030

A Royal Pain In The

 

Heeji sat down on the wooden bench with her laptop on her lap; she plugged in the flash drive Kai had given her.

Old photos of Taeyong and Ahyoung flashed on the screen, some were taken outside campus.

Then she paused, she cam across a photo of Ahyoung stepping out of the Jung mansion, her brows furrowed deeply.

Another photo came up, this time it was during their high school years, it was a photo of Ahyoung and Heeji walking towards their waiting Range Rover.

Heeji went trough the photo listlessly when she noticed something odd. It was a photo of Ahyoung sitting at a coffee shop, speaking to a familiar male, he was wearing a pair of black thick-rimmed eyeglasses and on the table between them were a bunch of printed photos. She zoomed in on the photo and balked.

What they had between them was a photo of Taeyong and Ahyoung together; it was the kind of photo that could cause trouble as they were holding hands.

“Bull.” She spat, flew to her hand and she looked around.

“Unbelievable.” She muttered as she stood up.

 

 

“Some of my classes are cancelled today.” Taeyong said as they stepped down from the car, Heeji nodded.

“Heeji-yah,” He took hold of her hand, she paused and faced him.

“Make time for me at lunch.” He asked, Heeji blinked.

“I know you don’t like her. I respect that, but still, make time for me. I miss talking to you, bigung.” He smiled.

“I’ll see you then.” She squeezed his hand back, Taeyong let out a sigh of relief that surprised her, he tugged at her hand and pulled her to him.

Heeji tensed.

“Now you talk, finally.” He murmured as he cupped the back of her head, their guards politely looked away.

Heeji saw Kai’s car pull over in front of them.

“Can I go with Kai oppa for a bit? I have some matters to settle.” She said as he pulled back, Taeyong followed her gaze and nodded.

“We wont be long. I’ll text you as soon as I’m back in school.”

Taeyong’s brows met briefly but he nodded.

“Sure, take care.” He smiled before kissing the side of her head and walking to marble stairs, he glanced at the guards, signaling them not to follow Heeji as she crossed the lot.

Heeji glanced at him as he went up, she saw Ahyoung already waiting by the entrance doors.

“You too, take care.” She whispered.

 

 

“This guy…isn’t he some sort of gossip blogger or something?” Heeji stated as the car sped out of the campus, Kai nodded and handed her a black baseball cap.

“Honestly, I don’t know what’s her move. That photo was taken last week, but it hasn’t been published yet. And I can’t trace him, it’s going to be hard to block this, Ji.”

Heeji leaned back on her seat.

“We don’t have to.”

“Heeji~”

“If she wants trouble, then let her have it.” She said calmly.

“This will affect you and Taeyong.” Kai said he stepped on the gas.

“We might get yelled at by the king and queen if this goes out,” Heeji murmured.

“The throne.” Kai stated.

“Fine, I’ll try if I can ask someone from LG to hack into that guy’s computer.” She mumbled darkly.

“There goes my LG princess.” Kai chuckled.

“Oppa, sometimes…I’m so tempted to tell him the truth. The whole truth.” Heeji looked at her palms.

“About Ahyoung? Then why not?”

“I already got in between them, Kim Jongin, how would that make me look?”

“The rightful wife?” Kai replied while rolling his eyes.

“No. That would make me look desperate; I don’t want to steal Taeyong from her. I wont go that low.”

“But you’re married to him, it’s only~”

“We’re not discussing it. Let it go. Just drive us to the range. I was crazy for even thinking about it.”

 

 

“What was that earlier?” Ahyoung asked as Taeyong reached her.

“What?”

“You and Heeji.” She nodded.

Taeyong tensed, Ahyoung was the reason why Heeji was different with him.

“I just don’t like her, okay?”

“Heeji, if you get to know her~”

“I don’t want to. And I don’t need to. That’s it, no other reason. I’m not mad at you, I just don’t like her. That’s why I’m keeping my distance.”

“Heeji, I don’t understand, are you not telling me something?”

“This is what I wasn’t telling you. Don’t expect me to be chummy with you girlfriend, jeoha. I can’t do that.”

“Oh, you know, we both have to keep up with pretenses.” He fibbed as they reached their lecture hall.

“Well, I almost got tricked by it.” She chuckled before going inside; Taeyong smiled and just bit his lower lip as he followed her.

“So, I was thinking, this weekend,” Ahyoung started as they made their way to the vacant seats.

“Let’s go out, movie and lunch?” She beamed at him.

And then his phone started to ring.

“Ah~”

“Seja, something has happened.” It was his father’s secretary and the man sounded worried.

“What do you mean?” He asked, then he saw his two guards rushing towards him, his brows met briefly as one of them offered him an iPad.

Taeyong took the device and he halted.

“Prepare the car, we’ll pick up bigung mama on the way.”

Ahyoung looked at him, Taeyong just picked up his bag and left the room, not even bothering to glance at her as he left.

She exhaled as her fingers curled around her phone.

 

 

“Go ahead, run to her. She’s going to need a lot of help soon.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++