014

A Royal Pain In The


Chanyeol grinned as he dropped the six-pack beside Heeji, she looked up and opened a can and took a long sip.

“Look at you, dressed for a polo match and now, drinking cheap beer.” He mused as he took a can himself.

“When did you get back, oppa?” She asked him as she leaned back on her arms.

“Finally decided to get my masters at Daehan, so you’ll be seeing more of me soon.”

“Well, that’s sounds like trouble.” She pointed out.

“You look troubled.”

“I just can’t seem to wrap my head around it, you know. Ahyoung and Taeyong. I mean, how ironic can it get?” She murmured.

“From her point of view, it does seem like you’re out to destroy her life again.” He stated.

“She almost destroyed my family, oppa. And it’s not like I want to marry Taeyong. Our grandfathers arranged it.”

“And it confuses me that you’re not doing anything about it.”

She smiled to herself before finishing her can.

“Heeji, if this~”

“It’s time I redeem myself, oppa. Besides, does it not make me look good to the family? I followed halbae’s wish.”

“But, what about what you want?” He asked softly, she shook her head.

“It’s fine. I can’t get what I want anyway.”

 

 

“Ahyoung-ah,”

She paused and found Taeyong walking after her, she stopped and faced his direction.

“What is it?” She asked with a smile.

“I have a favor to ask,” He asked quietly, Ahyoung nodded for him speak, she gently reached for her hand, but Taeyong shook his head.

Ahyoung paused in confusion.

“I think it…I think it would be best if…we…,” He trailed off, not knowing how to continue. Ahyoung’s insides twisted.

“You don’t want me to touch you in public?” She continued for him, Taeyong nodded.

“It’s nothing, really. It’s just that people might see us, and it might cause trouble not just for me, but you as well.”

“And, Heeji.” She nodded, trying to put on a smile.

“Heeji….Heeji’s bulletproof. She can withstand anything, its you I want to protect.” He smiled. Ahyoung nodded and dropped her hands to her side, then they saw the black chauffeured Range Rover pull over before them.

“I’ll see you on Monday.” Taeyong touched her hair fleetingly before heading to the car, Ahyoung watched as one guard opened the door for him as he neared the vehicle.

No, she can’t win this time. It can’t be always about her.

 

 

Heeji stepped inside the living room of her parents’ Cheongdam villa, she looked around, feeling like a newcomer.

“Heeji,” Her mother smiled as she stepped out of the kitchen, dressed in a Chanel pantsuit.

“Eomma, I came by because app~”

“I know, you’re moving in the palace tonight.” The Jung elder was beaming, Heeji didn’t know what to reply, she just shrugged.

“Ahyoung mentioned you saw each other at the club earlier, how was your ride? Did you play the match?” She asked as they sat down.

Before Heeji could reply, Ahyoung appeared by the staircase.

“Ahyoung, you’re home!”

Heeji resisted the urge to roll her eyes as the girl sat across her, she could sense her mother tense slightly as she looked at her.

“Is appa going to take long? I don’t have much time.” Heeji spoke.

“He must be~”

“Eomma, Heeji was really great today. She was with the crown prince and his friends, Jaerin was there too.” Ahyoung spoke excitedly.

“Really? Then, did she introduce you to the saeja?”

“Aniyo, they seem preoccupied, so I didn’t approach them.” She purred.

Heeji snorted.

Heol, daebak, what a liar.

“Heeji, why didn’t you introduce your sister to her brother-in-law?” Mrs. Jung chided.

“Why should I?” Heeji replied flatly, before anyone could react.

“Is that how you should be treating your older sister?” Mr. Jung boomed, Heeji stood up.

“Good, now you’ve seen my face, can I go now?” She asked as the elder joined them in them in the living room.

“You should join us for dinner, Heeji.” He stated.

“I’d rather not, just have fun with your little family, abeoji.” She quipped with a smile.

“Jung Heeji~”

“This is the disadvantage now, abeoji.” Heeji spoke again, her eyes went to Ahyoung, who was trying to hide her smirk.

“You can’t yell at me anymore, I’m going to be the crown princess. Not your daughter. Not anymore.”

“Heeji, stop that.” Mrs. Jung said worriedly.

“When will you grow up? Ahyoung did nothing wrong, it is you! You are the problem!” The male snapped.

“Of course, I am.” Heeji said with a flourish of her hand as she left the unit.

 

 

Taeyong stood behind his parents as the three Rolls Royce vehicles pulled to a stop, a guard opened the door and Heeji slid down, clad in a pale pink dress that reached her knees and a pair of white flats.

“Heeji,” The queen dowager greeted her with open arms, she grinned before hugging the lady.

“You didn’t have to come out to see me, halmamama, I should be the one going to you.” Heeji chuckled as she pulled away.

She looked at the king and queen and bowed politely.

“Come, join us for dinner. We will be dining at the hanging gardens.” The king patted her shoulder before leaving, Heeji nodded and exhaled as soon as the adults were out of earshot.

“How was that?” She mused as Taeyong walked to her.

“Perfect, as always.” He smiled and wrapped her arm around his.

“Heeji,” He spoke, she glanced at him.

“Jiji, where did you get that nickname?” He asked, Heeji started to smile.

“You.”

Taeyong blinked.

“You used to call me Jiji when we were little, and it got stuck. Up to high school, our driver ahjussi and the cleaning ahjumma called Jiji. Some friends call me that too.” She chuckled as she leaned her head on his shoulder as they crossed the wooden bridge.

Taeyong smiled, Heeji was always so natural.

“This is start then, our palace life.” She murmured as she looked at the lake.

“I can teach you all the escape routes as long as you warn me before disappearing.”

She laughed.

“I can lend you all my cars if you do that.” She nodded, he smiled.

“Did Ahyoung make you uncomfortable? You seem awkward earlier.” He stated.

Heeji paused and shook her head.

“It’s nothing. I’m sure she was uncomfortable too.” She nodded.

“Welcome to the palace, Batman bigung.” Taeyong commented.

“Don’t start now, I have gown fitting tomorrow. Wow, your people sure do work fast.” She said as they reached the hanging gardens.

“You’re stuck with me now.” Taeyong said childishly.

“Yeah, of all people. You. Ew.” She rolled her eyes before approached the table, Taeyong just smiled and followed her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++