035

A Royal Pain In The

Taeyong was quiet as they were led to their table; Heeji sat down and pressed her tongue against the roof of .

She looked around and saw Jaerin, Jaehyun and Johnny chatting.

“The reporters were so happy when they saw me arrive by myself.” She said conversationally.

“I’m sure they did.” He nodded simply. Heeji bit her lip briefly.

“Can I ask where you went?” She asked quietly.

“Just somewhere.” Taeyong replied shortly, she bit the insides of her cheek.

“Well, I’m heading somewhere too.” She grabbed her purse and stood up, Taeyong halted.

“Heeji~”

“You made me face hoards of reporters alone, and I had to face so many new people and talk to them and act like I know ,” She said, her voice steely.

“I think I deserve more than six words from you as an explanation, but I’m a cool woman, I wont ask for it. I’ll just leave.” She stated before heading towards the backdoor.

 

 

“It doesn’t make sense. Why am I getting the attitude? I’m not the snake!” Heeji said as she opened the beer, Jaehyun just scratched the back of his head, he looked at Kai, asking for help, but the older male just looked on, amused.

“But, noona, you kind of started this. That plan of yours to~”

“I know! But he fought with her, just the two of them. Why does he have to be such an ~”

“Okay, good talk, bigung. Time to finish your beer.” Kai pushed her drink to as he saw Johnny and Taeyong step in the club.

“What’s a party without Park Chanyeol?” Heeji murmured as she set her can down, Jaehyun just brushed her hair away from her face.

“Noona, he’s here. Your husband.” He warned her, she made a face.

“Heeji, the guards worried when you~”

“I sent them a text, this club is probably more secure than a bank. All the cool kids are here.” She said as she turned to him, Johnny blinked at the tension between the two, Taeyong exhaled.

“Let’s talk.” He tried to take her hand, but Heeji stepped back.

“We don’t have to act here, this is a club. You can go..somewhere.” She pointed out before walking towards to where Jaerin and Ten were munching on snacks.

“Aigoo, seja jeonha, what did you do?” Johnny chuckled as he sat down on the stool. Jaehyun glanced at Kai briefly.

“Exactly, what did you do to annoy her? Heeji rarely gets annoyed.” Kai mused as he plopped down.

Taeyong’s brows furrowed before calling the bartender.

“Ahyoung.” He spoke, Kai’s brows went up. Jaehyun pulled Kai with him away from the two.

“Hyung too, you’re a troublemaker. So it’s best if we don’t eavesdrop.” The youngest Jung nodded as they walked away.

“It’s getting too tangled. Ten was right.” Taeyong glanced at Johnny briefly.

Johnny shook his head at him.

“We did try to warn you.” He said in a low tone.

“I know, but…wanting two people…is it possible?”

 

 

“Look, Heeji, I understand where you’re coming from, but you started it.” Jaerin pointed out.

“You think I don’t know?”

Jaerin grinned and just watched as the girl chugged down her beer.

“I’m just worried, to see how…Ahyoung has this hold on him…that it would affect…his duty to family, I just…” Heeji bit her lower lip.

“Ya, what if this plan backfires on you?”

“How?”

“What if you fall for him?” Jaerin’s words were blunt. Heeji chuckled.

“What a joke then.”

“I’m serious. What if you end up…having feelings for the prince?”

Heeji saw Ten coming back with more food, her eyes went to Taeyong and Johnny.

“And I’m done for. Joke’s on Jung Heeji.”

Jaerin shook her head.

“You don’t think it will happen, huh, ice princess?” She taunted.

“It won’t.” She shrugged just as Ten reached them.

“Wanna bet on it?” Jaerin asked.

“How much?” She replied as she popped a piece of fruit in .

“You guys gambling again?” Ten grew amused.

“Two of my vintage Chanels.”

“Cool, I bet the Batmobile.”

“Deal.” Jaerin smiled and shook hands with her friend.

 

 

“What are you saying?” Johnny pretended to be shocked and confused.

I knew this would happen. Heeji has always been different to you. Hah!

Taeyong looked at her drink and let the liquid swirl inside the glass.

“Things are getting too complicated.” He stated.

“You thought you could balance everything.” Johnny said, Taeyong leaned back and took a long sip from his glass.

“Jung Heeji….is a threat.”

Johnny smiled and nodded.

“I kinda realized that when she dismantled and assembled an AK-47 in front of us.”

Taeyong smiled and nodded.

“So, what are you thinking?” Johnny asked.

“I don’t want to think about it.”

The Samsung heir grinned to himself.

“But you should, you might end up hurting them both.”

 

 

Heeji made her way to the restroom as her phone continued to ring; she locked the door behind her and picked it up.

“Young miss, uh, bigung~”

“Don’t be like that, ahjussi. Just speak freely.” She chuckled as she leaned back on the doors.

“I already got the information you asked for.”

Heeji looked at her reflection briefly.

“Go ahead.”

“Well, I got the reporter’s name, and you were right, young miss.”

“About what?”

“Ahyoung wanted him to write an article about him, and I managed to hack into his emails. There are...photos of them that could cause trouble.”

Heeji exhaled.

“What’s our next move, ahgassi?”

“First, I want you to send me copies of the information you gathered, next,”

Heeji heard someone knocking from the outside.

“I want to buy out the agency that reporter’s working for. I’ll ask Yunho opppa for help. Thank you so much, ahjussi.”

“Anytime, young miss.”

 

 

“S-Sehun-ah,” Kai stuttered, Sehun was standing by the bar, and his eyes were on Taeyong.

“Whoa, you’re actually here.” Sehun commented, Taeyong met his gaze evenly.

“Taeyong,” Johnny warned.

“For someone who let his wife be attacked by reporters just because he can’t control his other woman, you’re pretty brazen to be showing yourself here.”

Taeyong’s jaw twitched, Kai started to panic slightly.

“For someone who told her she wasn’t good enough and runs back to try winning her back, you’re pretty brazen too.” The prince slid down from his stool, Jaerin and Jaehyun both started to walk towards them, trying to cover the group from prying eyes.

“What?” Sehun spat, Taeyong buried his hands in his pockets.

“Heeji tells me things, because she knows she can trust me and that I wouldn’t leave her.”

Johnny looked at Jaehyun and mouthed, “Heeji?”

The younger male just shook his head; he had no idea where his cousin had gone.

“You would leave her for Ahyoung, I can bet on that.” Sehun smirked.

“How much are you willing to bet?” Taeyong challenged

“What?”

“If I choose her, how much will you be shelling out?” Taeyong buried his hands in his pockets.

Jaerin balked, Johnny crossed her arms.

“Ch—choose her?” Kai blinked, Sehun chuckled.

“I’m serious.” Taeyong’s eyes were cold and taunting.

“If I choose Jung Heeji,” He took a step closer to him, Johnny’s brows rose.

“How much are you willing to lose?”

 

 

“You’ll choose Jung Heeji?” A feminine voice made him look up, behind Ten and Heeji, Jung Ahyoung stood, her eyes glued on him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++