026

A Royal Pain In The

Heeji slid down from the car and leaned back against the hood.

“What a ing joke.” She laughed at herself.

She was at that party, enjoying a couple of drinks with Jaerin when her phone suddenly buzzed. It was a text message from her father’s secretary.

Sir, since the wedding is done, is it time to change the documents and clarify the rumors? Employees are starting worry over the news of the company going bankrupt. And it’s already difficult for me to reassure them that it was all a lie. –Secretary Jin

She crossed her arms and shook her head, her phone started to ring again, she sighed and got in the car.

She cancelled Taeyong’s incoming call and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

“Oh, oppa,” She cleared .

“Hi, baby girl, I’m sorry, I couldn’t come at the party, but I was the reception earlier~”

“It’s fine, oppa. Can you meet up? I...I don’t think I can breathe.” She murmured.

“Heeji~”

“Let’s meet at Kim Jongin’s.”

 

 

“Did you find her?” Jaerin asked as Taeyong walked back to their table.

“They’ve been trying to track her cell,”

“You asked help from the palace?” Ten questioned.

“I had no choice.” Taeyong swallowed, Johnny shook his head.

“Taeyong-ah,” Ahyoung reached for his hand, he gave her a small smile.

“I don’t understand, why would she be mad at Jaehyun?” Taeyong looked at Jaerin, the girl winced.

“I..I don’t know, Jaehyun said she just came up to him and started…” Jaerin trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

Heeji just found out about everything. The lie the elders fed her and the lie that made her accept the crown and bear the weight of it.

Taeyong scratched the back of his head, just then two men black suits approached him.

“Seja, we already know where the princess is.”

“Text it to me, I’ll pick her up.”

“But seja,~”

“She won’t come with you guys, she’ll only run away.” Taeyong stated, the males nodded and stepped back.

“Are you going? But the guards already know where she is.” Ahyoung stood up.

Johnny rolled his eyes.

“We’re a set now. I have to be where she is. She has to be where I am.” Taeyong said simply before turning away from her, but Ahyoung caught hold of her arm.

“You’re leaving me here because of her?” She asked, Taeyong paused, his eyes widened.

Ten sighed and looked away.

“Ahyoung-ah, I’m~” His phone started to ring, they both looked at the screen.

It was Heeji.

“Fine, go. Leave.” She said sharply before walking out of their booth.

Taeyong exhaled and rushed to the doors.

 

 

“What did she say?” Kai asked as Chanyeol set his phone down.

“That was weird,”

“What do you mean, hyung?” Sehun asked from the couch, he changed channels on the television before looking at his friends.

“She said she wanted to meet up.” Chanyeol stated.

“Really? Where?” Sehun asked.

“She wanted to meet up here, Kai’s place.”

“So, how’s the prince? I haven’t heard her complain about anything.” Kai asked as he sat down on the couch across Sehun.

“Actually, she seems..comfortable with him, I mean, Taeyong…is the type who’d get along with her. You know how she is,” Chanyeol shrugged.

Kai smirked at Sehun.

“It’s about time you leave, she’ll be here soon.” Kai spoke.

“We already talked, I told her everything I wanted her to know,” Sehun recounted.

“Sehun-ah, right now~”

The doorbell rung twice and they heard the door being opened.

“Nice, I see she still has her manners.” Kai looked up just as Heeji appeared by the staircase.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol stood up, she went down the steps and paused as she saw Sehun.

“You didn’t tell me he’d be here.” She stated, Sehun stated.

“Heeji-yah,”

“Don’t!” She froze, Sehun paused. Kai shook his head and stood up and walked to her.

“No, no, no, this is all too much.” She started to shake her head.

“Hey, hey, we’re here.” Chanyeol said soothingly as he reached her.

“Oppa…Oppa…I…I….” She choked and looked away, Kai reached for her, but she pulled back.

“Ji,”

“I…I shouldn’t have come. I’m sorry.” She breathed as she faced them, Sehun looked away, not knowing what to do.
“At least let us drive you~”

Heeji’s phone buzzed, she looked at the screen.

“I’ve had enough life drama today. I can’t deal with this.” She murmured before turning away from them, she bolted up the steps.

Heeji stepped out of the house and shut the gates behind her, she shook her head before looking around her.

She didn’t know what to do, it felt like the world was closing in on her. Her whole family had lied to her, they tricked her into fulfilling her grandfather’s promise.

She took out her phone and dialed.

“Heeji, I’m on my~”

“Taeyong-ah, I…I’ve been tricked.”

 

 

Sehun rushed out of the gates, he saw Heeji standing across the street, leaning against the streetlamp.

“Heeji~”

A yellow Aventador pulled to a halt in front of her, she looked up and Sehun saw the tears running down her cheeks.

He was about to cross the street, when the driver of the car slid down from the vehicle.

“Jiji, what~” Taeyong stopped when he saw her face, Heeji started to shake her head.

“I was tricked.” She spoke shakily, Sehun looked away.

Taeyong walked to her and shook off her jacket.

“What are you saying?” He asked softly as he draped it around her, she shook her head.

“I was tricked. We weren’t going to go bankrupt.”

Taeyong exhaled and just leaned down to cup both of her cheeks.

“Heeji, I~”

“Here I was thinking I was doing something important, thinking that I was protecting my family, but in the end, they just sold me out.” She spat, Taeyong frowned and just pulled her to his chest.

“I’m sorry, Jiji.” He murmured as he cupped the back of her head and kissed it.

Sehun looked away and took a few steps back.

“It’s crazy right? To think my cousins just watched and…let it happen.”

“Do you still want to go back to the party?” He asked softly as she pulled away from him, Heeji looked around them.

“No, but it’s fine if you want to~”

“Where do you want to go then?” Taeyong asked her and brushed her bangs away from her face.

“Home. I mean..the palace.” She let out a shaky breath.

“Of course.” He nodded and pulled her to the car, then she paused, her eyes landed on Sehun across the street.

Taeyong followed her gaze, his brows met briefly.

“O—oppa, I~”

Sehun turned away from them and went back into the house, Heeji sighed and just got in the car.

Taeyong closed the door and looked at the two-storey villa.

He took out his phone as he went around the car, he saw the black SUV that had been trailing him.

 

“Find out who owns this house.” He instructed before getting inside the vehicle.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++