004

A Royal Pain In The

 

“How could you do this?” Heeji asked as she looked at the photo of her grandfather, she huffed before giving him a proper bow. She sat down and looked around the temple.

“You didn’t even mention anything about this when you were alive.” She chided again.

“Halmae said this was a promise you made with a friend,”

Heeji looked at his photo, her grandfather was smiling back at her, his warm eyes glowing.

“It had to be me, huh? Not Jaehyun or~”

“Excuse me,” A masculine voice made her pause, she looked up and found two males in dark suits standing by the doors.

“Did my father send you?”

They both shook their heads; Heeji rolled her eyes and stood up.

“But I’m still talking to him.” She pointed towards the photo of the deceased, the two males blinked.

“Who sent you then? I’m sure they can wait.” Heeji stated.

“Uhmm, young miss~”

“I sent them.” Another voice joined, Heeji watched as the two males made way for him and bowed as he passed.

Heeji grew confused.

“You’re here to visit my grandfather too?”

 

 

Taeyong felt his bodyguards tense when Heeji spoke informally.

“In a way, yes.” He replied, Heeji nodded as he joined her, he glanced at his guards briefly.

They both nodded and stepped away.

“You were gone for a while,” Taeyong started.

“I was in Japan, finishing school, but I was dragged back here.” She shrugged, he gestured for her to walk with him.

Heeji glanced at her grandpa’s photo again.

“Halbae, I’m still mad at you.” She muttered, Taeyong grew amused.

“So, what brings you here, seja?” Heeji asked as they stepped out of the temple.

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“I am so not in the mood to play tag or hide and seek.” She spoke. Taeyong shook his head with a smile.

“I’m assuming your parents already talked to you, that’s why you were…dragged here.”

“Halmae did the dragging.” She shrugged as they reached the open lawn.

“Did she explain why?” Taeyong asked.

“Yeah. She wants me to fulfill some promise. To marry some chaebol kid too.”

Taeyong paused, confused.

“They didn’t say who?” He asked carefully.

“Not really, they gave me this weird old looking box,” She stated as they reached the large koi pond, she looked at the large fishes briefly before facing him.

“But I left it at home. I don’t want to deal with it yet.”

Taeyong didn’t know what to say, Heeji knew but in a way she didn’t.

“So, why are you here?” Heeji asked again. Taeyong just met her gaze evenly, he exhaled before taking out the silver medal from his pocket.

“Oh, you have that too!” Heeji grinned and took it from him. Then he took out her photo from his coat pocket.

“Oh,” She blinked when she saw her photo.

“Did appa send you here because I stole his car?” She balked, Taeyong sighed.

“Heeji, I~”

“Holy .” She suddenly blurted.

Taeyong nodded at her.

“You’re the..chaebol kid I’m bound to marry?”

 

 

Jaerin took out her phone when she noticed that everybody was checking his or her devices.

“Did the school send an announcement again?” She mumbled as she opened hers.

Then she halted, almost colliding with the student across her.

“Hee…Heeji?” She stuttered when she read the headline.

“Bi..Bigung?”

“The prince is getting married!”

“It’s the new student. Batman!”

She looked around her, she saw Johnny and Ten reading the article as well, they looked as confused as everybody. But they didn’t seem to be surprised.

“Is this why she ditched class?” Jaerin blinked, then she felt someone tap her in tbe back.

“Jaehyun-ah,”

“It’s out, huh?”

“Does she…Did she know about this?” Jaerin asked as they walked together.

“That’s the problem, noona.” Jaehyun glanced at her.

“Huh?”

“She has no idea. Because she never listens.”

 

 

“Not exactly…chaebol but~”

“This is so not funny. That halbae,” Heeji started to march towards the temple again, but Taeyong caught her arm.

“Heeji-yah,”

She faced him.

“I didn’t…read that letter or even..” She trailed off.

“But you do remember? Our grandfathers they were always so close.”

“I do. But I didn’t know they were this close.” She pointed out, Taeyong bit his lip.

“Is there no way out, here? You’re the crown prince.” She stated, he shook his head.

“It’s my duty, Heeji. Even if I don’t want do it, I have to.”

“But this isn’t my duty.” She said, Taeyong blinked at her.

“Then again, if I run away from this,” She ran her fingers through her hair.

“I might lose all my credit cards and get cut off.”

“I don’t know if I should laugh at this or just be amused.” Taeyong stated, he saw his two guards approaching them.

“Don’t laugh. Just be amused, but,” She faced him.

“Look at me, do you think I can be crown princess? Look at me.”

“I just saw you jump down a building, of course, you can be crown princess.” Taeyong mused; Heeji was so tempted to slap his arm.

“I’m guessing your free time’s over?” She asked as she saw the guards.

“I have to go back to the palace.” He replied, Heeji glanced at the guards again.

“Heeji, don’t.” Taeyong warned, she smirked and extended one hand to him.

“Then, I’ll see you at school. We should talk about this.” She stated, Taeyong took her hand and shook it.

“You’re…not going against this?” He asked just as the guards reached them.

“We both don’t have a choice with this. In the end,” She said as she glanced back at the temple.

“The elders will always get to decide for us.”

“But still….you’re too calm.” Taeyong blinked at her.

“If we both start panicking about this, what good would come out?” She replied, Taeyong paused.

“You’re the crown prince and you can’t even do anything about it.” She gave him a small smile.

“Heeji, I know how awkward this must be for you, I just want to say~”

“Taeyong, nothing will fix this. I’m bound to be married off to you. And you don’t have to apologize, it’s not your fault.”

Taeyong stopped, he knew how his friend could be reasonable at the same time witty, but this was too much.

The Jung Heeji before him felt like a stranger.

“What do you mean married off?” He asked, the guards distanced themselves again.

“You’ll know soon enough. Go home, seja jeoha.” She said in that same teasing tone she used when they were kids.

“It’s still to early to call you bigung, Heeji.”

 

 

“Don’t start. I’m already tempted to choke you to death.” She smirked at him before walking back to her car.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++