038

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji had one palm against her forehead as they sat inside the king’s office, waiting for him to arrive.

On his desk was a printed photo of their stunt last night.

Taeyong glanced at her briefly, worry etched in his facial features.

“How are you feeling?”

“Better. But, I don’t think I can go to school today.” Heeji murmured, he nodded, then they heard the doors opened, the two stood up.

“It’s okay, sit down, especially you, bigung. You look so pale.” The king’s tone was kind that it took them both by surprise.

“I’m sorry for being~”

Taeyong was cut off by his father.

“You’re lucky that people forgot about you letting the crown princess arrive alone and instead all the attention was pulled to this.” He spoke as he picked up the article, Heeji looked at the photo again.

“Still, it’s against royal etiquette, pyeha. I’m sorry for being thoughtless again.” Heeji spoke up, the king smiled.

“I agree that it is, but, you did well, bigung.”

Taeyong blinked and stared at his father.

“Ah..Yes, thank you, pyeha.” Heeji nodded.

“Because of this, you gained good attention from the citizens, bigung mama.” The king’s secretary spoke.

“And this also made them disregard the previous scandal as well as the prince’s absence when you arrived.”

“Just, what happened yesterday? Where did you disappear to?” The king looked at his son, Heeji glanced at him briefly.

The king exhaled as his son remained quiet, he turned to Heeji.

“Bigung, you may go now. You need to rest to get well.”

Heeji stood up, she bowed before leaving the room.

 

 

Heeji stepped inside her bedroom and grabbed her phone.

“Ahjussi, you called? I was a bit busy.” She murmured as she walked to the windows.

“Ahgassi, they found out that we hacked them, although…I’m not sure if miss Ahyoung knows its you.”

Heeji smiled and looked at the gardens.

“I wiretapped the reporter’s calls, they spoke last night. They plan to release the photos next week.”

“Then we need divine intervention, ahjussi.”

“Yes?”

“We need god Jung Yunho.” She chuckled.

“Would you like me to arrange an appointment for you?” He asked.

“Appointment? He owes me one, for letting the elders lie to me.” She snorted.

“Then what do you suggest we do, young miss?”

Heeji heard the doors open, she glanced back, Taeyong was looking at her, he looked unsure.

She smiled and waved for him to enter.

“I’ll call you again later, ahjussi. Thank you for telling me.”

 

 

Taeyong walked to her as soon as she put the phone down.

“I’m heading to school in a few.” He said as he reached her, Heeji nodded.

“Do you think I can slip out from the palace today? I need to see Yunho oppa.” She asked.

“You can, abbamama wont mind, as long as you bring your guards along.” He replied.

“How are you feeling? You’re still a little…pink.” He said as he looked at her forearms, Heeji shrugged.

“I’m fine, thanks.”

“Aniya, it would have been worse if it weren’t for Sehun.” Taeyong commented.

“Yeah, Oh Sehun.” Heeji trailed off, Taeyong clenched his jaw, but he nudged her.

“I’ll get going then.”

“Talk to Ahyoung, she..saw everything.” Heeji said timidly, Taeyong gave her a small smile before kissing the side of her head and leaving the room.

Heeji watched from the windows as the black BMW i8 sped away, followed by a black SUV.

“I’m sorry, I think I’ve been getting between you two too much.” She whispered.

“I don’t even know if what’s between you is real…or not, but…I’m really sorry.”

 

 

Taeyong pushed the iced coffee towards the girl, Ahyoung had her arms crossed, refusing to meet his gaze.

“Ahyoung-ah, I’m sorry.”

“You’re starting to choose her.”

“It’s not that, it’s…her allergies, she~”

“You promised me. You promised me that you’d always take my side, so, why?” She finally met his gaze.

“Why do you keep on choosing her?” Ahyoung finished, Taeyong swallowed and looked at his palms.

“I…I don’t know.” He trailed off, Ahyoung exhaled.

“You’re falling for her. She’s always had that charm.”

Taeyong looked at her, he grew confused.

“What do you mean?”

Ahyoung smiled slightly before taking a small sip from the coffee.

“Heeji..She’s always been charming. Smart, pretty and polite. The perfect child who has everything.”

“Ahyoung~”

“She drank a kiwi martini, huh? Did she turn red? Spots on her arms and neck?”

Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“How..How do you know that?”

 

 

“I am that other girl, the other Jung girl. Heeji’s older sister.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++