005

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

Heeji slid inside her father’s BMW, she watched as two black Rolls Royce sped away from the temple.

She leaned back against the warmed seats and took out her phone.

You didn’t ask me to wait,” She stated as she looked at the photo on the screen.

I would have…but you left without anything for me to hold on to.” She whispered before leaning back on the seat.

She opened her phone’s settings before pressing the reset settings button. Then her phone started to ring.

It was her mother.

“Eomma,”

“Did you go visit halbae?” She asked.

“Yes, I was just about to leave. Why?” Heeji closed her eyes briefly.

“Taeyong’s parents are here. They want to see you.”

She shook her head briefly.

“We know that you already found out. We heard that Taeyong went to find you.”

“Was that really necessary?”

“We didn’t do that. He was the one who wanted to talk to you.”

“You don’t have to worry about it, eomma. I’ll do it. Just…let me be. Leave me alone tonight. I’ll be back by tomorrow.”

“But, dear, the king and queen~”

“Surely, they’ll understand.” She stated before ending the call.

 

 

Taeyong leaned back on the seat.

“What did you say?”

“I just want you to think about it. There’s no rush.” He said quietly as he placed the small red box on her hand, she flinched back.

“But, we’re too young for this. There’s so much more I want to do.”

“I know, I know. I wont stop you from~”

“You wont, but your position will.” She said, Taeyong swallowed and looked away.

“I don’t know, I can’t. I’m sorry.” She stood up and pushed the box back to him.

“We need some space.” She said before leaving the room.

“Seja jeoha,”

Taeyong looked up, a black BMW was blocking their way, and then he saw Heeji sliding down from the car.

“Do you want us to~”

“Don’t. That’s the royal fiancé.” Taeyong spoke, they both stilled and nodded. Taeyong exhaled and slid down from the car.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as she reached him, she glanced at the guards briefly.

“Your parents are at my place.” She stated, Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“So, I can’t go home.”

“Heeji~”

“I need an escape route. Do you know of any?” She asked him, Taeyong blinked at her. Then he leaned forward, his cheek almost touching hers, Heeji paused.

“Give me your keys.” He murmured, Heeji’s lips quirked up, she extended her hand and slipped the key in his coat pocket.

“Oh, Pyeha!” Heeji suddenly screamed, the guards both panicked and looked around, Taeyong ran towards the BMW.

Heeji chuckled before sliding inside the front seat as Taeyong started the engine and stepped on the gas.

 

 

Jaehyun stepped in the study; the elders were outside, speaking with the king and queen.

“Hyung,”

Yunho glanced at him from the study.

“I spoke to noona earlier,”

“I heard her stunt with the truck. Heeji, really.” Yunho smiled and uncrossed his arms.

“Who gave her the idea that the company is going bankrupt?” Jaehyun asked, Yunho looked away.

“Halmae and uncle decided on it, if Heeji thinks that her marriage will save company~”

“They tricked her?” Jaehyun was shocked.

“Yeah.”

Jaehyun shook his head and sat down.

“What did she say? Is Heeji okay?” Yunho asked, concerned for the younger Jung.

“I can feel she’s pissed but she knows she can’t do anything about it.” Jaehyun replied.

“I worry about her, it’s been..years but,” Yunho trailed off, Jaehyun shifted on his seat uncomfortably.

“They still haven’t seen each other, huh?” Yunho asked.

“Who cares, hyung? We’re all dead when she finds out we lied to her.” Jaehyun quipped before stepping out of the room.

“Right, she might run us over with her monster truck.” Yunho murmured.

 

 

Ten looked up when he heard the door open, Johnny turned away from the TV screen.

“I didn’t think he’d drop by~”

Ten almost dropped his phone when he saw the girl walking behind his friend, Johnny stood up.

“Taeyong-ah~” Johnny halted as he saw the two coming down the steps; they were all inside Johnny’s secret hiding place, a penthouse in Myeongdong.

“I brought a friend.” Taeyong stated, but by the stunned looks on his friends’ faces he knew something was up.

“They probably know who I am, it’s on the news.” Heeji opened ; she looked at the two males.

“They may have released it, hearing that my parents are at your place.” Taeyong’s brows met briefly before walking to the open-air veranda, Ten and Johnny balked, the crown prince didn’t bother to introduce them.

“I’m Jung Heeji.” She spoke confidently and extended one palm to them.

“Ah, the future bigung who jumped off a building.” Johnny grinned, Ten glanced at his friend.

“You saw that? Well, hi.”

“You can call me Johnny.” The tall male shook her hand.

“And this is?” Heeji faced Ten.

“Chittaphon.” Johnny nodded.

“Just Ten, nice to meet you, Heeji.” Ten smiled and took her hand.

“I asked for an escape route, Taeyong brought me here. We’re both doing this whole Bonnie and Clyde on the run thing now.” She shrugged.

“Taeyong’s good at escaping his~”

“Oh, you have an armory?” Heeji’s eyes sparkled at the sight behind Johnny, the girl jogged towards the display of guns.

“Well, they’re my dad’s~” Johnny panicked when the girl slid the glass open and picked up the AK47.

Taeyong stepped back in the room.

“Wanna see something cool?” Heeji grinned at the two before setting it down the table, Ten just blinked at her.

“Do we want to see it?” Johnny asked skeptically, Taeyong just looked at his friend, a little worried.

Heeji beamed before dismantling the rifle, she raised both of her palms up for a few seconds, before putting it back together again.

“Oh.” Ten blurted.

 

 

“Our bigung mama is special.” Johnny nodded quickly, Taeyong just grimaced.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++