027

A Royal Pain In The

“You mean...your family lied?” Taeyong asked, Heeji nodded and just sat down on her bed.

“Yeah, I guess appa purposely planted those two employees gossiping outside his office when I came by.” She trailed off, not bothering to dry her wet hair.

“Heeji, I~”

“Don’t say that, it’s not your fault.” She shrugged at him, Taeyong sighed and sat down beside her.

“So, I was tricked into marrying you, here I was being stupid, thinking I’d be saving generations of Jungs, but in truth,”

“I’m the one who needs saving.” She shook her head; Taeyong just placed his hand over hers.

“We both need it.”

“Huh?”

“The king found out about us….escaping,”

Heeji started to grin in amusement.

“How?”

“When you suddenly disappeared, I had to call the guards to locate you.” Taeyong said carefully, Heeji nodded.

“Next time...can you at least tell me where you’re heading off?” He asked.

“I will, sorry, I forgot about that.” Heeji smiled and squeezed his hand.

“Go to sleep, bigung.” He said as he stood up.

“Thanks..for picking me up.” Heeji said as she pulled the covers to her.

“Of course.” Taeyong just nodded before leaving the room.

 

 

Ahyoung stepped in the dining room only to find Mrs. Jung frowning as she looked at her phone.

“Is something wrong, eomma?” She asked as she sat down, she glanced up as her father stepped in.

“It’s your sister,” He said curtly as he went to his seat.

“Why?”

“It’s been two days and she hasn’t returned any of our calls, she’s even had Jaehyun and Yunho blocked.”

Ahyoung grew confused.

“But, why would she do that?”

“Heeji...she found out that we lied to her.” Mr. Jung nodded as he picked up his coffee.

“You lied to her?” Ahyoung was surprised.

“We made her think that if she didn’t marry Taeyong, then LG would suffer losses and go bankrupt.”

She closed her eyes in annoyance.

“But, Ahyoung-ah, if you~”

“Why did you have to lie in the first place?” She said, unable to keep her annoyance as she stood up.

“Dear, please~”

“I’ll be having breakfast on my way to school.” She quipped before leaving the room, seconds later; they heard a car speeding away from the property.

 

 

Heeji sat down and set her laptop before her, she opened the device and started to work on her report.

“How long are you going to do this?” Jaerin asked, she glanced at the two guards standing a few meters away from them.

“Exams are coming up.” Heeji murmured as she continued to type.

“Heeji, what you’re doing to Jae~”

Heeji shook her head at the girl, she looked up and saw Taeyong and Ahyoung step out of the building together, and she looked around them. Some students were glancing at her then back at the two.

Her brows met briefly.

“They shouldn’t act like this,” Jaerin mumbled.

“It’s fine, let them be.” Heeji stated, then a loud purr made the students look up, a black Nissan GTR was pulling to a halt in front of their building.

Heeji saw Ahyoung halt when she saw the driver slide down from the seat.

“Isn’t that~”

Heeji stood up, the two guards followed her as she walk, she passed by Taeyong and Ahyoung as they made their way towards the car.

Some female students blushed when they saw the owner of the car.

“Bigung,” Kai winked at her as she reached him.

“You’re bold, coming over here.” She mused, Kai shrugged and handed her a silver flash drive.

“What’s this?”

“Stuff you asked for.”

"Illegal ." Heeji kidded.

"It's just a few photos and things..that will make you question..a lot."

Heeji nodded and quickly dropped it inside her pocket, Kai glanced behind her.

“Whoa, now that I’m seeing it with my own eyes...” He shook his head slightly.

“It looks like a bomb that’s just ticking.” Kai finished.

“Jaehyun asked to me t~”

“Nope. Not going to listen to that crap.” She nodded, Kai chuckled and just opened his arms to her.

“We should~”

“Bigung,”

She turned; Taeyong was making his way towards them.

“Taeyong, this is a close friend of mine, Kai oppa. We went to high school together.” She smiled, Kai looked at the prince before bowing politely.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Taeyong nodded and placed one hand on her back as he spoke. Kai smirked before reaching out to poke Heeji’s cheek and jogging back to his car.

“Call me!” Heeji called.

Kai winked at her before speeding away.

 

 

“Why does she have so many male friends?”

“Model worthy male friends.” Jaerin said to Ten, Johnny chuckled as they watched the scene unfold. Taeyong had stepped away from Ahyoung the moment he saw Kai.

“Look at that.” Johnny nudged Jaerin.

“We shouldn’t be supporting that kind of~”

“Ten, please.” Jaerin rolled her eyes.

“Think about it, I acknowledge the fact that Taeyong seems a little too overprotective when it comes to her, but what if Ahyoung gets mad? Think about how much damage that girl can cause.”

“But what if Taeyong doesn’t choose her? What will you do then? I mean, look at that possessive hand on the back!” Johnny said adamantly while jutting his lips towards the couple.

Jaerin exhaled.

You have no idea.

 

 

“Just how many more friends do you have?” Taeyong asked playfully as they walked together.

“A lot.” She nodded, then Taeyong paused beside her.

“Mwoya, you’re actually wearing the school’s uniform now.” He smiled as he looked at her skirt, he noticed her laces were untied.

“You ert.” She almost kicked his shin, Taeyong chuckled.

“It’s just amazing, you were so decided on that rebellion.”

Heeji shrugged and jut looped one arm around his.

“Hey,” Taeyong nudged her, she glanced at him.

“Feel better, okay?”

Heeji shook her head and looked at the ring on her finger.

“I..I’m not even mad anymore, I’m..speechless.” She finished.

"Still, Jiji, they're your family."

"Yeah, my family who sold me off~"

“Don’t move.” He said quickly before going down on one knee to tie the laces of her sneakers, Heeji heard some of the students gasp, she even saw Johnny taking photos like a proud mom.

“Thanks, wangseja.” She nodded as Taeyong stood up again, then he looked to his left, Heeji followed his gaze.

She felt her insides boil.

 

 

“Heeji~”

Taeyong was cut off when his wife suddenly turned away from him and started to march towards to where Ahyoung and Jaehyun were standing.

He had noticed that the two were talking a few seconds ago, his eyes went to Heeji as she crossed the lawn.

Taeyong shook his head and followed her, then to his shock, Heeji stopped in front of them.

Jaehyun’s eyes were wide as Heeji yanked off Ahyoung’s hand on her cousin’s shoulder.

“You snake! Get your hands off him.” Heeji snapped, Taeyong stopped on his tracks.

“Omo, Heeji-yah, I was just dusting off~”

“I said stay away.” She hissed, she saw Ahyoung raise her brows at her in a challenging manner.

Heeji pushed her away; Ahyoung stumbled down on the grass. Taeyong rushed to them.

“Ya, Jung Heeji!” Taeyong stepped between them, Heeji’s eyes widened when her gaze met his.

“Noona~”

 

 

Heeji shook her head before running towards the building behind them.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++