048

A Royal Pain In The

Heeji walked in the room and gestured for the maids to step out, her eyes went to her parents.

“Heeji,” Her mother stood up to hug her, she stilled.

“What brings you here?” She asked as she took her seat.

“Your grandmother just told us everything, Heeji, dear, we’re so sorry.”

“If you’re expecting me to lessen he pressure in Ahyoung,”

She glanced at her father.

“I wont.” She stated.

“We know. And it’s okay, what she did was unforgivable. Just like what we did to you, we’re sorry, Heeji.”

“Jaebum will be testifying against her next week, Jaehyun..will not be mentioned in this. I’ve spoken with the Ims and they are willing it press charges.” She spoke.

“We know that, Heeji.” Mr. Jung stated.

“But, my dear, we heard about Ahyoung and the prince, how are you~”

“I’m fine, eomma. But I cant speak for Taeyong. He just found out Ahyoung may have just got back together just to use him against me.”

“Heeji, we’re~”

“I wont be able to stay along, things are not going so well inside the palace, but I am glad you came to see me.”

“Heeji,” Mr. Jung spoke.

“You have everything now, so, please, take care of it okay? Appa will always have your back.”

 

 

Heeji leaned on her elbow as the lecture continued, beside her, Jaerin was busy trying to take down notes.

“Are you really going to move out?” She asked distractedly, the princess nodded.

“I’m already checking the available apartments.”

Jaerin frowned, she gave up on her notes and faced her friend.

“Heeji-yah, this isn’t it. This isn’t you.”

“I can’t stand being there, you know that.”

“Ani, it’s not that palace. It’s not being reminded of Ahyoung, it’s because of Taeyong.”

She bit on the inside of her cheek.

“You’re afraid of opening up again, Ji, don’t do this.”

“I’ve….I cant…be that person again, Jaerin.”

The other girl sighed.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but, we all know, bigung.”

“Huh?”

“Taeyong. He’s always kind of…seen you differently. I mean at first I thought maybe because you guys were friends since little but the way he treats you…and looks at you, it’s different.”

“So, don’t do this. Don’t move out, don’t leave him.”

“Jaerin~”

“He needs you, Jiji. And I know and understand you got hurt a lot, you can ignore him all you want, not look at him, but please don’t move out. That would just destroy him.”

Heeji looked away.

“And I know that he’s special to you, somehow he managed to make you forget all about Oh Sehun.”

“That~”

“Just don’t do it, okay? Moving out is too much. I’d hate to see that happen. He’s a victim here too, Ji. He was lied to and tricked by Ahyoung. His only flaw was that he was terrified of his feelings for you.”

Heeji didn’t reply.

“The crown prince loves you, and he didn’t want to admit it because he might lose a great friend if he did. He values your friendship, that’s why….things got haywire for him. And you.”

 

 

Taeyong leaned back on the car seat and closed his eyes, although it was protocol to wait for the princess so that they could go home together, he knew she wouldn’t be riding with him ever again.

“Seja jeonha,”

He opened his eyes, he saw Heeji walking down the steps while chatting with Chanyeol and Jaehyun.

“Bigung mama will be riding with us this afternoon.”

He blinked in surprise, then Heeji bid the two males goodbye and walked towards the car.

She slid inside the vehicle and took the set next to him.

“I…was told I needed your permission in order to move out,” She said quietly.

“Yes, I already signed the documents, it’s all good now.” He nodded.

Heeji chewed on her lip.

“I wont do it.” She said, Taeyong paused.

“Heeji, I mean, you don’t need to ask me, I already said yes~”

“I meant moving out. I wont do it.” She repeated, she met his gaze briefly.

“It was a decision I made rashly. I wont do it. But, thanks.” She nodded. Taeyong just looked at her, she exhaled and pulled her backpack closer to her.

“Thanks, for deciding to stay.” He said.

She just nodded at him and looked away. Taeyong smiled to himself and leaned over to kiss the side of her head and going back to his seat.

“I know it will take long for you to forgive me, but, I will wait for you, Jiji. So, take your time and come to me.”

 

 

Heeji stepped inside her room and leaned back against the wall. She slid down to the floor and let out a breath.

“What have I gotten myself into?” She murmured as she took off her shoes and stood up.

She padded towards her bed and lay down. She closed her eyes and listened to the news from the TV before her.

Her adoptive sibling has been sent to jail due to testing positive for the usage of illegal drugs.

And LG has released an official statement on that matter, it stated that the Jungs didn’t know that she was involved in using prohibited medication and they had reiterated that Ahyoung wasn’t a Jung, but someone the family had took in when she was young.

Heeji sat up, her eyes landed on the picture on her desk, she puffed cheeks. It was a photo Kai had taken on her and Taeyong.

 

 

“Go to you…Going to you…” She trailed off and shook her head before walking to the windows and jumping down, she landed with a soft thud on the back of her Bat mobile.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++