020

A Royal Pain In The

Heeji flexed her neck as she sat up, she looked at her phone, it was two in the morning. She slid down from the bed and changed into a pair of black leggings and an oversized Vetements hoodie.

She quietly opened the windows and looked at the two-storey fall, she smiled at the sight of her monster truck before leaping down.

She landed with a soft thud, careful not to be seen by the patrolling palace guards. She made her way towards the sleek Aston Martin parked beside Taeyong’s Audi. She quietly got in the car, she switched off the car’s lights and drove away from the building.

Then her phone suddenly pinged that it almost made her jump. She blinked as she opened the message.

It was a photo of a drawing. A small map.

She saw the text it came with.

I had a feeling you’d be sneaking out tonight.

Be careful. Don’t stay out too late...or early. –Taeyong

Heeji smiled and looked at the photo again, it was one of the escape routes in the palace.

 

 

“You want to spy on your rival?” The male chuckled as Heeji picked up her bokken and leapt at him again.

He successfully blocked her hits.

“Rival?” She almost spat, he grinned.

“Why do you want me to check on her?”

“It..doesnt seem right..I know she’s been with Taeyong for almost two years now…But I can’t trust her.”

“You think she’s only with him because of his status.” He stated. She sighed as she pulled back; sweat trickled down her back as she set the bokken aside.

“Can we use the katanas now? I am so done with these wooden~”

“Answer me, Heeji.” He spoke.

“Yes. That’s what I think, she tried to do it before…I doubt she’ll hesitate~”

“Heeji, what you’re accusing her…this is different.”

“Oppa, she’s the type to do anything, dirty or clean, just to get what she wants. You know that. You were there.” She stated, Kai stopped.

“Look into it for me, please. I have to know what she’s up to.” She faced him again.

“I’ll take care of it.” He replied.

“Are we not going to talk about Sehun being back?” He added, Heeji turned away from him.

“We can. But we both know nothing’s going to happen. I’m getting married.” She replied as she picked up a dagger.

“He loves you, he always has.” Kai said carefully.

“Love? Don’t make me vomit.” She spat before flicking her wrist, Kai followed her gaze, the dagger handed landed perfectly on the middle of the dartboard.

 

 

Taeyong looked up just as Heeji stepped in the breakfast room.

“How was your little escapade?” He asked as he stood up to pull the chair for her, she grinned at him thankfully before sitting down.

“You may go.” Taeyong turned to the maids, the three ladies curtsied and left.

“Thanks, it was…I just needed some air.”

“Of course. I’m proud, you went out and in, undetected.” He winked, she chuckled before picking up her fork. She looked at the fruits on her plate, Taeyong watched as she set aside the kiwis.

“They must have forgotten your allergies.” Taeyong said before pushing his plate towards her.

“I was thinking about it, my grandmother was wanting to~” She paused when his phone started to ring.

Heeji looked at the screen, Ahyoung was calling. Taeyong looked at her expectantly.

“It’s fine, take it.” She nodded, Taeyong excused himself before leaving the table.

Heeji bit on the inside of her cheek as she transferred the kiwi on his plate and finished her coffee.

She stood up and grabbed her bag.

“Taeyong-ah, I’ll wait outside, okay?” She called after him, Taeyong glanced up from the phone, he signaled for her to wait.

“What?” She mouthed, Taeyong picked up the small box from the dining table, he opened it.

“Really? I’m sorry, I can’t pick you up.” He murmured on the phone as he walked to her. Heeji saw the gold bangle in his hand.

“This bangle rightfully belongs to the bigung.” He said to her while briefly putting the phone away, Heeji’s eyes went to the phone. He hadn’t ended the call yet.

“Taeyong, this~”

Taeyong took her hand and carefully slid the bangle in.

“I never got to say this but, welcome to the family, Jiji.” He chuckled softly before kissing the crown of her head, Heeji blinked at him.

Taeyong just picked up his phone and walked back to his quarters.

 

 

Heeji slid down the Audi and paused when one guard approached her.

“It’s the king’s orders, since the wedding is tomorrow,” Taeyong said as he walked to her.

“Our security detail has been tightened.” He said carefully, Heeji made a face and looked at the male.

“I tried to talk our way out of it, it didn’t work.” He added playfully, the guard suppressed a smile.

“It’s fine, I’ll just have to live with it.” She murmured, then Taeyong looked at something past her shoulder.

“I’ll see you at lunch…or whatever, I have a friend to meet.” She nodded before pulling away, but Taeyong yanked her back. Heeji almost staggered to his chest.

“Taeyong-ah, we’re not five anymore, we~”

“Do well in class, bigung mama.” He smiled before pressing his lips against her forehead and moving away.

“Well, there it goes. Bipolar prince.” She murmured before walking to the stairs, then she paused when she saw Sehun chatting with Chanyeol and Jaerin.

Sehun had his eyes on her, his gaze heavy.

 

She exhaled before making her way towards the main hall.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++