013

A Royal Pain In The

 

Jaerin bolted up from her seat as soon as she saw her friend, Johnny looked at her oddly.

“We already ordered for you.” Taeyong spoke as she reached their table, Heeji nodded. Jaerin nudged her briefly.

“Are you okay, bigung?” Ten asked her, Ahyoung’s brows went up at Ten’s words.

“Yeah, it’s been a while since I last rode.” She murmured, Johnny grinned and vacated his seat beside Taeyong.

“This is your place.” He mused before plopping down beside Ahyoung across Taeyong.

Heeji sat down; she looked at the plate before her briefly.

“You don’t look so well.” Taeyong said quietly.

“I still have to report back to my parents after this, and did I mention,” Heeji faced him.

“I don’t like carrots.” She pointed out, Taeyong chuckled.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t notice.” Taeyong mused as he switched salad bowls with her, Ahyoung looked up, her brows went up.

“I hope you like pasta and steak, we ordered them.” Ahyoung cleared , Jaerin looked at her friend.

“Who doesn’t?” Heeji nodded back before poking at her salad, Taeyong just shook his head at her. Ten and Johnny glanced at each other.

Something didn’t feel right.

“You two even went to the same highschool, Daehan High.” Taeyong said conversationally, Ahyoung looked up from her plate.

Jaerin wanted bang her head on the table.

“Weren’t you homeschooled? That’s how our friendship kinda ended.” Heeji nodded.

“Halmamama wanted it done that way, it was safer that way.” Taeyong rolled his eyes at her, Heeji grinned.

Ten picked up his lemonade and glanced at Heeji’s plate.

“Is the steak not to your liking?” He asked her, Taeyong followed his gaze.

“You seem to be the picky eater type, Heeji.” Ahyoung smiled.

“Ah, I’m sorry. It slipped my mind.” Taeyong bit his lip as he looked at the bits of shrimp on her pasta.

“It’s fine, I can~”

“Ani, are you trying to poison my spoiled brat?” A deep voice intervened.

 

 

Taeyong looked up and found a male standing behind Heeji’s table.

“Oppa!” Heeji stood up and almost tripped on her chair, but the male just grinned and caught her arm.

“Welcome back to Seoul, angel.” He chuckled before wrapping his arms around her, Johnny looked at Jaerin questioningly.

“Park Holdings’ only son. Park Chanyeol.” She whispered, Ahyoung glanced at the male, her brows met briefly.

“What’s this? You’re actually having a meal together with~”

Heeji’s palm shot up and covered his mouth, Chanyeol looked at her, wide-eyed.

Taeyong looked at the two, confused, then Heeji turned to face him.

“Will you excuse me?” She murmured before pulling her hand away from the male’s mouth. Chanyeol chuckled and just took her hand and pulled him to his table.

“Isn’t he a sunbae from school?” Ten murmured.

“Yeah, Chanyeol oppa.” Jaerin nodded.

“How do they know each other?” Taeyong asked while helping Ahyoung slice her steak.

Ahyoung’s eyes went to Chanyeol and Heeji, both were chatting in their usual manner.

“They met in high school, initially, he was friends with~ Uhm, just high school. They got along really well. And they became BFFs.” Jaerin nodded while biting her lip, she almost slipped.

Taeyong glanced at the table, Heeji was grinning as the male spoke to her, then he patted her head gently.

“In a way,” Jaerin said as she looked at the two.

“It would have been better if she ended up with him instead of the other guy.”

 

 

“What?” Chanyeol almost dropped his fork.

“Yeah, and to think I was the one who suggested to introduce me to his girlfriend and it turns out,” She sighed and leaned and pressed her cheek to her palm.

“So that’s why Ahyoung was there, I was thinking you two finally made~”

“Over my dead body.” She hissed, he grinned.

“So, how are you Jiji?” He asked while wiping the sides of his mouth.

“I have no problems marrying Taeyong, I mean it’s for LG, I need to save LG. But, this…” She looked at her phone.

“I…I just want things to go well, quietly and,” She glanced back at the table, Taeyong was chatting with Ahyoung and occasionally brushing her hair away from her face.

“Hey, this isn’t your problem, the only thing you should be worrying~”

“I’m worried for him. Taeyong. Because I can’t trust her. What if..” She trailed off.

“Ji, don’t go there, because if you do, then you’d be interfering. ”

“Oppa, we both know what she’s capable of.” She said quietly, Chanyeol sighed and just gently patted her head.

“I know, but…this isn’t your problem now. You have a bigger one; you’re about to become the crown princess. I’m worried for the whole nation.” He said lightly, Heeji grinned.

 

 

“Leaving already?” Jaerin frowned.

“We have some catching up to do.” Chanyeol grinned at her, Heeji walked up to them.

“It was nice meeting you, Jung Heeji-ssi.” Ahyoung gave her a pleasant smile, Chanyeol looked at his friend briefly.

“Let’s do this again soon.” Johnny bumped fists with Heeji.

“Of course, Samsung. I’ll see you at school, Chittaphon.” She grinned at Ten.

“Taeyong-ah, can I talk to you?” Heeji asked softly. Taeyong nodded and stood up.

“Aigoo, what could you two possibly be discussing about behind our backs?” Ahyoung said jokingly, Taeyong grinned.

“Right, what’s the big deal?” He nudged Heeji slightly, Chanyeol and Jaerin glanced at each other, both a little iffy.

“Oh, right.” Heeji chuckled, her eyes twinkled in a sardonic manner.

“I’m moving in the palace tonight.” She said boldly, Ahyoung paused.

“Tonight? Right away?” Ten blinked, Taeyong reached for her arm.

“Your father’s secretary called me earlier, I’ll see you at dinner.” Heeji smiled and shook his hand off.

“Heeji, I..I didn’t know~”

“Time to go, Jiji.” Chanyeol mused before placing one arm around her and pulling her away from the group.

Taeyong paused at the nickname, it sounded familiar in his ears.

“You’re right, Jaerin-ah, they do look good together.” Ten mused as they watched Heeji swatting the tall male’s hand away from her as they walked to the parking lot.

“But I have my money on Batman bigung.” Johnny said darkly before going back to his seat. Taeyong watched as the orange Mustang and black Huracan sped out of the parking lot. His brows met briefly.

“Taeyong-ah,” Ahyoung took his hand, he looked at her.

“It’s time for dessert.” She smiled before kissing his cheek and walking back to their table.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++