021

A Royal Pain In The

 

 

“Really? I’m sorry, I can’t pick you up.”

Ahyoung paused and leaned against her desk.

“Do you have other appointments today?” She asked, she could hear him shuffling around.

“Not really, but~”

“This bangle rightfully belongs to the bigung.” He was talking to someone.

“Taeyong, this~”

Ahyoung froze, her fingers curled around her phone tightly.

“I never got to say this but, welcome to the family, Jiji.”

Ahyoung put the phone down and tossed it against the wall, she watched as the device landed on the floor with a huge crack on its screen.

 

 

“They’re here.” Johnny said as the three cars pulled over, Ahyoung followed his gaze, her brows met briefly as she saw Heeji alight the car.

“I can only imagine how stressed Batman bigung must be.” Johnny mused; Ten sent him a look and glanced at Ahyoung briefly.

“But looking at them,” Johnny ignored the younger male.

“Being friends is an advantage here, I mean, they aren’t awkward, so they won’t be having a hard time adjusting to each other.”

Then Ten paused when he saw Taeyong pull Heeji towards him, Ahyoung’s jaw twitched.

“See? They’re already comfortable~ Oh.” Johnny blinked when Taeyong leaned over to plant a kiss on Heeji’s forehead.

“Noona, they~” Ten closed his mouth when Ahyoung walked away from them, her fists curled.

“You…You are an accident waiting to happen.” Ten shook his head at the tall male before pulling him to their lecture hall.

 

 

“Ya!” Jaerin nudged her friend as she reached her, she glanced at the two males, both clad in dark suits that were following her.

“I’m calling them B1 and B2, since they wont even meet my gaze when I talk to them.” Heeji murmured as they walked together.

“How are you feeling? It’s tomorrow.” Jaerin murmured.

“I feel fantastic, I am to become crown princess tomorrow, something I never dreamed of. And also, did I mention the long list of responsibilities that comes with that title?”

Jaerin just offered a sympathetic smile, Heeji just shook her head.

“But, Heeji-yah,”

Heeji looked at her as they entered the lecture hall.

“Earlier, Sehun oppa…he wanted to talk to you, he was waiting for you.”

Heeji paused and she shook her head.

“I don’t have time for that.”

“Still, what if he just wants some closure? You never even told me how you two ended things.”

Heeji put her bag down on the desk.

“Closure? He’s the one who needs closure? Oh my ing god, now that’s rich.”

“Heeji, it’s~”

“I don’t want to see him, okay? Even his shadow or silhouette makes me feel sick. He’s really a spineless jerk if he wants to talk about closure.” She spat.

Then Jaerin looked up, Heeji followed her gaze. Sehun was standing by the door, Heeji paused and looked away.

“Sure, I’m a spineless jerk. But I just wanted to check if you were okay. Was that really necessary? Yeah, I agree that I was jerk to you, but do you really have to be this heartless?” Sehun shot back.

Heeji looked at him.

“O—ppa~”

Sehun kicked the door shut behind him.

 

 

“Ahyoung-ah,” Taeyong said quietly as he followed the girl, students were glancing at them, and he was being careful of not being too obvious.

Ahyoung didn’t turn and just continued walking.

“Ahyoung-ah,” Taeyong sighed as they reached the empty hall, Ahyoung faced him, he grew surprised as he noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks.

“What? What do you want?” She said hotly, Taeyong’s brows furrowed.

“What you saw earlier, it was just~”

“An act, right? Because she’s your fiancé, it’s only healthy for you to kiss her in public like that.”

“It’s not that, but…I just..” Taeyong trailed off, not knowing how to continue, he glanced at the upper floor and saw Sehun walking away from one of the lecture halls.

“So, what is it? Why do you have to do that in front of me? Did the palace order you to do that?” She challenged as she wiped her cheeks with her palms.

“I…I…I had to help her, that person..he’s~” Taeyong saw Heeji step out of the doors, she started to walk towards Sehun. Taeyong’s brows met briefly.

“Help? What kind of help could Jung Heeji possibly need?” She snapped, Taeyong exhaled.

“I have to help her. She..She’s under a lot of pressure now, and….it’s partly my fault.”

“This wouldn’t have happened if I said to yes to your proposal.” Ahyoung said quietly, Taeyong met her gaze.

“We can’t go back to that time, huh?” She asked.

“I don’t know.” Taeyong replied, he glanced at his watch.

“But, promise me one thing,” Ahyoung reached for his hand, Taeyong gave her a nod.

“Promise me that you’ll always take my side, no matter what.”

Taeyong smiled at her and caressed her cheek.

 

“Of course.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++