyway for the media not to broadcast my wedding?” She sighed, Jaerin smiled and shook her head.

“That’s beyond my control, Ji.”

Heeji nodded and stood up straightly.

“Taeyong seems…nice. Nicer than I expected.”

“He worries me.” Heeji stated.

“Why?”

“He’s dating Ahyoung. Naturally, it will worry me. But I know I shouldn’t interfere, but..” Heeji trailed off.

“Don’t add this to your problems, Ji. You already have Sehun being here and~”

“Him too. He’s one big headache for me.” Heeji looked at her fingers.

“What did he say?” Jaerin asked.

“Me.” Heeji replied.

“…What?”

“He wants me back.” Heeji faced her, Jaerin’s brows met briefly.

“No, Heeji, you can’t take him back. He’s~”

“I know, but it got me thinking,” Heeji started.

“What if there’s no one else for me..but just him?” She stated.

“What if there’s someone better? Someone who wont hurt you, instead he’ll do everything just to protect you?” Jaerin replied.

“I don’t think there’s someone else out there who can deal with me.” Heeji smiled to herself before walking away, Jaerin pursed her lips and he looked at the garden.

Taeyong was chatting with the two Jung brothers, it was obvious that he got along well with them.

And then Heeji stepped out of the glass doors, Taeyong looked up, he smiled and opened one arm to her.

 

 

“I don’t think so, Jung Heeji. There is someone. And he’s just nearby.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++