001

A Royal Pain In The

Just updated the foreword.  :>

 

 

The crowd went wild just as the Katsura Orange Nissan GTR skidded to a graceful and screechy halt. The driver, a young lady with light brown hair and dark eyes slid down, a small calm smile graced her beautiful face as she looked around.

Not bad, miss Jung!

She gave the familiar face a nod before taking off her baseball cap and making her way towards the booth, she was dressed in a pair of tight skinny jeans and loose Balmain.

Heeji,

She looked up, Kin, one of her few friends called to her.

Yes?” She replied. Momentarily distracted by his yellow and blue highlights.

Some people came by earlier, looking for you.

People?” She echoed, the male nodded and jutted his lips towards the crowd, and then she saw it.

“Oh, brother.” She muttered under her breath before clucking her tongue, Kin grinned in amusement.

She sighed and dropped her drink on the table.

Is it the “calling”?” Kin mused at her.

Yeah.” She replied, just as the three males in dark suits saw her.

Good luck, then.” Kin bumped fists with her just as the males reached her.

“Young miss,” They bowed politely, Heeji looked at them and crossed her arms.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Please, follow us.”

Heeji glanced around them, she saw the Rolls Royce waiting a few meters away from them.

She smirked.

“Let’s see if you can follow me instead.” She said before jogging back to the track, she leaped over the barricade and slid inside her GTR.

The guards just watched helplessly as the vehicle, carrying their VIP sped away.

 

 

 

The two maids watched behind the glass windows worriedly as the crown prince picked up the box on his desk.

They watched as he took out its contents, his brows furrowed at the sight of the silver medal he plucked out.

And then he saw it, the letter, his grandfather’s penmanship and the royal seal, his eyes widened briefly as he dropped it back on the table as if the items were on fire.

“How do you think he’ll react to this?” One maid whispered.

“I don’t know, he’s kind of…unpredictable that way, he..rarely talks.”

They looked up again; the prince had taken the old photo along with the letter of his grandfather and left his quarters.

“But, who could the lucky lady be?”

“I feel bad for her, we all know that he already has someone.”

“As if that would work with the way the royal family do things?”

The latter closed and looked at the young prince sadly.

“I do hope he smiles more, it’s nice seeing our seja smile.”

 

 

Heeji looked up just as the three males appeared before her, she grinned before taking a sip from her latte.

“You wanted to talk?”

One cleared his throat and took out his phone, Heeji flinched when she saw who was on the other line.

“Halmeoni,” She said primly, then the lady snorted.

“You sound so calm now but you made them chase you around with that car of yours.”

Heeji managed to roll her eyes, but she was smiling.

“What is it? Wanna visit Japan?”

“No. I need you to come home.”

Heeji paused and looked at the guards briefly.

“Home? Why?”

“It’s about your grandfather.”

“Halmae, halbae died three years ago, what could~”

“Try not coming home, I’m going to cut you off.” She threatened impatiently, Heeji smiled, amused by her grandmother’s harsh but loving words.

“You can’t. You only have one granddaughter, you can’t do that. What will happen to all your jewels? The pearl and the diamonds!” She hummed.

“Jung Heeji, you~”

“I will, give me a few days. I still have few days of classes before break starts, halmeoni.” Heeji looked at the laces of Converse sneakers before crossing her legs.

“Good. Be quick.”

“You’re not even going to check on me? Am I healthy or eating well~”

“No. Just be home this week.”

Heeji made a face before handing the phone back to the male.

“Do you know what this is all about? Why do I need to go home?” She asked as she stood up, she picked up her Louis Vuitton backpack.

“No, miss.”

“Do I even want to know what it is?” She said to herself before heading out of the coffee shop.

 

 

“Does this make sense, abamama?” Taeyong asked, he felt his mother’s gaze on him briefly.

“It was a promise made by the late king, seja, you~”

“I know, I know, I read the letter, but,” Taeyong set the paper on the table, and then he felt his grandmother reach out for his hand. He exhaled and took her hand in his.

“Taeyong-ah, seja,” She said quietly. He looked at the elder.

“Halmamama, you can’t do this. Asking me to do something like this with short notice.”

“We are not asking you to do this, it is your duty as next king to keep the royal family’s promise.” The king intervened, Taeyong’s brows furrowed briefly.

“You don’t even know who this lady is?” Taeyong dropped the honorifics; his father’s secretary stepped out of the room along with the palace attendants.

“We have a picture of her~”

“Unbelievable. I already feel bad her.” Taeyong stood up.

“Seja,” The queen looked at him with a warning.

“Taeyong, please, sit down.” The queen dowager looked at him with kind eyes.

“I feel bad for her, because like me, she’ll be trapped here too.” He stated before leaving the room.

“What was her name again? Miss Jung?” The elder spoke, the queen smiled before picking up the photo and giving to her mother-in-law.

 

 

“Jung Heeji. From what I’ve heard, she’s a very sweet and calm young lady.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++