037

A Royal Pain In The

 

20XX

 

 

Heeji groaned as she slowly sat up from her bed, her phone was ringing nonstop, she picked up the device and mentally debated whether to throw it against the wall or pick up.

She looked at caller ID and smiled as she read her older sister’s name.

“Unnie! Where have you been?” She chided as she picked up, she heard the lud music in the background before the other girl spoke.

“Just....out, exploring the world.” Ahyoung chuckled, Heeji sighed and slid down from the bed.

“Where are you? A club?” She asked, she checked the time, it had just turned eleven in the evening.

“Hmm, I even called Jaehyunie, he’s on his way.” Ahyoung added, Heeji puffed cheeks.

“I’ll be there in a few. Wait for me, don’t drink too much.” She stated before putting the phone down.

 

 

Jaehyun grinned as he saw his older cousin walk in, she was clad in a pair of ripped denim shorts and a long sleeved crop top and she paired her outfit with knee high leather boots. As always, Jung Heeji had always been a showstopper, people would glance at her as she passed by, some even smiled in greeting.

“Of course, our Jung Heeji.” Ahyoung hummed, her eyes narrowed briefly as the stack of gold Cartier bangles on the girl’s wrists. Every bangle was a gift from grandpa Jung ever since she turned fourteen. And what did Ahyoung get?

Some flowers and the occasional designer purse, but her stepsister?

A car, an apartment in New York and a trust fund. Oh, and a position in LG’s main office.

Ahyoung shook her head to herself, they were all so unfair to her, they made her feel like she was family, told her that she was loved. But they were all lying, her father wouldn’t even defend her to the Jung patriarch.

“Noona!” Jaehyun beamed as she reached them, Heeji blinked as her younger cousin sloppily hugged her.

“This isn’t you…how much did you drink?” Heeji murmured as she sat down. Ahyoung grinned and handed the younger girl a drink, Heeji watched as Jaehyun took another shot of amber liquid.

“Ya, Jung Jaehyun, that’s hard liquor.” Heeji warned, Ahyoung grinned.

“It’s okay, just let him be. He’s having fun.”

Heeji rolled her eyes and just looked at the crowd, bouncing and swaying to the music. Jaehyun and Ahyoung were chatting beside her, she heard them slide down from their stools. But she couldn’t help but feel disoriented, her eye started to droop.

She leaned down on the countertop, her cheek pressed against the cold countertop.

 

 

“Heeji-yah! Jung Heeji!” Chanyeol panicked as he kept on nudging the girl, Kai looked at the bottles before her.

“Did she go hard?” Kai asked.

“I don’t think so,” Chanyeol lifted her off the seat, Heeji shifted and mumbled.

“Jaehyun and Ahyoung were here, I saw them slip out a few minutes ago.” Chanyeol said, Kai picked up her purse and followed the older male towards the exit.

“The cops might arrive again, it’s best if we leave.” Kai nodded as they reached the parking lot, Chanyeol found the girl’s Range Rover.

“I..saw something weird.” Chanyeol murmured as Kai rushed to open the car with her keys.

“What?”

Heeji mumbled as Chanyeol made her sit inside, he kept the door open and faced his friend.

“I followed Jaehyun and Ahyoung out, I wanted to tell them that Heeji was asleep but,” Chanyeol’s frown deepened.

“I saw them kissing. Ahyoung was pulling him to her. And Jaehyun was acting unlike himself.”

Kai balked.

“Yes?”

“It looked…a little too…racy. And then I saw Ahyoung take out this..syringe from her purse…”

“What?” Heeji croaked, the two tensed.

“Oh, Heeji-yah, how are you feeling?” Kai asked.

“She injected him with something? They were kissing?” Heeji asked.

Chanyeol nodded slowly, Heeji’s forehead creased.

“He was drinking hard liquor. He doesn’t even like… Oppa, drive!” Heeji suddenly bolted up.

“Heeji, I’m sure~”

“Get in the car and drive.” She pleaded, Kai exhaled before sending the older male a look. Chanyeol went around the vehicle and got in the driver’s seat.

Kai slid inside the backseat.

“I’ll have someone from the company trace them, unnie’s car has a tracker so,” Heeji started to talk as Chanyeol sped out of the driveway.

“This seems odd.” Kai murmured as he leaned back on his seat. Heeji frowned as she dialed the number on her phone, Yunho’s words started to play in her mind.

“And then, your father mentioned something about including Ahyoung in the family registry.”

“…Yeah, he did. He and eomma have been discussing it with me and unnie too.”

“But…how does that relate to this, oppa?”

“Halbae is…against it.”

“Against? But, why?”

“We all know that she isn’t exactly related to us, and halbae has…his own archaic way of seeing things., he doesn’t want Ahyoung to take the family name or be known as a Jung heir.”

“He wants to make sure she wont get anything from the company and also the family.”

She shook her head repeatedly.

“It can’t be. It can’t be.”

 

 

Kai followed the girl as she ran towards the hotel’s entrance, Heeji pushed past the other guests and went straight to the concierge.

“Do you have a Jung Ahyoung or a Jung Jaehyun checked in?” She asked quickly.

The lad behind the counter stared at her oddly, well, she reeked of alcohol, Kai sighed.

“It’s not what you think, we just need to know if they checked in.” Kai explained, he heard Chanyeol walking towards them.

The lady looked at them, it looked like she wanted to snort at them.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t reveal~”

“It’s important,”

“Miss, I don’t know what you’re thinking, this isn’t a motel, we have~”

The three friends took out a black card from their wallets and slammed it on the desk.

The lady blinked and quickly bowed.

“I’m sorry, young miss and young masters.” She said as she typed on her computer quickly.

“Yes, a Jung Ahyoung is checked in, a suite room. Room 1883.”

“Card.” Heeji demanded, the lady handed her a card key, the three rushed towards the elevator.

 

 

Heeji stared at the door, her hands were shaking.

“Heeji-yah,” Chanyeol said worriedly, Heeji raised her hand and pressed card briefly on the sensor, the door opened.

Heeji started to step in, Kai and Chanyeol followed behind her, they walked by the living room, Heeji saw Jaehyun’s shoes on the floor, his jacket was draped on the couch.

“Look,” Kai said lowly, Heeji followed his gaze and saw the small bottle of pills and an empty syringe.

She started to rush towards the room, she almost tripped on an empty bottle as she pushed the doors opened.

She gasped.

Jaehyun was lying on the bed, he was obviously drunk and heavily drugged, her eyes went to Ahyoung, who was only clad in her lingerie.

“Hee—Heeji!” She looked shocked to see her, Heeji’s fists curled, she strode towards her and grabbed her by the hair.

“Hee~”

“You .” She spat as she dragged her out of the room and pushed her down.

“I..I can explain, I~”

“You drugged him!” She yelled. Ahyoung’s tears started to fall as she looked at the younger girl.

“We treated you like family, and you do this? Of all people, Jaehyun?!”

“You..You don’t understand, they..they want to throw me out!” Ahyoung stood up.

“Throw you out? Abeoji has always preferred you over me,” Heeji said, her eyes cold.

“I..I had to make sure they wouldn’t do it, I…had to make myself a Jung.” Ahyoung started to plead, but Heeji just yanked her hand off her arm.

“So, you want Jaehyun to get you pregnant?” Heeji was speechless as she looked at the girl.

“Yes, because I had no choice. Your grandfather wants to throw me out, then what will happen to me? I wont get anything!” Her voice started to raise, Heeji shook her head.

“I need..leverage, I will just be thrown out~”

“You’re not even a Jung, why will you get anything?” She spoke, Ahyoung started to shake her head.

“Unnie, you are not a Jung, why would haraboji let you have anything?” Heeji repeated, her tears started to line her eyes.

“Heeji-yah, something’s wrong with Jaehyun!” Kai rushed out of the room.

“He’s shaking and he’s gone pale.”

“He’s having seizures!” Chanyeol suddenly yelled, Heeji’s eyes went to the girl.

“You piece of . Orphan .” She spat at her, she took out her wallet and she then, threw all the money she had on her Ahyoung’s face.

“Eat.” She stated before turning towards the room, Chanyeol was already speaking on the phone while Kai tried to stop Jaehyun from shaking.

“The helicopter is already here.” Chanyeol stated, Heeji nodded and watched as Kai and Chanyeol lifted the youngest Jung from the bed and rushed out of the room.

Heeji stepped out of the room and saw Ahyoung, crying.

 

 

 

“You are a mistake.” She said before leaving the room.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++