028

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji slammed the huge door behind her, somehow she had ended up at the school’s auditorium, she went to a seat and plopped down.

Memories started to flod back to her, she felt tears of anger line her eyes.

“How tactless.” She spat, she leaned back on the seat and propped up her feet on the seat in front of her.

From the moment she saw Ahyoung just being so near to Jaehyun, it made her insides churn in anger.

She heard the doors open, she shook her head.

“Taeyong, I don~”

“It’s not Taeyong.”

She blinked before turning her head, Sehun was still standing by the door, his hands buried deep in his pockets.

“Oh,” She nodded before looking away.

“I saw what happened,”

“People were bound to see it.”

“Heeji, don’t do this.” Sehun sighed as he sat down beside her, she exhaled.

“You’re shutting me out, I don’t like it.”

“I never did I say I would let you in again.” She replied, Sehun looked away.

“So, I really have no chance?” Sehun asked softly.

“Yes, I’m married now, oppa. There’s nothing I can do about it.”

“Your adoptive sister is dating your husband, Heeji. The sister who~”

“I’ll deal with it myself.” She said as she stood up, she was about to leave when Sehun caught her arm.

“Heeji, please~”

“Don’t do this, oppa. I’ve finally let you go, so..you can’t do this to me.”

“It was a mistake, I~”

“No, you don’t get to do this to me. You were the one who left.” She snapped at him, Sehun paused.

“So, don’t…don’t add up to my problems.” She finished before leaving the hall.

 

 

Jaerin’s eyes widened as she watched Taeyong help up Ahyoung from the grass, Jaehyun was frozen on his position, his eyes were on Heeji as she ran away from them.

“What was that?” Johnny voiced, Ten blinked.

“A problem. A problem that has been…hiding.” Jaerin whispered to herself before walking towards the three.

“I don’t know what came to her, I was just trying to dust off the lint on Jaehyun’s sleeve,” Ahyoung was sobbing, Jaerin wanted to hit her with a steel baseball bat.

“I’ve never seen her so~”

“Jaehyun-ah,” Jaerin took his hand, the younger male looked up.

“Oh, Jaerin,” Taeyong faced her; she smiled at the him briefly before glancing at Ahyoung.

“Did you see that? Heeji was~”

“You see,” Jaerin cleared , Taeyong looked at her.

“I know, I may be overstepping some boundary here,” She started, she saw Ahyoung smirk at her.

“But, seja jeoha, why must you be all so showy with your girlfriend here on campus? Are you stupid?”

Jaehyun tensed.

“Jaerin-ah~”

“If you get in a scandal, my friend will be affected too, you know.” She pointed out.

“Jaerin, I know, I’m being careful~”

Heeji was making her way towards them.

“I have class,” She said as she took her backpack from her friend.

“Heeji~” Taeyong tried to reach for her hand, but she moved away.

“I’ll see you.” She stated before walking away from the group.

 

 

Taeyong slid inside the Rolls Royce and stared at the empty space beside him, Heeji had yet to arrive.

His thoughts went back to what happened earlier, he never saw Heeji so distressed and angry.

Was it because of Jaehyun? But, it was Ahyoung whom she yelled at.

He leaned back on his seat and puffed his cheeks.

The door opened, Heeji slid inside the car and set her backpack on her feet.

“Heeji, what happened?”

She looked at the other males in the car, the driver bowed before pressing a button on the console and soon a black screen divided them from the two guards.

“I jus think that….it’s not right for me to be around you and Ahyoung so much. And for my family to be around her too.”

Taeyong paused.

“It might cause issues, and I don’t want that. We both don’t want that.” She glanced at him.

“Heeji, but, earlier~”

“I’m sorry, I forgot how to control strength. I did MMA for three years, sometimes I forgot that I’m not inside the octagon.” She nodded quickly as she took out her earphones.

“Is it all just that? Nothing else?” Taeyong asked carefully, knowing not to push her to talk.

“Yeah.” She replied before plugging in the earphones and closing her eyes, Taeyong exhaled.

“Jeoha,”

The screen went down, he looked at the guard.

“That house bigung mama visited, it was Kim Jongin’s. The friend of hers who came by earlier.”

“How do they know each other?”

“They met during high school years, mister Kim’s family has been really good friends with the Jungs. They are the family behind Korea Oil Group.”

Taeyong just nodded and glanced at her briefly.

There are things that you’re hiding. But I know that I cannot force you to talk.

 

 

“I still can’t reach her.” Jaehyun said as he walked towards Jaerin, it was just nine in the morning and both were heading for their first class.

“I didn’t know she’d react like that.” Jaehyun murmured.

“It must be so difficult for her, with Ahyoung being Taeyong’s girlfriend and she has to be on guard always and…being lied to.”

Jaehyun sighed.

“Do you think she’ll forgive me, noona?” Jaehyun asked.

“She will. You’re her baby cousin.” Jaerin teased, Jaehyun just shook his head worriedly, and then the familiar black Rolls Royce rolled in. Jaerin saw the emblem of the royal family on the car’s sides.

Heeji slid down from the car first, not minding to even glance at Taeyong as she headed towards the building.

Jaehyun saw Taeyong pause and he watched as his wife rush away from him, the crown prince sighed before heading on his way.

“Do you think she’ll tell him? The truth.” Jaehyun said.

“I hope she does. That’s the only way things will be clear for him.”

“But, that would put noona in a very difficult situation.”

“She’ll be viewed as someone who broke up a couple… and Taeyong might not believe her.”

 

 

 

“I don’t see Batman bigung.” Johnny said conversationally as Taeyong joined them, in their table at the lounge room, the prince glanced behind him, and his two guards bowed politely before keeping a distance from him.

“She..went in first.” Taeyong nodded, Ten sensed his discomfort.

“What happened yesterday?”

Taeyong stared at the glass windows briefly, his brows knitted together.

“I don’t know.”

Johnny blinked.

“She said..she doesn’t want to be around Ahyoung and I, the same goes for her family too.”

“Heeji?”

Taeyong nodded.

“But, I don’t understand, I thought they got along well, I wanted them to be friends.” Taeyong stated, Johnny shook his head.

“And now…Heeji wont even talk to me.” He added quietly.

“They can never be good friends. You know that.” Ten commented, Taeyong leaned back on his seat.

“I did tell you it was going to be difficult.”

“What do you want me to do? Choose between them?” Taeyong replied, irritated.

“Who would you choose?” Ten replied just as the doors opened, Ahyoung strolled in with a smile.

“Hey guys.” She greeted them as she took the seat next to Taeyong’s. Then Johnny looked up.

“Hey, Batman bigung!” He waved excitedly, Taeyong followed his gaze. Ahyoung saw how his brows met briefly when he saw Chanyeol standing next to Heeji.

“Hey, Samsung!” Heeji winked at him before pulling Chanyeol with him to their table.

Taeyong exhaled and just looked away.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++