034

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

Heeji walked in Taeyong’s room and left the double doors open, she sat down on the divan and leaned back.

No, we’re about to go to an event and she meant~”

“First you get angry at me for telling you I had to leave school yesterday because of a family emergency and now you want to start a fight over a small thing?”

“She’s not just Heeji, she’s my wife!”

A small smirk appeared on her lips as she crossed her arms.

“Yes, aggravate him, that’s what you do best.” She said to herself.

“Heeji?” Taeyong called, she sat up and found him standing by the doorway.

“Let’s go.” He said, she stood up and walked to him.

“Is something wrong? You sounded…angry.” She said carefully as two guards followed them out of the building.

“It’s nothing.” He nodded quickly as he opened the car’s door for her. Heeji just smiled and got inside the vehicle.

“Heeji-ya,” Taeyong suddenly spoke, she looked up.

“Can..you lend me the Batmobile?” He asked quietly, he was almost whispering.

“Sure, but..now?” She blinked.

“Thanks,” He kissed the back of her hand, he closed the door and ran towards the waiting monster truck, Heeji watched as the guards struggled to chase him, but the truck was already speeding away at full speed away from them.

Heeji just watched as her truck sped out of palace grounds, she just shook her head and gestured for the driver to start the car.

 

 

“What?” Johnny was confused, Jaerin looked up, she excused herself from her parents and approached the male.

“Did you get the text?” She discreetly asked him.

“Yeah, what happened?” He asked, he looked around them, it was the opening of the latest wing of Seoul City Museum, paintings and other historical items were on display. The guests were composed of the one percent of the one percent, prominent politicians and of course, everyone was expecting the royal couple.

“So, she will arrive alone? That doesn’t sound good.” Jaerin murmured, she looked towards the entrance as she heard noises, four males in black suits appeared, they were making way for Heeji, she walked in all grace and elegant, a measure smile was on her face the museum’s curator greeted her and asked for her to take pictures with him.

“They’re going to attack her again.” Jaerin sighed.

“Mama, why did you arrive alone?”

“Are the rumors true? That the prince and you have a bad relationship?”

“Where is the crown prince?”

“Bigung mama, is it true that you and the prince don’t get along well?”

Heeji’s brows met briefly but then she smiled.

“Well, it is true that I arrived alone,” She stated, there was murmur from the crown of reporters before her.

“But, the prince and I, we’ve known each other since we were children, we always did get along nicely. Thank you everybody for worrying, but we are both doing well. It’s just today, something urgent came up and his highness had to rush out. He sends his apologies for not being able to attend this important event.” Heeji nodded.

“Then, bigung mama, how is life after marriage?”

Heeji mustered a chuckle.

“It’s…like an adventure, I learn new things everybody and it’s nice that I have the crown prince with me in this journey.” She said with finality before stepping away from the crowd, she looked around as she got in the hall and saw Jaerin.

“Hey,” Jaerin greeted her with a hug as she reached them, Johnny bumped fists with her.

“What happened? Seja jeonha?” He asked.

“He..got this call from Ahyoung, and then he bolted out.” Heeji nodded.

“Heol.” Johnny replied.

“He left you? This is your first official event as a couple, and he bolted out?” Jaerin was speechless.

“Ya, it’s okay. This much I can manage.” Heeji said as she looked around again, she could feel that people were itching to talk to her and that made her feel iffy.

“Still, going out alone, I feel bad for you.” The girl sighed.

“Let me guess, Ahyoung called?” Johnny asked her.

“”Yeah, it was she.” She replied and met eyes with Jaerin briefly, the other girl’s brows rose briefly.

 

 

Taeyong leaned back against the seat, he switched the fog lamps on and closed his eyes.

“We can’t go back to that time, huh?”

“I don’t know.”

“But, promise me one thing,”

“Promise me that you’ll always take my side, no matter what.”

Taeyong smiled at her and caressed her cheek.

“Of course.”

He let out a deep sigh before checking his phone, he had a number of missed calls from the guards. None came from Heeji. His brows furrowed.

It all felt so confusing for him, a part of him knew he made a mistake and that he shouldn’t have gotten angry with her. What she was saying made sense, but Heeji.

“Goddamnit Heeji.” He leaned his head on the steering wheel.

He never knew how dangerous Jung Heeji could be, back then, she was just a playmate who visited him almost weekly.

But now, she was his wife. All charming and beautiful Jung Heeji.

“Golden girl. I used to call her golden girl.” He murmured to himself, he glanced at his watch.

He bit his lip before starting the car and sped away from the empty lot.

 

 

Heeji swallowed as two governors continued to talk to her, she knew they were just trying to get in the good graces of the royal family, but she had no idea what they were blabbering about.

“Ah, yes, yes. I’ll make sure to send your regards to the king.” She said kindly, her eyes darted towards behind them; three middle-aged ladies were trying to catch her eye.

She mentally sighed, and then she heard someone scream,

“It’s the crown prince!”

The governors bowed to her before stepping away quickly, she looked up and saw Taeyong walking in, sans his security details.

Heeji felt annoyance seep in her, she shook her head and walked towards the glass doors, she glanced at Jaerin for her to follow.

She pushed the doors open and stalked towards the rose bushes.

“Hey, what~”

“They were arguing. My plan worked.” Heeji announced, Jaerin blinked.

“Taeyong and Ahyoung fought because of me,”

“That’s good then, you succeeded.”

“But why am I annoyed?” She mumbled. Jaerin blinked.

“What are you saying?”

Heeji faced the view before them.

“Just because of her, he gets all…unpredictable and inconsistent. What kind of bull~”

“Bigung?” Taeyong’s voice made them halt, Jaerin just stared at her friend.

Something was off.

“We’re here!” Heeji cleared , Taeyong appeared before them, looking strikingly handsome in black.

“Jaerin, hi.” He greeted the other girl warmly, Jaerin smiled back at him.

“Had a good ride?” Heeji mused as Taeyong walked to her and kissed the side of her head, Jaerin smiled to herself.

“Yeah, want to join me inside? Some of the officials want to introduce themselves.” Taeyong asked gently, Heeji just nodded.

“Come on,” He said as he planted one hand on her back.

“Ya, are you okay?” Heeji asked as they headed back to the hall, Taeyong looked at her, his dark orbs meeting hers.

Heeji felt herself tense.

“I don’t know.” He quipped, and then he looked up just as the mayor of Seoul approached them.

Heeji’s forehead creased before facing the man and shaking his offered hand.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++