006

A Royal Pain In The

“I’ve decided,” Johnny stated as their Chinese takeout arrived. Heeji looked up and helped Ten with arranging the food.

“About what?” Taeyong asked as he picked up his chopsticks.

“She’s too good for you, you don’t deserve her.” The tall male chuckled, Taeyong just eyed him warily.

Heeji grinned and just started to eat.

“It’s a miracle your guards haven’t barged in yet.” Ten mentioned as he chewed on his order of tangsooyuk.

“What are you guys gonna do?” Johnny asked.

“About what? Our impending doom?” Heeji asked.

“It still frightens me that she’s so cool.“ Ten murmured to himself.

“I have no choice about it. Abamama has made it clear.” Taeyong said quietly, Heeji looked at him, her brows furrowed.

“What about her, that noona?” Johnny blurted, Ten elbowed him. Taeyong’s jaw twitched slightly.

“I’m sorry, chingu-ya.” Heeji suddenly spoke, Taeyong looked up, confused.

“Heeji, it’s not your fault.”

“I could have delayed this, you know.” She added, the other two paused.

“I could have hidden myself in Japan. Be under the radar again, like before.” She put down her bowl.

“Under the radar?” Johnny grew confused.

“Something like that happened. I screwed up, well technically, it wasn’t me, but blaming me was more convenient.” She shrugged and stood up. Taeyong glanced at her briefly.

“I have to head home.”

“Hee~”

“See you at school.” She smiled and patted Ten’s shoulder briefly before heading to the doors.

 

 

Jaerin had her arms crossed as she stood by the marble steps, she wanted answers. And then finally, the familiar monstrosity of a car appeared in her line of sight.

She made her way towards the car and saw Heeji leapt down from the thing.

“Okay, I didn’t know. I had no idea.” Heeji spoke just as she saw her friend.

“No idea? You didn’t know you were arranged to the crown prince?!”

The students were staring at them now; Heeji sighed and just pulled her friend aside.

“Yes and yes.” Heeji shushed her, she noticed the two guards her family had sent. They were there not only to guard but also to make sure she doesn’t disappear again.

“Wait,” Jaerin halted, Heeji almost tripped.

“Why are you not running? Or escaping?”

Heeji sighed.

“Here I thought you were worried that your only friend is bound to marry a stranger.”

“He’s no stranger. He’s the crown prince.”

Heeji rolled her eyes at the girl.

“Seriously though,” Jaerin asked as she looped one arm around hers.

“Why are you not running? The old you would have been gone by now.”

“Because I can’t.” Heeji spoke, then they reached the steps, Taeyong had just arrived and as per routine, girls flock about just to stare at him.

“You can’t?” Jaerin echoed.

“Is this about your si~”

“Don’t mention her.” Heeji quipped, Jaerin looked away.

“If I do run away, LG might go down and I can’t let that happen.” Heeji stated, Jaerin frowned.

“So, there’s no escape for me. I have to do it.”

Jaerin sighed, and then she paused.

“Ya, why aren’t you in uniform?” She finally took notice of her friends, black body con dress and burgundy leather jacket outfit.

“Like it? It’s Gucci,” She raised one leg up, showing off her satin boots that had a rattlesnake embroidered on it.

“Heeji, our school~”

“This is my rebellion. At least let me have one.” Heeji rolled her eyes at her before rushing to the marble stairs.

 

 

Students blatantly glanced at the Heeji as she passed by, most were talking about her engagement to the crown prince, some badmouthed her, jealous of her current position and she was the first student to boldly defy the school’s sacred uniform rule.

But Heeji, unfazed by the murmuring just walked towards her first class, she slung her Chanel backpack over one shoulder and headed for the stairs.

“Miss Jung?”

She glanced back and found one of the professors looking at her pointedly, she pressed her lips together.

“I am aware that you are new student, but I am sure that you’ve been briefed~”

“Kick me out then. Since I’m not wearing the proper uniform.”

The man’s eyes widened.

“N-No, we don’t do that here. We just want students~”

“I am about to beg you to kick me out. I can’t stand it here.” She grinned, the professor was flabbergasted.

“At least give me a suspension.”

“But, miss, you are the royal fiancé~”

“This is exactly what I was expecting, people would treat me differently because of that.” She said as she went down the steps, the professor didn’t know what to say.

“Let’s make a deal, professor. Ask the school’s admin not to treat me any different than the rest of student body.” She asked.

“Y-Yes, miss Jung.”

She nodded and raised her hand; the male blinked and just gave her an awkward high-five.

Heeji laughed.

“I was asking for my offense note. Aren’t you supposed to give me one? How are you going to report me then?”

“Oh, right!” He quickly produced the pink slip from his notebook.

 

 

“Batman bigung.” Johnny blurted, Ten followed his gaze.

“Isn’t that professor Song? She’s in for it now.” Johnny shook his head, Taeyong looked up, his eyes widened as he saw Heeji’s get up.

“Well, she’s dressed…differently.” Ten glanced at the prince.

“Is..Is she negotiating with the terror?” Johnny mused as Heeji hopped down the stairs to speak with the famous strict professor.

“Even Taeyong doesn’t faze him.” Ten said doubtfully, then they all balked when the elder male gave Heeji one of the most awkward high-fives ever showed to man.

Oh my god.” Johnny chortled.

“What is she doing?” Taeyong spoke.

“She’s not trying to weasel herself out of~ Oh, she got an offense note.” Ten blinked, then Heeji smiled at the professor before climbing the stairs again.

“Daebak. You really don’t deserve her.” Johnny nodded to Taeyong.

“Let’s get to class.” Taeyong just grabbed him by his backpack.

“But, she~”

Taeyong stopped in his tracks when he saw the young lady standing before him, Ten and Johnny glanced at each other.

 

“Taeyong-ah,”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++