049

A Royal Pain In The

 

Taeyong was awakened by a very panicked palace guard.

“Seja!”

He sat up and checked the time on his phone, it was just one in the morning.

“What happened?” He rubbed his eyes before sliding down from the bed, the guard stepped back.

“It’s the princess,”

Taeyong felt himself tense.

“What about her?”

“She..disappeared, she’ not in her room, and we’ve sent more guards to search the palace.”

Taeyong exhaled and shook his head.

“Disappeared? Heeji..she usually likes to sneak out, but~”

“Bigung mama was seen packing some of her clothes earlier.”

Taeyong stilled, his brows furrowed.

“I’ll~” His phone vibrated, he opened the text message.

Don’t look for me. – Heeji

Taeyong let out a shaky breath before stepping out of his room.

 

 

Heeji leaned back on the rattan seat and closed her eyes, her phone was beside her, switched off.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay alone?” Kai walked to her, she nodded.

“I already filled the jeep with gas, so, come home when you’re ready okay?” Kai said softly, she opened her eyes and smiled at him.

“Thanks, oppa.”

“Yuta sent tons of chocolate. Eat that and get well. Gain some weight too.” Kai mussed her hair before running towards the open field and getting inside the waiting helicopter.

Heeji waved at him before they took off.

She stood up and walked towards the cabin, she looked at the coffee table where Kai had set her keys and some necessities. She looked at the discarded ring beside the set of soaps.

“I…don’t think I can go back that quickly.” She murmured before entering her room. She approached the glass windows and looked at her Batmobile.

"Batman bigung." She said with a small smile.

"Even that title is scary." She whispered to herself.

 

 

“What is this emotional rollercoaster we’re on?” Jaerin frowned as she looked at the TV screen, Jaehyun just exhaled.

“Do you think she’s out of the country?” Ten asked.

“No, she’s just in Korea, but…knowing where..it’s difficult, she’s cut off all ways of communication.” Jaehyun sighed.

“What about the hyungs, do they know?” Johnny asked.

“They’re mum about it. Noona must really want time alone. Even the palace has stopped searching for her.”

“I feel bad for Taeyong, I mean even though he had it coming, but…all this bad press on him, it’s worrying.” Ten stated.

“What’s worse is that…Heeji doesn’t seem to have any plans going back.” Jaerin murmured.

 

 

Taeyong cleared his throat before giving the guard a nod, he pulled the door open and the crown prince finally stepped out to meet the waiting media men waiting for him.

The cameras went wild as son as he stepped on the platform, his guards started to hold back the crowd.

“First of all, I would like to thank everyone for coming here to listen to me, and I would like to apologize to the whole nation.”

“What I did was unthinkable and unforgivable, I was lying to everyone regarding my life with the princess and to myself.”

“Jeonha, what can you say about Jung Ahyoung being prosecuted? Are you~”

“No, I didn’t know that she was under the influence of illegal drugs. And yes, it is true that she and I were together.”

“Then, jeonha, did you really have an affair?”

Taeyong paused, his brows furrowed.

“Yes, I did.”

The room grew silent, he let out a breath.

“But, by doing that, by being blind, I lost my princess.”

“We heard that the princess has gone MIA.” The reporter spoke.

“All I know that she’s safe and resting. And I understand that she doesn’t want to be with me right now. So, I am here to ask of you, Heeji needs rest, she needs time away from all this mess I created. I ask you to please respect her privacy and stop trying to locate her.”

“Then, seja jeonha, are you and the princess going to separate?”

Taeyong looked down on his palms, the ring on his fingers suddenly felt heavy.

“Truthfully, if the bigung asks for that….if she wants that to happen, it is something I am afraid of.” He trailed off.

 

 

“I really don’t know…She’s the best thing that happened to me, and I don’t know what to do if she’ll leave me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++