041

A Royal Pain In The

 

Taeyong stepped out from his room when he saw the Rolls Royce pull over, he saw Heeji walk in through the front doors, she dismissed the maids and headed for her room.

Taeyong sighed and just walked towards the living room, minutes later, Heeji stepped out for her room, wrapped in a black towel.

She didn’t see him as she passed by, Taeyong watched as the girl walked to the outdoor pool.

He crossed his arms and walked towards the glass windows, she was sitting by the pool, her legs submerged in the water.

His brows furrowed.

“Why…Why did you hide this from me?” He murmured to himself, and then she jumped into the pool.

“Seja,” A male guard walked up to him, he faced the male.

“I have been sent to check on the princess~”

Tayeong blocked him.

“She just arrived, she’s fine. You don’t have to check on her.”

“But hwanghu mama ordered~”

“She’s fine. It’s too late for her to be called to the main palace.” Taeyong said sharply, the guard bowed before leaving.

Taeyong faced the windows again, and found dark brown orbs staring back at him.

He exhaled before turning away from her and heading back to his room.

 

 

Jaehyun stepped down from his car when he heard someone call his name; he looked up and saw a familiar looking male grinning at him.

Konbanwa.

“Hyung!” He grinned, the older male walked to him.

“I’m here to check on the princess. I hear she’s still a pain in the .” He mused.

“You have no idea.” Jaehyun nodded, he laughed.

“How is she?”

Jaehyung paused and bit his lower lip.

“She…She really needs your company right now.” He said quietly, the male paused.

“Wae?”

“Things..aren’t going so well.”

“Well, I brought her child over. She’ll feel better in no time.” He gestured towards the Katsura Orange Nissan GTR parked before them.

 

 

Heeji sat down and looked at her reflection, she tied her hair up and fixed the lapels of her uniform.

“Mama, seja jeonha has gone ahead.” A maid announced from the doors, her brows met briefly.

“Wait!” She called as she stood up and ran out of the room. She made her way towards the front door.

“Taeyong-ah!” She called, Taeyong halted in front of his car, the guards bowed politely as she went down the steps.

“We need to talk.” She said as she reached him.

“There’s nothing to~”

“I know you have questions and I’m sorry I kept this from you.”

Taeyong exhaled and faced her.

“Of all things that you can hide from me,” He shook his head at her.

“You don’t understand, Ahyoung…is bad for the family, she~”

“You..You are just like your grandfather. A heartless tyrant.” Taeyong stated flatly, Heeji’s eyes widened.

“What—What did she tell you?”

“Only the fact that she’s your sister. But judging from the way you’re reacting, there’s must be more.” He replied flatly.

“Taeyong, I~”

“Look, Heeji,” He stepped away from her, she looked down.

“I care about you, okay? I worry over you, but right now, I don’t think I can deal with this yet. I love Ahyoung, and knowing that…you two are somehow related..it’s just confusing for me. I’m sorry I have to go.” He finished before sliding inside the BMW.

 

 

“Oppa, hi.” Heeji had her phone pressed against her ear as she stepped out of the lecture hall. Her two guards immediately followed her as she moved.

“So, what you asked for,”

“Thank you.” She smiled, Yunho snorted.

“Some…We found something odd, Heeji. I think we should tell~”

“, no.” She stated.

“Heeji,”

“I was right, huh? She..was just using him.” She murmured as she reached the stairs, she saw Jaehyun and Johnny waving her over.

“Yeah, it seems that…she approached him specifically back in Taeyong’s freshman year. She won him over..by playing…innocent, and..got into the clubs he was in. And she has copies of his schedule too, class assignments, passwords and even access to his movements in the palace.”

“No.” Heeji suddenly halted, she could see Ahyoung and Taeyong walking together towards the library.

“Heeji, I know this is~”

“She…No—No, oppa, I’ll call you later, but now~”

“Heeji-yah,”

Heeji froze on the steps, a male was staring back at her.

“J—Jaebum-ah.”

“I heard one of my friends became a part of the royal family, I wanted to personally check.” He said as he walked towards her.

“..Friends?”

“I’m sorry, for leaving you like that.” He said quietly, tears started to line her eyes, Jaebum smiled before opening his arms to her.

“Friends?” She asked again while hugging him, Jaebum just nodded and patted her back.

“I realized that you were right, we shouldn’t cover this up. It was Ahyoung’s mistake not yours.”

 

 

Taeyong sat in front of Ahyoung, she offered him a smile before pushing the cup of ice coffee towards him.

“Why?” He spoke.

“What?”

“Why did you not tell me? I..understand Heeji’s side, things got complicated for her before out wedding, but you,”

Ahyoung winced.

“There are things…I never want to be mentioned,” She started, Taeyong leaned forward.

“We were in high school then, you know, that stage, we decided to be..experimental. Slipping inside clubs and bars, getting drunk and just…basically messing around.”

“Then, one night, Heeji got a little too daring…..Drugs.”

Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“I don’t know where she got a hold of them, but she managed to acquire quite a number. She forced us to join her, she even checked in a hotel. Jaehyun was with us, also..drinking and taking those..pills.” Ahyoung shook her head.

“We all passed out, then suddenly I woke up, and I saw Jaehyun so pale and having seizures. It was alcohol poisoning and a drug overdose.” She said softly, Taeyong grew speechless.

“He..almost died that night. Good thing Kai and Chanyeol arrived and helped us.”

“What happened next?”

“Heeji…good little Heeji tried to cover it up, by using me. She..claimed that I had planned it all. Drugging them, luring Jaehyun in..and seducing him so that I could be a Jung.”

“A—Ahyoung,” Taeyong frowned.

“In others words, she made it look like I wanted to take advantage of Jaehyun and I wanted a chunk of that Jung money,” Tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Ahyoung, I’m sorry.”

“Aniya, you should know. I should have told you all this since the beginning.” She murmured and brushed her tears away.

“It was really messy back then, she kept on calling me names..and finally, she said it. She wanted her parents to throw me out. Because I wasn’t even really a part of the family.”

Taeyong didn’t know what to say.

“And then abeoji sent her away to Japan.” She finished.

“I was actually worried when I found out that she’d be flying back, and then the news broke out. That she was going to be your wife.”

“Ahyoung-ah, I~”

“That’s why I asked you to take my side, because I know you two have been friends for a long time. And of course, it’s Jung Heeji.” She nodded.

“You must have suffered.” Taeyong sighed, she shrugged.

“Seeing you choose her over and over again…that was really difficult for me.” She replied as she slowly stood up.

“Ahyoung~”

 

“I want to be alone. I’ll..call you later.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++