052

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji let out a big sigh as she stepped inside their quarters, Taeyong was walking behind her, talking with the head palace guard.

“Then, rest well, your highnesses.” The male bowed before leaving them, Heeji made a face before plopping down on the couch.

“An earful, huh?” Taeyong was smiling as he sat down beside her.

“Remind me not to disappear for two weeks again.” She smiled weakly before leaning against him.

“Cheer up, princess. We have to face the press in a few days.”

She groaned.

Taeyong chuckled and just kissed the side of her head.

“This is funny because, we’re both adults, university students, and we’re grounded.” She muttered.

“Not exactly, I mean, well,” Taeyong trailed off, Heeji grinned.

“I mean, unless it’s an official schedule, we can’t go to other places, just school then palace.” She pointed out.

“I accept that, I have to..in a way, repent for all my mistakes.” Taeyong nodded and leaned back.

“But, I really want to go out, you know. Have fun with the gang and just..eat.” She shrugged, then Taeyong started to grin.

“Shall we sneak them in the palace instead of us sneaking out?”

Heeji turned to face him.

“You can do that?” She blinked.

“Anything for Jung Heeji.” He just kissed her nose and smiled.

“Of course.”

 

 

“Noona!” Jaehyun was smiling as he entered the quarters, Heeji smiled before hugging her cousin.

“It’s good that you finally decided to appear.” Yunho said as he walked towards them, he greeted Taeyong with a handshake, he saw Ten and Johnny walk in and approached his secretary.

“Heeji!” Jaerin squealed as she jogged towards her, the maids looked one in worry as the girl maneuvered around the furniture.

“Ya, we saw each other earlier.” Heeji chuckled before letting her friend hug her.

“It’s my first time at your house. It’s perfect.”

“Baby girl,” Chanyeol walked towards them with open arms, but guards blocked his view before he could approach her.

Chanyeol scrunched his nose at them, Taeyong chuckled.

“It’s okay. He’s a good friend of the bigung.” He spoke; Heeji nodded and patted one of the guards.

“I’m hurt, never mind.” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out and walked towards the buffet table.

“How are things? Have you spoken to the elders?” Jaerin asked as they sat down, Heeji waved at Yuta and Kai as they entered.

“Well, yeah, but not properly, it was all rushed. We had to do the interviews for the media. It was…a headache.”

“What do you mean?” Jaerin asked, Heeji leaned back on the couch and watched as Johnny and Jaehyun attacked the mini sandwiches.

Taeyong was chatting with Chanyeol and Kai, the prince had recently grown an interest with monster trucks lately.

“We have this dinner tomorrow, just the royal family. I have feeling I’ll get grilled.”

Jaerin chuckled.

“That’s normal.” Yuta mused as he plopped down beside them and placed a plate of food before them.

“You ladies should eat up, ”

“And I’m glad you decided to remain as crown princess, Heeji.” He bumped fists with her.

“Should I get Katsu a sibling?” She asked him. Jaerin snorted.

“You have other obligations, bigung mama.” Yuta mused.

 

 

Heeji leaned back against the railings, enjoying the chilly night breeze around her as she watched her friends. Jaehyun saw her and waved.

She grinned back before facing the gardens.

“Having fun?”

Taeyong walked up behind her and pulled her towards him.

“Yeah, thanks for doing this.” She smiled, Taeyong chuckled.

“Is something bothering you?”

Heeji faced him and chewed on her lip.

“I just realized how….cold I was for just..suddenly disappearing on you, I mean, I knew…I just feel bad about it.” She murmured before wrapping her arms around his neck, Taeyong smiled and just kissed the side of her head.

“It’s okay, Jiji. I understand. You needed some space.” He said.

“So, is there anyway we can escape dinner tomorrow?” She pulled back to meet his gaze, Taeyong chuckled and shook his head.

“That’s pushing it, bigung.” He mused before pressing his lips against hers.

“I know. And, I love you too, seja.” She winked as she pulled back from him, Taeyong blinked and she chuckled before running back into the living room.

Taeyong just smiled to himself before following her.

 

 

Heeji chewed on her lip as she looked at the doors before her, she felt Taeyong’s hand on the small of her back, and she glanced at him.

“I can’t do this. What if they~”

“No, they don’t hate you, Heeji. They know you needed to get away from everything.” He said reassuringly, she exhaled and puffed her cheeks.

The doors opened and Taeyong took her hand as they stepped in, Heeji had a polite smile on her face as she bowed to the elders, the queen dowager stood up to hugged her warmly.

“It’s good to see you, bigung.” She said with a smile.

“Thank you for having me, mama.” She nodded; Taeyong let go of her hand.

“Sit down, taeja, bigung,” The queen spoke, Heeji was guided by a maid to her seat, Taeyong pulled the chair for her.

“The kitchen made some of our prince’s favorite dishes as well as the princess’s.” She stated as maids placed several dishes on the table, Heeji could feel the tense atmosphere around the table; she glanced at the king briefly.

“Don’t worry, I wont reprimand you two again.” The king cleared his throat, Heeji picked up her chopsticks and puffed her cheeks.

“But, we have a reminder for you two,”

“What is it, pyeha?” Heeji asked, Taeyong glanced at his father briefly.

“The palace has been too quiet lately and I realized,” It was Taeyong’s grandmother who spoke.

“Well, it has been a while since our princess joined us as family. And Heeji, thank you for coming back, it was really disheartening when I heard the you left the palace.”

Heeji just nodded and smiled at the elder.

“And while you were away, I realized one thing,”

“What did you realize, halmamama?” Taeyong set his spoon down.

“We only have adults residing in the palace.” She replied, Heeji saw the queen smile and wiped her lips delicately.

“Adults?” Taeyong looked confused.

“Isn’t time for us to hear children’s laughter within our halls? Toddlers running about, causing messes and~”

Heeji choked on her food and quickly grabbed her glass.

“I..don’t understand,” Taeyong blinked.

“We want to know why the princess isn’t pregnant yet.” The queen asked bluntly, Taeyong balked at his mother.

“Uh, uhm, hwanghu mama, Taeyong and I, we haven’t…discussed about that yet.” Heeji stuttered, Taeyong started to smile and shake his head.

“This is not a laughing matter, seja. The royal family must produce heirs.” The king said awkwardly, clearly, he was just as uncomfortable as them, but his mother and wife were not having it.

Heeji sent him a look.

“Well, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I’ve always wanted children of my own.” He smiled, and reached to touch Heeji’s cheek briefly, breaking protocol in front of the elders.

“Good then!” His grandmother beamed at him, Heeji eyed him warily.

 

 

 

“I love you.” He mouthed at her before gesturing for her to eat.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

(07/30/17)

 

tumblr_or6kygUvyY1vtg1ulo1_500.gif

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!