023

A Royal Pain In The

 

Year 20XX

 

 

“What do they want?” Jaehyun murmured as they stepped in the Jung ancestral home, Ahyoung followed the two while checking on her phone. The three of them were still wearing their school uniform, they had just reached the gates when they saw their grandparents’ chauffeur waiting for them.

“Maybe they just want to grab dinner together?” Ahyoung chimed.

“I don’t think so, unnie. Even Yunho oppa’s here.” Heeji juttered her lips towards the sleek Audi parked in front of the mansion.

“What if he brought Changwook oppa too?” Ahyoung nudged her, Heeji grinned.

“Then, rushing here will be worth it.” She chuckled.

“Heol.” Jaehyun shook his head at the two before going in in the house.

 

 

“They’re all holed up in the study.” Jaehyun said as he leaned back on the couch, Ahyoung was munching on some chips while Heeji stared at the windows.

“It seems serious, did something bad happen?” She asked.

“I don’t think so. I wonder made halbae call everyone here.” Yunho shrugged as he plopped down beside his brother.

“I’m going to get some water.” Ahyoung stood up.

“Will you also grab some cola, noona?” Jaehyun gave her a pleading smile.

“Ya, you’re the maknae.” Yunho pointed out, Ahyoung chuckled.

“It’s fine. I’ll get you one if I find something.” Ahyoung stated before leaving the three.

Yunho stood up and closed the doors quietly, the two youngsters stared at him questioningly.

“What is it, oppa?” Heeji set her phone down.

“I have a feeling I know why we’re all gathered here.” Yunho stated, Jaehyun blinked at him.

“Haraboji mentioned something about him retiring in a two years, remember?”

“I did hear about it.” Heeji replied.

“And then, your father mentioned something about including Ahyoung in the family registry.”

“…Yeah, he did. He and eomma have been discussing it with me and unnie too.” Heeji recounted.

“But…how does that relate to this, oppa?”

“Halbae is…against it.”

Jaehyun and Heeji both paused.

“Against? But, why?”

“We all know that she isn’t exactly related to us, and halbae has…his own archaic way of seeing things., he doesn’t want Ahyoung to take the family name or be known as a Jung heir.”

Heeji crossed her arms, unsure of what to say.

“He wants to make sure she wont get anything from the company and also the family.”

“But, hyung, she grew up us.” Jaehyun murmured.

“I know, but..that’s how things work.”

“Then…wouldn’t that make things..awkward with Ahyoung unnie?” Heeji mumbled.

“That’s what I’ve been thinking.”

 

 

Ahyoung smiled at the maid before stepping out of the kitchen, she was holding onto a can of diet Coke on her hand as she crossed the hall.

Then she paused when she heard voices, she looked at the slightly open doors to her left.

“Are they arguing?” She said to herself as she approached the doors.

“What did you say?” Ahyoung heard the Jung patriarch hiss.

“Abeoji, please be reasonable, she’s my daughter too.”

“I don’t recall you two sharing the same genes.”

Ahyoung paused, she knew. They were talking about her.

“She was left at your doorstep by her irresponsible parents so that you could let that girl feed~”

“Abeoji,” Her father warned.

“I wont allow it. You will not add her to the family registry.”

Ahyoung paused, her brows met briefly.

“She’s been part of the family for a long time, abeoji. And she’s~”

“I already let that girl carry the family name, now you want to give her a claim to the company? Are you thinking straight?!”

Ahyoung leaned back on the wall.

“Abeoji, she grew up in our family, once you give her a chance, you’ll~”

“She’s not, and will never be a Jung. Once she finishes school she will be stripped off of everything, I cannot stand having a stranger taking advantage of the privileges that are only for my grandchildren.”

Ahyoung’s father didn’t speak, she could hear her uncle trying to reason with her father, but still the elder wouldn’t budge.

“I will make sure of that in my will, don’t worry.”

Ahyoung let out a shaky breath before walking back to the living room to join the rest of the Jung grandchildren.

 

“Let’s see if you can get rid of me.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++