010

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

A guard rushed to open the door as the couple stepped out, Heeji glanced at the restaurant briefly before sliding inside the black Rolls Royce.

“Where to, seja jeoha?” The driver asked as soon as the door was closed, Heeji sat down beside Taeyong, staring at her fingers.

“Where do you want to go?” Taeyong asked her, Heeji glanced at her briefly.

“Heeji-yah,”

She just shook her head.

“Home. I want to go home.”

Taeyong gave a nod to his guards and the car started to move, Heeji leaned back on her seat.

“Heeji, are you okay?” He noticed that her fingers were shaking.

“I got caught.” She said quietly.

“That person,” Taeyong looked at her, her brows furrowed.

“He was the boyfriend who left me a month ago,” She replied, Taeyong didn’t know what to say.

“Heeji, I’m sorry~”

“Don’t be. Thank you for being there, taeja jeoha. At least I get to rub it in his face that somehow I found someone better.” She shrugged, Taeyong exhaled, he could see how hurt she was, but as usual, Heeji would always try to hide what she really feels. Just like before.

“You can ask me why, relax.” Heeji glanced at him, then she slowly leaned her head on his shoulder.

“I can still do this, right? Just like the old days?” She asked quietly, Taeyong just nodded and let her lean on him.

“Why?” He asked, as he took notice of a small scar on the back of her palm, she got it when she was four. She was so adamant to ride a bike without training wheels. Taeyong could remember her mother trying to clean her wound and a pouty Heeji, wanting to get back on the bike again.

“Because I wasn’t good enough.” She shook her head slightly.

“Then he’s stupid.” Taeyong said simply, she smiled and looked up.

“That’s something my favorite royal would say.” She chuckled.

“He hit jackpot with you. Not so pleasing personality, the dry humor and worst temper~”

“Cut it out, Yongie.” She playfully snapped, Taeyong chuckled.

“Still, thanks for the save.” She raised her fist.

“Anything for Jung Heeji.” Tayeong replied before bumping fists with her.

 

 

Heeji stepped in through the front doors, Taeyong quietly followed her.

“Your parents?”

“They had some pressing matters in China.” She said flatly as they reached the living room, Taeyong chewed on his lip as he watched Heeji plop down on the sofa. He looked up and saw his guards enter the house as well.

He shook his head at them.

“But, jeoha, this~”

“Give us some privacy.” He stated, the four men nodded and proceeded to circle the property. Heeji just leaned back on the sofa and shook off her heels.

Taeyong made his way to the kitchen; he looked around uncertainly before picking up a mug and proceeded to make some tea.

Heeji looked up just as the crown prince set a bowl of popcorn in front of her.

“I thought you already left.” She blinked at him, he just gave her a smile before walking back to the kitchen again, and he came back with a cup of warm tea.

“I figured I needed to talk to you.” He stated as he sat down next to her.

She exhaled.

“Well, that’s it.” She stated.

“He’s stupid for thinking you’re not good enough for him,”

“You would have been his obstacle.” She said before getting some popcorn and shoved them in .

“Heeji, I’m~”

“You don’t have to worry about it; he’s not going to be a problem.” Heeji shrugged and just wrapped her fingers around her warm cup.

“I remember you liked lavenders, so lavender tea.” Taeyong smiled and offered one hand to her, she smiled before placing her hand over his.

“It’s going to be a crazy ride to make you king, huh?” She whispered, he chuckled and just kissed the side of her head.

“Just feel better, I need the old Heeji back if am to be king.”

She just snorted before leaning back on the couch with the bowl of popcorn on her lap.

 

 

Jaerin stared at the photos on the magazine, she was at their usual table as the exclusive lounge room, reading the gossip just like everybody else.

Paparazzi had managed to catch the Jung household staff loading Heeji’s things onto a black Mercedes Benz owned by the palace.

The royal fiancé was moving in with the family.

“Well, they sure do things fast.” Jaerin murmured just as a black Gucci backpack landed on her table, Heeji sans uniform sat down across her.

“Is this rebellion of yours going to last long?” She asked as she eyed the girl’s black skinny slacks get up, paired with a Gucci blouse and Hermes flats.

“It will. Long may she reign.” She mused, Jaerin just shook her head.

“I heard about the announcement, next week?” She asked, she saw Heeji pause briefly.

“It is, we’ve been tricked~”

Taeyong was standing by the empty chair between them, Jaerin stood up.

“Please, sit down.” Taeyong nodded to her, Heeji eyed him briefly.

“I’ve come to return your Batmobile.” He stated as he placed the key on the table, Heeji grinned before taking it.

“And, this is my friend, Jaerin. Jaerin, this is Taeyong.” Heeji said coolly as she took out her phone.

“It’s nice to meet you, jeoha,” Jaerin nodded as she shook Taeyong’s hand.

“Same here, it’s good knowing that Heeji has a friend.” He said lightly, and then they were joined by Johnny.

“Good to see you, Batman bigung.”

Heeji bumped fists with him.

“I don’t see Chittaphon.” She continued, Haerin just watched, amazed by how at home she was with the two males.

“He doesn’t have morning classes today, we agreed to meet up later for lunch,” Johnny continued.

“I have an idea,” Heeji spoke, she nudged Jaerin.

“How about we go out of town for a ride this weekend?” She started.

Game!” Johnny nodded.

“You want to go horseback riding? On an exam week?” Taeyong asked her.

“She’s been exempted to three of her exams, the last one, the professor just required her to turn in a paper.” Jaerin said begrudgingly.

“Whoa, Batman bigung is both beauty and brains.” Johnny chuckled.

“Don’t praise her too much.” Taeyong shook his head, then Heeji placed his phone across him.

“If my mom calls, put it on silent mode. If it’s Jaehyun or Yunho oppa tell them I’ll call them back.”

Then she stood up. Taeyong looked at her questioningly.

“Restroom.” She was about to leave when she turned to Taeyong again.

“Can you buy me one of those apple pies they sell by the coffee~”

Taeyong placed her phone in his pocket as he stood up, Johnny and Jaerin looked at the two curiously.

“Anything for Jung Heeji.” He rolled his eyes before approaching the food display, Heeji grinned before walking to the restrooms.

 

 

Heeji studied her reflection briefly, she was wearing the pearl earrings her grandfather had given years ago. Although she was still a little peeved with the whole marriage setup, she loved her grandfather a lot.

“Well, you always manage to get a good comeback, huh?”

She blinked and saw the reflection of the girl standing behind her, she crossed her arms as she met Heeji’s gaze through the mirror.

“I didn’t know you also study here.” She spat darkly, the girl smirked.

“You can’t do anything about it, the adults don’t listen to you. Not anymore.” She smirked before standing next to her.

Heeji faced the girl.

“You don’t belong here. You’re trash.”

“I’m trash? I’m not the one who was thrown away to Japan, darling.” She purred, Heeji curled her fists.

“Aigoo, poor bigung, gets shipped back here and is sold to the royal family.” The girl cackled.

“You can think whatever you want to, but unnie, don’t forget,” Heeji took one step towards her.

“I am a Jung. I have Jung blood. You’re just a big fat leech.”

The girl was about to raise her hand, but Heeji caught it and then she smirked.

 

“Admit it. Whatever you do, you will always be an outsider.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++