Chapter 9

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Don’t you ever do that again!”

 

Jiyong's heart thumped in his chest as he made his way down the hospital's corridors. He wouldn’t admit it out loud and he wouldn’t show it in front of all the spectators noticing him, but he was scared. The last thing he ever expected was a phone call stating Seunghyun passed out from exhaustion and was in the hospital.

 

He knew the tour and filming was taking too much of a toll on Seunghyun.

 

Reaching the door, he forced it open, causing the room's other occupants to jump in surprise at his aggressive entrance.

 

His eyes traveled around until settling on the only one who mattered at this point.

 

Seunghyun greeted him with a sheepish grin and his heart broke at the sight. The man's eyes held heavy dark circles and his black hair had completely lost it’s shine. Seunghyuns jaw line was sharper than it had ever been due to the weight loss that accompanied the stress of his busy schedule and Jiyong wondered why he had never noticed before.

 

“Hey Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong turned to Hyeyoon, bowing in greeting and offering a relieved smile that was gratefully returned.

 

“Hey Hyeyoon, where’s the kid?”

 

The woman chuckled at the nickname and motioned to the couch in the corner of the room. The young child was sound asleep, wrapped in blankets probably provided by the nurses. YeonJun looked so precious sleeping so peacefully that his irritation of the situation almost disappeared.

 

Settling his gaze back on the patient, Hyeyoon excused herself from the room, making up an excuse as ridiculous as going to get something to eat while Yeonjun slept so that he had something to eat once he woke.

 

It was 10 at night, Yeonjun would probably sleep the rest of the night.

 

“Hey, Ji-”

 

“Don’t you ‘hey’ me.” Jiyongs tone was agitated as he marched up to Seunghyuns bed and touched his forehead. The skin was warm to the touch and Jiyong didn’t like the flush on Seunghyun's face. “Why were you not taking good care of yourself?”

 

Seunghyun sighed as Jiyong ranted about how he needs to be more considerate about his health. Had it been anyone else Seunghyun would have grown annoyed but Jiyong was a different matter. When he was worried, he ranted. He was grateful that Jiyong cared enough to stop by the hospital when he was busy.

 

The others had stopped sent text showing their worry, their schedules going in late through the night in preparation for the next show or promotion. Jiyong was just as busy as the others but he made time. It was made Jiyong more special in his heart, not that he would ever tell the others. They already knew.

 

“You know you haven’t been getting much sleep since you can’t sleep on planes so why can’t you just sleep when you have an off day. Actually, why don’t you have any off days? This is why you’ve been so cranky. I’m calling hyung right now to complain about-”

 

Seunghyun grabbed Jiyongs phone out of his hand before he was able to find the presidents number. He had been overworking his body but he was managing. There was no need for Yang Hyunsuk to get involved just because Jiyong had worries about him. “I’m fine.”

 

“If you were fine you wouldn’t be laying in the hospital getting fluids pumped into you because you decided to pass out due to exhaustion.”

 

He flinched at the tone, eyeing his nephew to make sure the shrill didn’t wake him. The sleeping child didn’t budge. Seunghyun would give anything to be able to sleep like that. He really hadn't gotten more than 5 hours sleep in the past 3 weeks. Seunghyun would be in better shape if he didn’t have a phobia of sleeping on the plane.

 

“Sorry-”

 

“Don’t say sorry, just don’t ever do this again. You won't believe how worried I was.”

 

Jiyong sat at the edge of his bed, grabbing hold of his hand and giving a squeeze of comfort. The annoyance that was once on his face disappeared after finishing his lecture and Seunghyun was grateful with the charming smile that replaced it.

 

To Seunghyun, Jiyong was absolutely adorable.


In which Seunghyun really needs to take better care of himself, but it's okay because nurse Jiyong will take care of him.