003

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

Heeji drummed her fingers on the wheel as she drove away the campus, she maneuvered away from the main roads and arrived at a nearby park.

She shook off her school blazer and picked up her backpack from the passenger seat before leaping down the truck.

She saw the river a few yards from her, she exhaled and made her way towards the body of water and sat down by the edge.

“This is funny.” She said to herself.

“Me? Married? My .” She muttered darkly, and then she looked up when a black Ferrari halted beside her truck. She grinned and waved the male over.

“Halmae will kill us both.” He mused as he plopped down beside her.

“Just you. She won’t kill me, she needs to sell me off first.”

Jaehyun bit his lip and looked down briefly.

“Noona, I~”

“I know, I heard appa’s secretary discuss it with him.” Heeji stated as she leaned back on her palms.

“But, are you really going to do this? I’m sure hyung and I can~”

“Find a way? How? How can we save the company?” Heeji shook her head, Jaehyun looked away.

“It wont be happening in a few years, noona. We can still~”

“You do know that out of us three, I’m kind of the useless one, right?”

“Noona!” Jaehyun chided, she grinned.

“I was sent to exile remember? I ed up. Nobody believed me.”

The younger male closed his mouth, uncomfortable.

“I’ll probably do it. The marriage.”

“Do you know who you’re marrying, noona?” Jaehyun asked, Heeji shrugged and stood up.

“Does it matter?” She replied before taking out a box of chocolates from her backpack.

“Sweets for my favorite cousin. Don’t tell your brother.” She chuckled before mussing his hair and rushing back to her car.

Jaehyun just watched as the Batman monster truck fled away.

“It’s the prince. You’re going to be crown princess.”

 

 

“Okay, I like her. Let’s make her part of this isolated trio.” Johnny mused as they headed to class, even Taeyong managed to grin.

“She jumped off two stories high, she’s bold.” Ten chuckled as they went down the steps.

“You don’t have your tails today.”

Taeyong looked around them.

“I rebelled.”

“Wow.” Johnny clapped sarcastically.

“Why? Did something happen?” Ten asked quietly as they entered the lecture hall.

“That rumor,” Taeyong started.

“It’s no rumor. It’s true.”

His two friends paused; Taeyong went to his desk and set down his backpack.

“What?” Johnny blinked.

“But, who could possibly be good enough for the crown prince?” Ten asked as they joined him.

 

 

Heeji pulled over right in front of LG Corporation’s building; she made a face as she looked at the tower’s façade.

She leapt down from the truck, not minding the stares she and her car earned. She brushed her hair away from her face.

“Young miss! Young miss!” She saw her father’s secretary rushing to her, she grinned.

“Didn’t expect to see me here, ahjussi?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” He asked, Heeji shrugged and just marched towards the entrance.

“Are you here to visit your father?” He asked as he kept up with the girl.

“Aniyo,” She said as she got in the building and made her way towards the elevator.

“Then, why~”

“Ahjussi, can you park my car?” She faced him and tossed the key, the male caught it.

“I need to visit halbae, I can’t bring that there.” She said as the doors opened, the male’s eyes widened.

“Let me borrow appa’s car for a while.” She winked as she got inside.

“Young miss, you can’t do that~”

The doors closed and the male sighed.

“She might be pretty, but she’s a complete headache.”

 

 

Taeyong got inside the east palace and made his way to the gardens, where he found his grandmother. He scratched the back of his head before making his presence known.

“Halmamama,” He said as he took the seat across her.

“How was your day, prince?”

He just nodded politely, not wanting to talk.

“I know that you must feel troubled about this. Halmeoni knows how you feel.” She said softly.

“I don’t understand this, halmamama. I thought arranged marriages are~”

“Things don’t work like they did before, yes. But, this,” She pointed towards the box before them, Taeyong’s brows furrowed.

“Your grandfather did this to help you. To help our family.”

“Help? With what? The royal family has always been strong.” Taeyong replied.

“Yes, but with this girl, the royal fiancé, she will help stabilize your throne when you become king.”

Taeyong exhaled, his jaw tensed.

“Please, think about this, seja. This..was your grandfather, the late king’s dying wish. To be family with his best friend.”

Taeyong looked at his hands briefly, then his grandmother placed a photo on top of them.

His eyes widened.

“You know her, seja.”

Taeyong looked at the photo again.

“Hee~” Taeyong looked up.

“Miss Jung Heeji. She’s pretty as a flower and as delicate too.”

Delicate? She just jumped off a building earlier.

“Hmm, what do you think, seja?” She asked, Taeyong’s brows knitted together.

“What I think doesn’t matter now. The king has already decided.” He replied, the elder frowned and just placed her hand over his.

“Seja, soon, you will understand everything.” She said.

“I probably never will, halmama.” Taeyong said as he stood up and gave a polite bow to his grandmother.

“I will be in my quarters. Thank you for coming to see me.” He said before placing the photo inside his coat pocket and leaving the area. He stepped in his room and took out his car keys before calling for his two guards.

“Yes, jeoha.”

He took out Heeji’s photo and handed it to them.

 

“Find her for me.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++