040

A Royal Pain In The

“What?” Ten stuttered the i8 sped away from them, Heeji chewed on her lip, and then she saw Ahyoung stepping out from the building.

The girl had a smirk on her face as she met eyes with Heeji.

Heeji felt her blood boil, her fists curled as she strode towards the girl.

“Mama,” The two guards blocked her.

“Aigoo, things didn’t go your way again, little Jiji?” Ahyoung hummed, Johnny and Ten looked at her, confused.

“What did you do?” Heeji seethed, Ahyoung cackled.

“I told Taeyong the truth.”

“Which version? Orphan version or my version?” She demanded, Ahyoung smiled.

“Ani, the only version.” She said as she neared them, Heeji swallowed.

“I told him we’re siblings.”

Heeji heard Johnny and Ten gasp, she shook her head.

“It’s only right that he knows, Heeji. Why would I let you lie to his face?”

Then, Heeji sidestepped her guards and faced the girl.

“I will destroy you, Jung Ahyoung.”

“Not if I destroy you first.” She smirked, Heeji smiled back.

“Be careful, orphan. Unlike you, I won’t be running short of funds.” She stated before storming away from them.

 

 

“So, Heeji and Ahyoung are sisters?” Ten asked, Jaerin tensed on her seat.

“No, Jung Ahyoung was left at their doorstep because her parents couldn’t afford to give her a proper life.” Jaehyun quipped, Johnny blinked at him.

“She’s adopted?”

“She’s not a real Jung.” Jaehyun stated, Jaerin placed one hand on his shoulder, to calm him.

“I don’t understand….From what we saw…they were hostile to each other, and..why didn’t they tell Taeyong?” Johnny asked.

“Why do you think so? That woman is a snake.”

“Jung Jaehyun,” Jaerin sighed. Jaehyun bit on the insides of his cheeks.

“He fell for it, her trap. The crown prince fell for it.”

“What trap?” Ten queried.

“There’s a reason why Heeji hates her with such intensity.” Jaerin spoke.

“Because of her greediness, Jaehyun almost died.” A deep voice made them look up, it was Kai.

Johnny and Ten stared back at each other.

“Hyung,” Jaehyun paused.

“We all have a tracker on our phones, but Heeji’s….disappeared. Her guards are combing through the campus, I don’t think she’s here.”

“Wait, Jaehyun…almost died?” Johnny spoke.

“Fine, this. I am so done letting people think that Heeji’s the bad person here.” Kai snapped.

“Oppa,” Jaerin said worriedly.

“What? Heeji’s my best friend, and I have had enough.”

“I’ll try to find her.” Jaehyun stood up and left the group.

“We were in high school when it all happened,” Kai started.

“It was that time when Grandpa Jung found out about his illness. So, he gathered everyone in the family to announce his will. They were aware of his dislike towards Ahyoung, he didn’t even allow her name to appear in the family registry.”

“Oh.” Ten blinked.

“But, don’t misunderstand, Heeji and Ahyoung got along well. They were close, until Ahyoung found out that she wouldn’t be getting anything from the Jungs after she finishes school.”

“Legally...she isn’t an heir..so,” Johnny trailed off, Jaerin bit her lip.

“You’re right. But she thought differently, so, she managed to drag Jaehyun to a club. She got him drunk and drugged his drink. She even injected some..chemicals into his system.”

“What?”

“Heeji was there also, drugged by Ahyoung, she fell asleep at the bar. Chanyeol hyung and I found her, but hyung saw something weird. It was Ahyoung...taking advantage of a tipsy Jaehyun.”

“We managed to follow them....tracked them at a hotel. And....there we finally realized what Ahyoung was up to.”

The two males didn’t know what to say.

“If she gets pregnant with Jaehyun’s child...then,” Ten started.

“And it’s not just that, Jaehyun had seizures due to drug overdose and alcohol poisoning. He was in the hospital for almost a month. He almost died that night.” Kai finished.

“How come...she’s still around? Ahyoung noona.”

“Because...the elders didn’t believe Heeji, Ahyoung got their parents first, claiming that it was Heeji who wanted to try drugs for fun and she dragged Jaehyun with him.”

“Holy .” Johnny balked.

“And, Jaehyun couldn’t speak properly that time, although her tried to explain, but he’s always been close to Heeji. They assumed that he was just covering for his favorite cousin.”

“Bigung,” Ten frowned.

“So, that’s how she got sent to Japan, her exile.”

“That’s why Heeji thinks Taeyong might be in danger.” Jaerin said quietly.

 

 

Heeji slid down from the Rolls Royce Phantom that she borrowed from their guards. She pulled her hood over her head and entered the building.

She approached the reception desk and handed out the black card from her pocket, the lady smiled and handed her a bunch of keys.

“I hope you enjoy, bigung mama.”

Heeji nodded and walked to the elevator that delivered her to the basement.

She reached the empty firing range and pulled her hood down, she looked around before approaching the steel cabinets and unhinged the locks.

“You know, violence is never the answer.”

She stopped moving and glanced to her left, Sehun was leaning against one of the cubicles, and his earmuffs hung around his neck.

“I thought I had the cell all to myself.”

He shrugged at her, Heeji took out the Desert Eagle and started to check its condition.

“Did something happen?...Something else?” Sehun trailed off as she took out the magazine.

“What made you ask that?” She asked as she walked towards the cubicle beside his.

“Kai’s been trying to track you and a very worried Jaehyun called.”

She paused and took a deep breath.

“Is it Taeyong?”

“It feels like the past is coming back to haunt me again.” She stated before setting the gun down, Sehun frowned.

“Ahyoung?”

“She told him about her being my adoptive sister...and I don’t know what else she told him.”Heeji murmured.

“Then, tell him the truth, Heeji.”

“What if he gets hurt? I...can’t live with that.” She trailed off, Sehun swallowed.

“I don’t know what she’s up to this time, and we both know what she’s capable of. What if...” She exhaled shakily.

“Kai said that I didn’t stand a chance. Not anymore.”

She halted and looked at him, Sehun gave her a small smile.

“It looks like I really have to let you go.”

“O—ppa, I~”

“You have feelings for him, that’s why you don’t know what to do.”

“It’s n~”

“But, you always did know what to do, you were always stronger than others, so, you’ll get through this, Heeji. You will.” He touched her cheek briefly.

“I have to go. I’ll call Jaehyun and tell him you’re safe.” He nodded before walking towards the elevator.

Heeji faced her target again, her eyes went to the ring on her finger.

“Maybe it’s time...that I tell you everything.”

 

 

Taeyong stepped inside his room; he couldn’t wrap his head around it.

Ahyoung was Heeji’s adopted sibling.

But, why?

Why did Heeji keep that from him? Surely, she knows that he would never blurt out a family secret.

He sat down on the leather settee and exhaled.

Could it be, Heeji also didn’t want Ahyoung to be part of her family? Did he lie to him when she said she got along with her sister well?

Was Heeji afraid that if she told him, then her spot would be taken away from her?

Taeyong exhaled, he heard the doors open.

“Jeonha, the princess has gone missing.” The maid announced.

“I don’t know where she is.” His reply was short.

“But, jeonha~”

 

 

“Tell your worries to the king; I’m sure his men can find her. I do not want to be disturbed.” He stated before standing up and leaving his room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++