011

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

Jaerin looked up as Heeji returned to their table, she noticed that her friend’s brows were knitted together.

“Did something happen?” Taeyong spoke.

“Just..dirty cubicles.” Heeji nodded as she pulled the pie closer to her.

“How would you like it if I bring her along this weekend?” Taeyong asked, Johnny paused.

“Her?” The Seo heir echoed.

“Oh, taeja and I made a deal. He’d introduce me to his girlfriend.” Heeji beamed before taking a small piece of her apple pie.

Johnny nodded while mentally questioning his friend for such a suggestion.

“Wow, that sounds so wrong.” Jaerin nodded to herself.

“Jaerin-ssi, you can come join us too.” Taeyong offered.

“We should try being captured by the paparazzi later, eomma suggested that I look visible next to you.” Heeji made a face while chewing.

“This is why you decided not to wear the uniform today, to look visible?” Taeyong mused, she sent him a look.

“I have a thing later this noon. So, I gotta dress up properly, anyway, thanks for this. I have to head to class.” Heeji gathered her backpack and forced the remaining of the pie into .

She slapped Johnny’s arm before leaving.

“Are..you really sure she’s going to be the next queen? I worry for your family.” Jaerin said quietly before following her friend.

 

 

Heeji leaned back on her seat as the professor continued on with the lecture, she stared at her blank notebook again.

“Why are you here? Why are you back?” She whispered, her brows furrowing.

“Miss Jung?”

She looked up, professor was looking at her questioningly.

“Yes, sir?” She stood up, and then she noticed the two men in dark suits standing by the door.

“You’re excused from the rest of the period, you don’t need this review anyway.” The man smiled warmly as she picked up her backpack.

“Thanks, mister Noh.” She grinned back before following the two males. She paused when she saw a familiar figure standing by a black Rolls Royce.

“The chair~”

The car’s door opened, revealing a tall good looking male with a warm smile on his face.

“Jung Yunho!” Heeji chuckled before running over to hug her older cousin.

“I decided to come by and check on you, the school said you were one of the kids who could afford to skip class.” Yunho chuckled as he let her go.

“Heol, are you being a bad influence now?” She snorted, Yunho smiled and just patted her head.

“Where do you want to go? Ice cream?” He asked as he opened the door for her, Heeji paused when she felt someone looking at them, she glanced back and found Taeyong by the marble steps, flanked by Ten and Johnny.

His brows rose when he met her gaze, Heeji gave him a small shrug. Then he smiled before mouthing her to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

Heeji gave them a small wave before getting inside the Rolls Royce.

 

 

Taeyong glanced up as Ahyoung took her seat next to his.

“I read your text,” She started as she faced him, Taeyong nodded.

“Do you have time?”

“I’ll be there. What time will you be passing by?” Ahyoung smiled at him, Taeyong paused.

“I don’t think I can. Ever since the news of the engagement, more guards were assigned to me and there are more eyes on me now.” Taeyong said carefully, Ahyoung paused, her forehead creased.

“Ahyoung-ah, I’m sorry. I can ask~”

“It’s fine. I understand.” Ahyoung nodded quickly, Taeyong exhaled and reached for his bag, then he paused when noticed something hanging on one of the zips.

“It’s a car key.” Ahyoung spoke as she noticed the Lego Batman keychain.

And then Tayeong saw the post-it stuck on the key.

If you need an escape, to the Batmobile!

Keep this, you need it more than I do. –JHJ

Taeyong smiled and looked at Ahyoung, she blinked at him.

“Wanna step out for a while?”

 

 

The two cousins ended up at the Dior Café in Gangnam, Yunho grew aware of the stares his cousin was earning.

“How is it? Can you go out alone?” He asked her as their coffees and cakes arrived.

“Yeah, but the palace insists that I take my guards with me. Imagine, two Mercedes Benz coupes, tailing a monster truck.” She chuckled, Yunho grinned.

“Heeji-yah, I know I’m the worst for just showing up now, you’ve been home for quite a while now,”

“Oppa, it’s fine. I know you’re busy.” She mused before picking up her fork.

“I just want you to know that, you don’t have to do this. Marrying into the royal family, it’s not totally necessary,” Yunho told her.

Heeji sighed.

“Oppa, I know what I have to do. This wedding has to happen to ensure LG’s future. You don’t have to do this. I know what I’m doing.” She smiled, Yunho felt guilt eating him.

“Heeji, listen~”

“Let’s not talk about it, Jung Yunho-ssi. I’ve already decided on it. No need to feel bad for me.” She said before taking a piece of her melon tart.

“I met him a few days ago, that person.” Yunho stated carefuly, Heeji paused.

“I didn’t know he was going back to work.” She replied curtly before taking a sip from her latte.

“He said he needed to talk to you, Heeji.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, oppa. We’re done.” She gave him a small smile before leaning back on her seat.

“Even he can’t stop you from getting married?” Yunho asked.

“Chaebol brat or crown prince? Of course, crown prince.” She smirked before looking at her tart again, but Yunho saw the way her brows furrowed briefly.

 

 

It’s still him, huh, Heeji?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++