032

A Royal Pain In The

 

The car pulled over in front of the building, Taeyong glanced at Heeji briefly. The guards went down to open the doors; he blinked when he saw her waiting for him.

“You promised me lunch yesterday,” She said as he walked to her.

“I’ll wait for you outside then.” He nodded at her.

“But, without our friends, just the two of us.” She smiled at him, Taeyong nodded.

“That sounds good.” He said as he righted the strap of her backpack on her shoulder.

Her eyes went to the top of the stairs briefly, she saw Ahyoung standing with Johnny and Ten.

“I’m sorry for being difficult lately,” She said as she stepped closer to him and reached out to brush his bangs away from his face.

“Things have been..really.. crazy for me, with the whole Jung betrayal and..you know.” She nodded quickly, Taeyong smiled.

“It’s fine. I’m glad you feel better now.” He caught her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“See you later then, seja.” She said playfully before going up the stairs, she met eyes with Ahyoung and for a moment, a smirk appeared on her face as she saw the other girl curling her fists.

 

 

“What was that show earlier?” Chanyeol mused as he set his books down, Jaerin looked at her friend.

“A defensive tactic.” She flipped her hair once, Jaehyun just blinked at her.

“I have a feeling she and Kai are working together again.” Chanyeol said worriedly.

“Noona,”

“I won’t take advices, but you guys have to know the truth.”

“Truth?” Jaerin echoed.

“The photos yesterday, Ahyoung is behind it. Even the articles about me, it was all her.”

“What?” Jaerin snapped, Jaehyun shook his head.

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked worriedly.

“I’m sure. So it got me thinking,” Heeji her lips and leaned back on her seat.

“Shall I make her suffer too? Because, I have a free pass, and she doesn’t.”

“What free pass?” Jaerin asked, confused.

“I have a feeling I know what it is.” Jaehyun muttered.

“Taeyong.”

“Huh?” Chanyeol asked.

“They can’t exactly date openly, while I can play perfect wife as much as I can.”

“Yup. I knew it.” Jaehyun nodded.

“What happened to…I don’t want to destroy this couple..thing you had going on?” Chanyeol asked.

“I threw it the moment I saw her meeting up with a reporter with a bunch of photos of the two of them together. If she’s doing what I think she’s doing then the crown prince’s claim to the throne is in danger.” Heeji explained.

“Is this all worth it?” Jaerin asked her, Heeji nodded slowly.

“Noona, but still, they’re in a relationship.” Jaehyun argued.

“How sure are you that she’s not just using him? You of all people should now that.”

Chanyeol looked away, Jaehyun puffed his cheeks.

“If she really loves him, she wouldn’t even post those photos the first place.”

 

 

“I don’t see Batman bigung.” Johnny said as he joined the table, Jaerin puffed her cheeks.

“Taeyong’s not at our table too.” Ten said as he glanced behind them, Ahyoung was sitting alone.

“Something must have come up at the palace again.” Jaehyun shrugged.

“I think they went out to grab lunch together.” Jaerin added coyly, Johnny grinned.

“That’s good then, with all those rumors surrounding them, they really have to be careful now.” Ten nodded.

“I think its Taeyong who has to be careful.” Jaerin murmured to herself.

“But,” Ten glanced over at Ahyoung.

“Don’t you think it’s too coincidental?” Jaerin cleared , Jaehyun panicked slightly.

“In those photos, Ahyoung’s face was blurred. It’s as if those gossip mongers want to protect her.” She finished.

“You have a point.”

“Guys. I don’t think~”

“They made Heeji look like the bad person, but truthfully, Ahyoung is the third party. So I don’t understand why they are demanding an apology from the crown princess.”

 

 

Heeji looked up when a white plastic bag appeared before her.

“I bought you ice cream so, talk to me.” Taeyong said playfully, she grinned and opened the bag and a pint of salted caramel ice cream greeted her.

“Do you want to walk to the restaurant?” She asked as she slid down from the table, they were at the campus’s gardens.

“Sounds good.” He nodded, Heeji picked up her backpack and started to walk.

“About last night, with eommamama~”

“It’s fine, we don’t have to talk about it.” She smiled before looping her arm around his, Taeyong glanced at her briefly.

“Ani, we need to.”

Heeji puffed her cheeks.

“Why did you lie?” He asked quietly, students glanced at them as they passed by, Heeji sighed and just leaned her head on his shoulder.

“If I told her who Ahyoung is, what would happen? Then they would find out.” She reasoned.

“You’re trying to protect me.” Taeyong stated, confused.

“We made a deal, seja jeonha. I got your back and you better~”

“Yes, yes, I got your back too.” He chuckled heartily, she nodded.

“But, Taeyong-ah,” She halted in front of him. Taeyong met her gaze evenly.

“I have a favor to ask,” She said carefully, she was aware of the eyes on them.

“What is it? Firing range with Kai again?”

She shook her head.

“Being too...open and..casual with Ahyoung here in school...can...can you lessen it a bit?”

Taeyong blinked.

“It’s just that with the recent scandal, there are more eyes on us, and I don’t want you to get in to more trouble. In exchange, I’ll be more careful too, no more alone time with Kai oppa or Chanyeol oppa.”

Taeyong didn’t know what to say, but he knew she was right.

“A lot of students here too are wondering why you’re always seen with Ahyoung, I just don’t want rumors to start. This isn’t because of my negative feelings towards her,” She said as she reached for the sleeve of his jacket and tugged on it.

“I just feel like we should be more cautious right now.” She finished and met his gaze with a small smile.

“Okay, I understand. Thank you for worrying about me, Jiji.” He nodded before gently brushing her hair down.

“Now, let’s go. I’m hungry.” Taeyong took her hand in his as they crossed the street.

 

 

Ahyoung stepped back from the glass windows just as the couple crossed the street to exit the campus, a black Rolls Royce was following them at a distance just to ensure their safety.

Her brows were knitted together as she pulled back

Her phone pinged; she took out the device and opened the message.

I told you stay away, but you didn’t. – Heeji

Ahyoung shook her head and walked out of the cafeteria.

“Oh, it’s on, Jung Heeji.” She said darkly as she headed for her car, then she heard some students chatting

“So cute, they’re out on a date.” The girl chuckled.

Ahyoung halted.

“People were wrong, they are doing so well. I’ve never seen the prince smile like that.”

“And, the way he takes care of her, it’s so sweet!”

“They are a perfect couple, why are people still doubting them?”

"Who would even try to get in between them? He looks at her differently."

 

 

Ahyoung let out a shaky breath before going inside her car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++