007

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji looked at the message on her phone, it was from her mother.

We will be having dinner later together with the crown prince’s family. Please stop hiding. You know you cannot run away from this. Don’t embarrass us to our friends.

She puffed her cheeks and leaned on her desk, letting her brown hair cover half of her face.

“Ya.”

She looked up and found Jaerin sliding in the desk beside hers.

“What is it?”

“What are you going to do about it?” She asked.

“What? The marriage? They better let me wear Vera Wang.” She stated as she sat up.

“Heeji, I swear~”

“I’m going to do it.”

“But, what about him?” Jaerin asked quietly, Heeji’s lips quirked up.

“What about him?” She replied.

“I mean you guys were pretty~”

“Jaerin, please, not now.” Heeji faced her, the latter nodded.

“We’re….over.”

“What? Since when?” Jaerin blinked.

“I don’t want to talk about it. He was the one who left, and look now, I’m going to be wed to a prince.” Heeji said flatly.

“Heeji, this is marriage.” Jaerin said calmly.

“I know, but kids like us, we never get to choose us, honey.”

Jaerin looked at her palms and frowned.

“So, don’t feel bad for me. With that guy…I had a feeling it would never work. I was stupid to even let him in.” Heeji trailed off.

“And marrying the crown prince isn’t?”

“It’s not. It’s profitable. If I marry him, I save the company my family’s worked so hard for.”

“The royal family, are they..aware of her?” Jaerin asked hesitantly.

“I don’t know. I don’t even care.”

 

 

“Can we talk?” She asked, Ten and Johnny silently headed for the lecture hall.

“Are you sure?” Taeyong asked, she sighed and walked to him.

“I just saw the news.”

Taeyong didn’t speak, she took her hand in his.

“Taeyong, I’m sorry. What happened before~”

“You made yourself your clear.” Taeyong pulled his hand away.

“I didn’t…I didn’t know this would happen.” She stuttered.

“We both didn’t know.” He met her gaze briefly.

“I can’t lose you, Taeyong.” She spoke, Taeyong paused, his forehead creased.

“Can’t you…Can’t you..stop this?”

He could see the tears forming around her eyes; he let out a deep sigh.

“I already tried. I can’t.”

“Taeyong-ah, I~”

Taeyong just gave her hand a squeeze.

“Let’s talk later, people might see us. At our usual place?” He asked with a small smile, she nodded.

“Good.” Taeyong cupped her cheek briefly before going to his class.

 

 

Heeji ran one hand through her hair and stepped out of the cafeteria.

“This is crazy.” She murmured as she walked to the gardens, then she paused when she saw a long figure sitting on a marble bench.

Heeji made her way towards him, she saw his two guards bow politely as she passed by.

“Not eating lunch?”

Taeyong looked up; clearly he wasn’t expecting to see her.

“I did, earlier.” He replied, Heeji nodded and sat down next to him.

“Are you still trying to wrap your head around it? What’s happening to us~”

Taeyong took off his blazer and placed it on her lap.

“Yesterday you were wearing your uniform, is this an act of rebellion?” He asked her.

“Like I said, at least let me have my rebellion.” She grinned, Taeyong shook his head.

“Did you get into trouble yesterday?” He asked.

“No. But today’s no better. Dinner with the royal family.”

“I was informed about it. How are we going to deal with it?” He glanced at her.

“You’re going to be king, Taeyong. I’m sure a loophole will appear.” She grinned, and then she paused.

“Up to when will you keep on taking photos?” She asked loudly, Taeyong glanced back; he found two males with cameras hiding behind the bushes.

Heeji stood up.

“Heeji,” Taeyong caught her arm, the two palace guards rushed towards the males. Her brows furrowed briefly.

“Give me the memory cards.” Taeyong spoke, the guards took their cameras and picked out the small cards.

“Seja, miss Jung~”

“Just leave the campus. We wont be reporting.” Heeji spoke, the guards glanced at Taeyong. He gave them a nod before keeping the memory cards in his pockets.

“Ya, I thought of something.” Heeji said as she handed him his blazer.

“Once your king, divorce me.”

“Heeji, that~”

“That is the only loophole, seja.” She grinned, Taeyong stood up and exhaled.

“I’ll walk you to class.” He nodded and placed one hand on her back.

“Not going to thank me for that save? Even your guards didn’t detect them, wangseja.” She mused.

“Thank you, Heeji. Happy now?” He asked dryly, she just chuckled and playfully nudged him.

“Lighten up, it’s an arranged marriage, not a death sentence.”

 

 

“Where is he?” She asked, Johnny and Ten walked with her.

“He didn’t eat much and just left us.” Ten stated as they stepped out of the cafeteria.

“He did say we should meet at the gardens, but he wasn’t there.”

Johnny looked around them, and then he saw the two.

“There!” Johnny pointed, the girl followed his gaze.

“It’s Heeji.” Ten nodded, then he paused.

The girl beside them tensed briefly, her brows knitted together as Taeyong suppressed a small smile while Heeji was talking.

Johnny glanced at Ten briefly, the latter just shook his head.

“Ya, they’ve been friends since they were three or something, that’s why~”

“It’s fine. I’ll just head to class.” She said before walking towards the elevator.

“If you think about it, it’s her fault too.” Johnny stated, they watched as Taeyong and Heeji reached the stairs. Now, Taeyong was the one explaining something to her.

“She rejected him. Then this badass beauty comes along.”

“Ya, Taeyong loves her.” Ten reasoned.

“I know, but she can’t just go back and claim him. She was the one who left.”

 

 

Ahyoung looked up just as Taeyong entered the empty lecture hall.

“You weren’t there.” She spoke as he took his seat beside her.

“Something came up. I’m sorry.” He said as he faced her.

“Something as in the fiancé?” She looked at her fingers briefly.

“Ahyoung, Heeji is~”

“I know who she is, the Jung heiress. An old friend of yours.” She met his gaze briefly.

“You know how I feel for you.” Taeyong said.

“I do, I’m just confused why you’re doing this.”

Taeyong paused and took her hand in his.

“I can’t escape this, you know that.”

Ahyoung shook her head before facing him again.

“I can’t lose you, you know that.”

“We’re just friends, Ahyoung-ah. We’re both doing this out of duty.” Taeyong squeezed her hand gently.

“You can’t choose her, Taeyong.” She looked at him, her eyes watering.

 

 

 

“I’m not going to, I wont.” He replied before pulling her to his chest.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>